Repainting a MPC Millennium Falcon ***FINISHED*** with tons of pictures

I've taken the last 2 days and been trying to clean the house up a bit.
With the kitchen still not complete, can't fully clean it all, but, getting everything dusted really good and mainly, FINALLY got around to hanging my Imperial Shuttle and Batwing.
Originally I had fishing string around the models and tied to screws, which made hanging them a bit tough.
I now hang the strings tied to this keychain ring, which hooks on this hook, making it much easier to remove. (Like to dust)
From this angle that old MPC kit doesn't look quite as bad.
View attachment 1714980
In this corner.
View attachment 1714981

View attachment 1714982
Batwing in the other corner. My car collection was so dusty, mainly from the kitchen being torn out.
View attachment 1714983
So I'm thinking when I finish this Falcon, to hang in this area where the red dot is. (Few dots) Try to hang at an angle so you can see front from the right of the room, and back side from the left. I'll see once I get that far....getting close.
View attachment 1714984
I gotta ask: what scale is that Batwing? I ask because the only batwing model I ever built was the small Ertl one, and I have a 4 inch Mattel Michael Keaton Batman that I made a Batmobile for (and want to make a Batwing!).

I gotta ask: what scale is that Batwing? I ask because the only batwing model I ever built was the small Ertl one, and I have a 4 inch Mattel Michael Keaton Batman that I made a Batmobile for (and want to make a Batwing!).
I didn't actually remember at all, but thankfully had a picture of the box. Its a AMT 1/25th scale model.

P1012333.JPG

Its cool you keep your boxes I am the same it is real hard for me to throw anything away I always see a part of some ship in it Nice room I like

Its cool you keep your boxes I am the same it is real hard for me to throw anything away I always see a part of some ship in it Nice room I like
Well, actually, I didn't save the box, only had a picture of it. Mostly, I just don't have to room to save empty boxes.

With the 4th of July now out of the way and the kitchen FINALLY close to being done, I really need to get this Falcon done and hung up.
Once its all done, including kitchen, then will be the massive cleaning of the house, which I'm not really looking forward to, as it will be quite tiring, but can't wait to get it finished, as its been a mess for 5 months now....and then actually find a job as well.
20230710_155644.jpg

These guys are quite tiny.
Since a lot of details on this model are different than the real one, and therefore the perfect grade, I just try and get it in the best area I can.
Theres been a few that just won't really fit and probably too small to even notice.
After its dried from the water, I add a little mirco set over top.
I had a bottle of the mirco sol, but couldn't find it. Hopefully just mixed in with all the mess on the work desk.
Also, since these decals are bassically an after market type thing and probably just printed by someone. They have that shiny area where it's cut out. Only noticeable when the light hits it.
Not sure if mirco sol will help tone that down, or is there something else to help with that, or just have to live with it?

20230710_191430.jpg

I love those decals I have to see if I have any for mine I don't think I used mine I keep my instructions to all models I build even commision stuff should still have them folded up with the plans yours is so detailed I love it its really turning out nice.

I love those decals I have to see if I have any for mine I don't think I used mine I keep my instructions to all models I build even commision stuff should still have them folded up with the plans yours is so detailed I love it its really turning out nice.
I started to just paint it better, but like usual, I do more and more and decide that I want to make it the best MPC kit ever. Or at least try, more as the challenge for myself.

Yes I agree with Analyzer The decales do gives it a nice touch your doing great if I can get caught up I would like to revisit mine but thats some time away keep it going your kicking it out of the park

Be careful with your clear window with the dulling spray have some frosted windows. You have done a fantastic job on this model it does look like a studio model Great Job

Be careful with your clear window with the dulling spray have some frosted windows. You have done a fantastic job on this model it does look like a studio model Great Job
The frosting was there when I started. Maybe something I did back in 2009, but really, I can't remember
Ita not so bad thankfulky.
I can all the super flat clear coat on, so now to just do a few more things, and finally be done.
Yay.
20230716_043139.jpg

It’s really coming along nicely! Where did you get the decals from?
The paint work is excellent and has that lovely grimy look the Falcon should have

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back