Justice League

It's not fair for me to compare some imagery?

BTAS was indeed fantastic. It had a very noir vibe about it. This image taken by Clay Enos evokes a very, very similar vibe, which wouldn't be possible without the set being that way inclined - the mist/smog, the rotating chimney cowls, the water on the roof, and the first look at Commissioner Gordon is a great tease (we are still over a year away from the film!)

Can't think of a film that has evoked a similar imagery to BTAS - Nolanverse did it in a basic and real world scenario and I thought that was awesome. This is even closer.

Comparing it doesn't damage BTAS in any way...;)

Haha yes Fawbish I know it doesnt lol. :angel Im not saying that at all, you can compare all day, I just didnt get that feeling from that image, thats all. Would you have felt the same way if it wasnt in black and white? Granted, I thought it was cool, but it didnt evoke the gravitas that BTAS has on me. Granted Im bias and I grew up with that, and some friends and I picked some of our favorite episodes and watched them with some beers and man. That show was really brilliant. Way ahead of its time. I cant think of an animated series that is on par with that show. The only bummer was when they switched animation companies between the korean one, and the japanese one. It was SO obvious.

But back to this picture, I think Im just too sketchy about the whole Justice League thing, so its going to take more of a black and white pic of the bat signal to get me amped for it. *shrug*

I always thought it had more of a "Year One" vibe.

4932780-wallpaper-batman-year-one-david-mazzucchelli-2.jpg

But back to this picture, I think Im just too sketchy about the whole Justice League thing, so its going to take more of a black and white pic of the bat signal to get me amped for it. *shrug*

especically since we have seen that image done better before.

I can't help but wonder if they are trying to market this with a nostalgic vibe?

If youre interested, check out the commentaries on seasons 1-3 on the dvds of BTAS. Bruce Timm and Paul Dini go into a lot of stuff.

Have you checked out Paul Dini's latest graphic novel?

Dark Night: A True Batman Story - really quite something.

Will need to check out those commentaries.

Have you checked out Paul Dini's latest graphic novel?

Dark Night: A True Batman Story - really quite something.

Will need to check out those commentaries.

Actually no. Throwing my nerdiness out there, since the latest WoW expansion came out, I havent really been doing anything else lol. Ill have to see if my buddies got it. Thanks for the heads up.

Hey Fawbish, have you seen the Batman Beyond Movie: Return of the Joker?

Indeed, a few times but last time was a while back now. Bloody good, especially after really enjoying Beyond.

Weirdly, Beyond seems to be one of those suits that doesn't get the love it deserves, I think I've seen like one decent suit on here.

And to bring us full circle, if Bruce in DCEU is developing a load of tech, seeing a full on Beyond prototype would be siiiiccccccck.

1:07 in that sizzle reel, we see Henry Cavill practising a punch without a top on, and black bottoms, in front of Ezra who is doing the Zoidberg crab walk suited up as the Flash. haha! Could be practising before a suit up, but unlikely that he wouldnt be suited up already...

1:07 in that sizzle reel, we see Henry Cavill practising a punch without a top on, and black bottoms, in front of Ezra who is doing the Zoidberg crab walk suited up as the Flash. haha! Could be practising before a suit up, but unlikely that he wouldnt be suited up already...
Wait, isn't his character supposed to be dead?

What madness is this?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back