ILM X-wing photos

Newbie Doobie

This is for everyone that doesn't want to search forever through all the old posts/threads for the ILM shots of all the available photos on the internet. These are the ones that are allowed for all to see. This was done at robiwons' request. Double click on any photo to see it full size. Enjoy!:)

Attachments

• blue4compressedlz0.jpg
    blue4compressedlz0.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 933
Last edited:
Sorry,I have to enter more than one post to do this! :wacko The blue screen photo is one that I digitally altered to look as I figure it originally did back in the day,as the one with a black background was changed later by someone else - feel free to copy as many of these you need!

Last edited:
Please be patient with me people!:wacko This has taken a lot of time to do!:rolleyes The second picture from the left is George in the ILM archives. This picture was taken for TIME magazine. The X-wing featured here with him is RED 3. This is the only one with a green splotch on the port side by the cockpit! This looks bigger than it really is because,it is several feet in the FOREGROUND(in front of him).

Attachments

• xwingconstruction02.jpg
    xwingconstruction02.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:
I'll just keep this as short as possible out of respect for the other members of the forum. Here are the URLs from the websites that I found just goofing around looking for reference pics on the internet. www.forbiddenplastic.com/ref_star_wars/ref_sw_mos_x_wing.html Http://public.fotki.com/shrugger2/star_wars_at_cosi/ www.starshipmodeler.com/starwars/smith_sw.htm#rebby You'll have to scroll down to see the pics of the x-wing under the millenium falcon section of this page on starship modelers' website. Oh,and two more for good measure!

Last edited:
It's always good to have stuff consolodated, thanks!

(BTW, the third pic in the first post is a Special Edition CG shot.)

It's always good to have stuff consolodated, thanks!

(BTW, the third pic in the first post is a Special Edition CG shot.)

I know - I just threw it in there for @%7#s,and giggles because it's red 2! I stole this shot from ebay. It was horribly fractured,and pixelated - I just cleaned it up a little without realizing that it wasn't ready to be posted to the internet yet. The background needs to be refined,and the contrast adjusted one more time. Thanks! Oh,I forgot one!

Last edited:
Some leftovers of a pyro and a more recent buildup (source unknown) in this Disney World display from 2002:
http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/Treadwell_Jay/SW models PH Disney 2003/

Also a TIE and some DS pieces. A good look at an R2 strip on one of the DS pieces, as well as the Sherman part that goes under the cannons.

Edit:
Oh, by "ILM X-Wing photos", do we mean photos taken by ILMers, or photos of ILM X-Wings? If the former, then my link doesn't apply.

Last edited:
Some leftovers of a pyro and a more recent buildup (source unknown) in this Disney World display from 2002:
http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/Treadwell_Jay/SW models PH Disney 2003/

Also a TIE and some DS pieces. A good look at an R2 strip on one of the DS pieces, as well as the Sherman part that goes under the cannons.

Edit:
Oh, by "ILM X-Wing photos", do we mean photos taken by ILMers, or photos of ILM X-Wings? If the former, then my link doesn't apply.

NO treadwell! This thread is for photos of ILM models-NOT ILM photos! Any photo of an ILM model,no matter who took it is what I'm looking for! I don't have any other photos of ILM models other than these,that I don't have to sign a nondisclosure agreement form for! Any other members that have photos of ILM X-wing models are more than welcome to come forth with them. Thanks for sharing your link with the rest of us! These are what I'm talking about.:)

Last edited:
Does anyone else have any pics that they can post(without getting into trouble)?

Here are 4 more photos almost certainly from the same reel of film as your b/w shot of the 2 pyros on stands in the paint booth. I dug them out of the internet - page 170 or something insane like that on an x-wing google image search. They were buried deep, but out there, illustrating an auction of the original prints - hence the sellers' label across the centre. So I'm presuming it's ok to post them. Maybe they've been seen here before, but if not, here you go.

Last edited:
Er... Newbie, are you there? I done posted some x pics like you asked. Were they of interest?

Here are some more from 'Famous Spaceships', legendary one-off modeling mag special from '79 with many ILM SW photos I've never encountered anywhere else since. Including all four of these Red 2 images. They're b/w but give a hell of a lot of good ref - especially on the fuselage, the lower planes of which I've never found any decent ref for except these photos here.
The last image is very low res, sadly, due to the small size it was printed.

Perhaps for some this stuff is old hat; not for everyone though, I'm sure, so :

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics. I used to have that mag. Man, did I wear it out from flipping thru it so much!

Er... Newbie, are you there? I done posted some x pics like you asked. Were they of interest?

Here are some more from 'Famous Spaceships', legendary one-off modeling mag special from '79 with many ILM SW photos I've never encountered anywhere else since. Including all four of these Red 2 images. They're b/w but give a hell of a lot of good ref - especially on the fuselage, the lower planes of which I've never found any decent ref for except these photos here.
The last image is very low res, sadly, due to the small size it was printed.

Perhaps for some this stuff is old hat; not for everyone though, I'm sure, so :

Yeah,Colin - I'm here! This is what I was talking about! Robi wanted these photos all in one thread,so I thought I'd oblige him! I shared all the photos I'm allowed to without signing an NDA!!:confused Even though those photos are black,and white -they're GREAT!! The last one I can remove all the pixelation from it without altering it,but it'll take some time for me to do this! This photo comes up real big on my computer! I have some photos that I'll send you that I altered with Carrie Fisher,if you send me your email address. I have the before,and after shots,so you can compare! This was a great idea to start this thread! Thank you Robiwon for the idea!!! I appreciate your interest for everyone that is involved in this!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back