ILM X-wing photos

Ging, that photo gives us a look at strange new stuff - to me at least. The tall tower in the trench, the rough x-wing maquettes... Thanks.

It's possibly a mock up, put together possibly for use as a photographic storyboard sequence ? . Note the little model man as well in the bottom corner.

Would be interested to hear any opinions ?

Last edited:
Would like to see more of that X-Wing mock up too. Might be fun for a quick and dirty build.

Would like to see more of that X-Wing mock up too. Might be fun for a quick and dirty build.

Here you go. Not a photo shop expert so you might be able to adjust the contrast.

xwingpole.jpg

It's possibly a mock up, put together possibly for use as a photographic storyboard sequence ? . Note the little model man as well in the bottom corner.

Would be interested to hear any opinions ?

Its great to see some of your collection hit the boards mate, your old MF cockpit drawing still has pride of place in my living room :love

Best Guy

Its great to see some of your collection hit the boards mate, your old MF cockpit drawing still has pride of place in my living room :love

Best Guy

I will post some more up. I doubt I have anything that will add more to the knowledge base on what's known.

Working on one photo that might be interesting :love

Cheers, man, those two pyro shots are fabulous! You know, these photos of yours show the pyro up in a pretty damn good light. Since they're unpainted in these shots, there's no sub-hero paintjob, leaving the eye free to enjoy the wonderful form of the models. Even the wider-open wing configuration looks great in its own right. These photos mean I'm going to be happy enough with the wing positioning on my V3. Anyone know if the more closed-up look of the heroes was a limitation of the armature, or was it a deliberate aesthetic choice?

These are incredible production shots of the pyro models being built. Thank you so much for posting more of these here.

I think the angle on the hero wings was more a function of the fit of the armature to the fuselage, the sides of which acted as a stop for the "L" brackets that held the wings.

What's interesting is that there's a good bit of variation of maximum wing angles among the 4 known hero models, which is another reason to believe that construction probably had more to do with what we saw on screen than aesthetics.

Yes, thanks for those pics, I can really notice the "thick" wings in these pics, which is what i tried to emulate in the V3....again great pics...

I will post some more. I have scans of them on the PC but as some I've sold to other collectors I need to ensure any I post I still own.

Some more. If anyone is interested in these I am selling a few of these on my site to fund further purchases.

Polaroid of a Xwing.....over to someone to identify :)

xwing1wm.jpg

Some more pyros

xwing2wm.jpg

xwingwm3.jpg

xwingwm4.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back