Another MPC Millennium Falcon Modification

I read the whole thread and you're doing an astounding work on that baby:cool ...Very impressive; you've the patience of a Jedi. Eager to see it painted for sure!

Hey peza, thanks

I posted images of the top turret, and I've finished the bottom one but broke it down a bit and showed my progress:

The moulded & duplicated part from (I think) the Episode 1 STAP droid kit
The original parts from the MPC:
Quadguns5.jpg

Quadguns.jpg

Quadguns3.jpg

Quadguns6.jpg

Quadguns7.jpg

Quadguns8.jpg

Turrets.jpg

I still am not happy with the cockpit tube & panels around it....I've taken it of & on so many times that its getting really messed up looking:
Unhappy2.jpg

Unhappy.jpg

So off again .....removed all surface detail on the hull etc:
Newpanels2.jpg

Newpanels.jpg

Newpanels3.jpg

NewPanels4.jpg

newcorridor.jpg

newcorridor2.jpg

Still a bit of tyding up to do on this part (pipework needs resized etc)

Then onto the cockpit interior

Thanks very much for looking
John

Geez...with that kind of major surgery, you'd need an anesthetist, a nurse and a fully equipped O.R. :eek But, joking aside; it's looking very good and it seems that the patient has recovered and is doing fine.:cool

Thanks joberg,....yep she seams to have recovered & I'm much happier!

On to the underside

Because of the thinning of the sidewalls & making the docking rings larger, the docking walkways needed a bit if work to increase their size, so a little bit of panel work will hopefully sort that out:

Newpanelsunder3.jpg

Newpanelsunder2.jpg

newpanelsunder.jpg

Just a bit more panel work to be done around the rings & some pipework in the rings,....then perhaps paint or the cockpit interior

John

Looking good...do you know when it'll be finished? I'm asking because with this kind of transformations, the more you do and the more you see what could be...aannd, it never stops. So, is there a point when you'll say to yourself: o.k. I did all I could to come close to the ship we know and love?

Ive got one of these in pieces in the basement. When I first started following this thread it was with a hope that I would finally get around to sorting it out. But now I know it is a glorious kind of madness. Jaitea your skills are awesome.

Looking good...do you know when it'll be finished? I'm asking because with this kind of transformations, the more you do and the more you see what could be...aannd, it never stops. So, is there a point when you'll say to yourself: o.k. I did all I could to come close to the ship we know and love?

I really think I'm almost finished the modifications & I'm pretty much happy with what I've done.....the only thing different I would have done would have been fixing the curvature of the hull, that should have been the first correction, everything else builds on that,....a lot of the mods I've done are me trying to compensate for the hull.....I'd like to see how my old friend Ozzy is getting on with his MPC

If I were to do it again or advise anyone doing a radical MPC Falcon build,...build an internal structure for the ship to hold it's shape, because once you cut into the hulls they can distort and warp

Ive got one of these in pieces in the basement. When I first started following this thread it was with a hope that I would finally get around to sorting it out. But now I know it is a glorious kind of madness. Jaitea your skills are awesome.

Thanks ZYZYGY, I say go for it, I've had more fun than problems & although I have the FM Falcon, I love the MPC tonnes more

On to the Turret window on the lower turret,..I was going to put the original piece in & black out the windows.....but I thought I'd have a go with removing the windows & leaving the frame......took a few hours, but I'm happy with the way it turned out:
TurretWindow.jpg

TurretWindow2.jpg

TurretWindow3.jpg

Eventually finishing the details on the docking rings:
DockingRingsDetail.jpg

John

Nice to see you back at this! The turret guns look stunning and you did the right thing taking out those windows. One of the things I regret the most not having done on mine.

Thanks Kyuzo, still a few bits to build on this,...but I couldn't wait to paint her:

7.jpg

Just the paint scheme,....no weathering yet.....
6.jpg

5.jpg

I know it's still rough......overspray etc

4.jpg

I'm not gonna start weathering till I'm happy with the panel painting

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Thanks very much for looking:

John

Well that's just unfair.

Not only are you a master model builder but you are also a master model painter? Some people get all the talent.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back