My Completed Sonic Screwdriver Remote Control Conversion

I realize that I have left this thread unattended, Here are some images of the latest round of mods: Updated claws! Firstly, the claws were given a beefier profile as compared to the original remote claws. Secondly the remote claws featured a secondary notch on the side facing the remote body, this has since been removed to result in an overall cleaner look when the claws are open. These are cut out of a 3/16 aluminum on a waterjet machine and are then hand sanded. My biggest regret with the conversions was that the look somewhat fell apart when the claws were opened as you could see the hollow spaces in the claws, well, no more. The bracket has also been vastly improved. Instead of using 4 angled pieces to hold the claws in place, they are now all mounted to a single central piece, quite similarly to the original prop, The new claws add a bout 4 hours to the conversion time, but personally I think the final results are worth it.

Last edited:
I'm a new member and can't access the classified section yet. I'm interested it the available custom parts mentioned in this thread to make my own.

As far as the toy sonic is it better to pick up the 11th or the 12th Doctors sonic for this conversion?

As far as the toy sonic is it better to pick up the 11th or the 12th Doctors sonic for this conversion?

Ive just been using the 11th toys for these. However, from what I can tell, the "single button" version of the 12th sonic should suffice just fine. the second version with the crystal in the pommel looks to have a completely different electronics set up, so I would not recommend that.

kursosawa:

Thanks for the response on the toy version, I'm able to access the classifieds now and posted in your unlimited run for the 11th 12th sonic converssions there.

HUGE thanks for this fine thread and offering diy conversion parts as well as commisions on completed units. This thread wasa motivational push for me to finally join The RPF.

General Question: Has anyone tried filling the stock claws with JB Weld then painting it to match the outer portion of the claws? Seems that could be a workable solution to the wand companies oversight.

Just in cast anyone wants to try their own conversion and cant get hold of the CO 11th Doctor sonic toy, the CO 12th Doctor (single button verison) sonic will work as well as they are identical in regards to the electronics casing.

Do you have any pictures of the gray ring area? I know you said it sits under the claws but does that mean the L shaped brackets sit on top on the ring? Im just stuck at that part and looking for a visual.

Thank you.

Heya man, I have one question actually.. I had to replace the ring piece on my sonic due to sharing a car with a garage and using the floor as a workspace. Can you tell me how did you remove the copper plating from the sonic?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back