Justice League

There is speculation that Deathstroke is shown in the JL version of the Avengers' Helicarrier - the Flying Fox, which in DC is supposed to be a smaller than a Helicarrier and built by Wayne Tech (three levels). The Flying Fox is (allegedly) confirmed for JL. That doesn't mean that this isn't test footage for a Batman solo flick or something else - anything else.

Some are guessing that Deathstroke might be the "opening" villain in JL - and that he might be played by Joe Manganiello - who is currently in London sporting a Slade Wilson-esque goatee.

There is speculation that Deathstroke is shown in the JL version of the Avengers' Helicarrier - the Flying Fox, which in DC is supposed to be a smaller than a Helicarrier and built by Wayne Tech (three levels). The Flying Fox is (allegedly) confirmed for JL. That doesn't mean that this isn't test footage for a Batman solo flick or something else - anything else.

Some are guessing that Deathstroke might be the "opening" villain in JL - and that he might be played by Joe Manganiello - who is currently in London sporting a Slade Wilson-esque goatee.

Where did you get that tidbit JD?

I did think about the flying fox when watching it. Hangar bay looks huge, bit like the Bus in agents of shield.

That's interesting. Whilst he has the physicality, Deathstroke has the potential to be a much stronger villain than I think Joe Manganiello can portray. I like his stuff but I don't think he's got enough gravitas! Especially if they want to spin off and have Deathstroke being the main villain for a Titans flick (please God make it happen)

However, that would be pretty cool if it's a sort of prologue villain that connects to the plot to get us into it. Could be a ridiculously good action sequence to open up with too, Batman v Slade close combat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKGdEHH2WHg Enjoyed this immensely when I was playing this.

For ******'s sake. I wasn't even considering something like this and now I'm pumped.

I said in a previous post that Clark Kent is Superman's disguise. But after some thought I realized he was raised as Clark Kent. It's not like he was Superman man from birth, and when he grew up he decided he wanted to walk among everyone unnoticed so he came up with the Clark disguise. Yeah, he's actually Kal-El/Superman... but he was Clark first.

While Clark Kent being dead in the movies will free them up from having to do anything about him working at the Daily Planet, it's really like they cut out a major part of what makes Superman.

I'm conflicted... maybe because they didn't really do much with the Clark side of the character in BvS that it felt wrong. A couple scenes with him wearing glasses was about it.
At least in MoS (being an origin story), we saw him out of the tights about as much as he was in them.

Seeing a movie with nothing but just Superman flying around and never being Clark would be as weird as never seeing Tony Stark and only seeing Iron Man.

They did this because...Zack Snyder hates Superman. And obviously doesnt get the character. Its insulting to fans of the character.

The info was garnered from comments and other bits while browsing the subject - just an overall impression from various websites and forums.

Another bit, the last person Joe Manganiello to follow on Twitter? Zack Snyder. Here's the pic where he's sporting the alleged Wilson-esque facial hair.

The info was garnered from comments and other bits while browsing the subject - just an overall impression from various websites and forums.

Another bit, the last person Joe Manganiello to follow on Twitter? Zack Snyder. Here's the pic where he's sporting the alleged Wilson-esque facial hair.

It's insane that we find this kind of stuff out in this particular way now, it was the same with Rick Famuyiwa who followed a few WB directors and suddenly we all found out he is the new Flash director etc.

However if Deathstroke is the Batman solo villain, I'm not certain they'd have someone casted let alone have them already sporting the hair to prove it. If it's for a screentest though I suppose it is only 2/3 years away from the film, and therefore only 12/18 months from filming. If its for Justice League as a nice segue into the solo Batman film then it definitely makes sense.

Ok, so we know roughly from the trailer release dates relative to release of films that the next JL trailer will probably drop around December, I would imagine.

What would people want to see from the trailer?

I've been wondering whether I want to see Superman in a trailer or not, but if he does appear, I don't want it to be the next trailer. It has to be the last one, and I don't want a full shot of him or any context. I literally want a little tiny tease. No idea how they'd go about it. Literally everyone who is bothered knows he will be back, so not showing him at all - not certain how much advantage that would have.

I'd like to see an action piece from Aquaman. Just something to let GA know what his "power level" is.

Some running from the Flash, I'd like to see a bit of a sequence similar to what we see in the CW Flash. Lot of awesome potential there.

More motherbox stuff. Something really intriguing and a lot of mystery baiting with it. Not explained.

I'd like to keep Cyborg until the movie, but one thing I'd quite like to see is an arm transformation. Either as a surprise to Cyborg for comedy or as a badass weapon deployment. Don't wanna see it fire.

A long shot/quick shot of the Flying Fox would be great.

And a very loose look at Steppenwolf or a full on up close look at a real life non dream Parademon.

I don't need much Bats or WW in the trailer, though of course they will probs be in it a lot.

Wanna see where they take this humour a bit, but also wanna see that they still have serious stories to tell. Flash being comedic but also being quite lonely/feeling isolated is a great idea.

Any specific moments you'd like to see in the next trailer?

Last edited:
as little as possible :p

Superman will prob show up in a future trailer seeing as that's not much of a surprise that he will be back...other then that i am most excited for momoa/aqauman so def want to see 1 clip from him but no more. Trailers tend to spoil way too much and which is exactly why i try to skip most trailers. I'll usually see the first trailer then skip the ones that follow.

as little as possible :p

Superman will prob show up in a future trailer seeing as that's not much of a surprise that he will be back...other then that i am most excited for momoa/aqauman so def want to see 1 clip from him but no more. Trailers tend to spoil way too much and which is exactly why i try to skip most trailers. I'll usually see the first trailer then skip the ones that follow.

Indeed. I think it's unfortunately inevitable that the trailers will be longer than I'd like, too. Everything I've mentioned above could be covered in a minute, maybe minute 30? Yet we end up with 2 minute + trailers and whilst the immediate buzz of seeing the footage is great, I always wish I hadn't.

This comic con footage from JL is a full minute shorter than the comic con footage of BvS, so that's slightly encouraging.

Saw a collider video the other day - how does the general forum feel about romantic undertones to Bats and WW? On the road, searching for metas etc. Hasn't happened much in the comics if I remember right, but the animated JL did it really well without taking it to silly place. Can see that working quite well and giving us a great dynamic - however we have Steve Trevor in a previous film to deal with (even if it was 100 years ago in universe).

I dont want too much interaction between the League as that is half the point of the film, so want to see those relationships develop.

I keep veering into the full film territory but seeing an extended Aquaman swimming sequence will be pretty friggin cool, though I don't know how much of Atlantis/Atlantean powers we will be exposed to. We've seen a glimpse of the underwater sound barrier break (if thats what it was) so something similar would be good.

The character’s surprising arrival in the DCEU was only recently revealed, but now we know who’ll be playing the man behind Slade Wilson’s mask: True Blood’s Joe Mangienello.

Geoff Johns confirmed the casting as well as Deathstroke’s role in the Batman movie, first reported by The Wrap, to the Wall Street Journal in an interview today. Johns declined to confirm when the Batman film is planned to be released, or whether the blurry teaser footage posted by Ben Affleck last week was for the Batman film or for a cameo appearance in the currently-filming Justice League movie.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016...lay-deathstroke-in-ben-afflecks-batman-movie/

Saw a collider video the other day - how does the general forum feel about romantic undertones to Bats and WW? On the road, searching for metas etc. Hasn't happened much in the comics if I remember right, but the animated JL did it really well without taking it to silly place. Can see that working quite well and giving us a great dynamic - however we have Steve Trevor in a previous film to deal with (even if it was 100 years ago in universe).
It's a bad idea.
Joss Whedon explained that, in the Avengers, Hawkeye and Natasha are more interesting as comrades who would die for each other without the trope of the romantic connection. I think that holds for those two as well.
Batman/WW romantically involved would be as dumb and miscalculated as the first half of the Killing Joke movie.

It's a bad idea.
Joss Whedon explained that, in the Avengers, Hawkeye and Natasha are more interesting as comrades who would die for each other without the trope of the romantic connection. I think that holds for those two as well.
Batman/WW romantically involved would be as dumb and miscalculated as the first half of the Killing Joke movie.

Yeah, I can see it possibly not adding much to the story. I could take it or leave it personally, but certainly no "need" for it to be there. There was obviously a back and forth established in BvS between them that could be explored if they wanted. Though yeah, a strong bond ala Hawkeye and Widow would be good to see.

Big difference between romantic undertones and being fully involved though - I absolutely wouldn't want a Bats/Diana rooftop scene ala Killing Joke. I didn't hate the first half of that, but it didn't add enough to the characters (and detracted in ways) that it came across as completely unnecessary (I do understand why they wanted to flesh out for running time of course).

I'm surprises no-one has posted that already, but it's now pretty much official, Joe Manganiello is Deathstroke in the solo Batman at least, maybe even JL !

I think it entirely depends on how they use him now. Deathstroke being a main villain in the Batman movie...does he have the acting chops? I like him on screen and he has a presence definitely, but dont think I've seen him in a dramatic role. I'd hope they will bring some depth to the screen though because Deathstroke has a great backstory and interesting dynamics with people around him.

However, lets not forget the main thing. We are getting freakin' Deathstroke in a ******* movie. DECENT.

I just listened to an interview by Joe Manganiello where he discusses his love for comics back in 2013, wanting to be a superhero in films, so I bet his heart is definitely in it for this. What an opportunity.

I think it entirely depends on how they use him now. Deathstroke being a main villain in the Batman movie...does he have the acting chops? I like him on screen and he has a presence definitely, but dont think I've seen him in a dramatic role. I'd hope they will bring some depth to the screen though because Deathstroke has a great backstory and interesting dynamics with people around him.

However, lets not forget the main thing. We are getting freakin' Deathstroke in a ******* movie. DECENT.

I just listened to an interview by Joe Manganiello where he discusses his love for comics back in 2013, wanting to be a superhero in films, so I bet his heart is definitely in it for this. What an opportunity.

I'm all for Joey M as Deathstroke. I've been saying for years he'd make a great DS. Very happy this is happening.

Reel

And with his costume ripped straight out of the Arkham games, as well as Batman's move in BvS, I think we're in for a treat there !

And with his costume ripped straight out of the Arkham games, as well as Batman's move in BvS, I think we're in for a treat there !
I hope the same stunt team/co-ordinator and Zack still has some input into those fight scenes. Although I'm hoping The Accountant shows us a little action scene Ben Affleck style, as he hasnt directed many fight scenes I dont think? Can anyone point any out?

I do hope they continue that Batman fight style from BvS...that scene is just insanely good.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back