Justice League

image.jpeg

Breaking news guys! Nightowl is in this film!!!

I have seriously not seen a single good decision regarding this movie. I had a lot of hope for this... But it is quickly dwindling.

The suit might look good. the cowl is crap, loved the first cowl, they raised the ears but also lifted the entire top of tje dome, there's gotta be 2 inches between his head and the cowl

i never really got the whole need to change suits. yes there is the marketing aspect so they can release new toys etc. But i just find it at times to be annoying. First of the MoS suit was a great suit but then DoJ came and they beefed up the superman suit quite a bit. and now it seems even more fake. he batman suit was perfect in DoJ. Not digging the new one that much tho. Like said its like a reminder to the nightowl...I mean its not that i hate it but i wish they would have stayed with the previous design.

I dont think that is fair to say Fawbish, BTAS is one of the best interpretations of Batman there is. This is kind of cool, but it doesnt really convey that much emotion, at least not for me at least. You can barely even see commissioner gordon.

especially considering that B:TAS got 98% of things RIGHT (Minus the horrid redesign period with weird looking stylized characters).

So far the movie verse, I don't trust them to throw a rock at a window right...

if that bat suit in the three picture piece on the left is from arkham games, that I like. the one on the right?

it's like someone cut off his ears, squished his head , and gave him some swimmer goggles.

I also don't like the fact that it has NO color too it.
you can't even see the bat symbol.

It's kind of like they are saying 'OK, we know you don't like dark and gritty with no hope, emotion, color or light at the end of the tunnel.... here is that personified in the batsuit.'

i never really got the whole need to change suits. yes there is the marketing aspect so they can release new toys etc.

Seriously!!! I can see him modding his suit for a specific foe, but it seems to define the movie version of Batman. How often does he use a specialized suit in the comics?

Last edited:
Seriously!!! I can see him modding his suit for a specific foe, but it seems to define the movie version of Batman. How often does he use a specialized suit in the comics?

There are quite a range of suits in the comics. He doesn't change it every issue of every run he's in, but there are always variations.

In the New 52, so maybe 5 years worth of comics, I think he had at least 10/12 versions of a "Batsuit" including specific stealth/big armours etc.

In the films it makes complete sense. We've had one film with this new Batman in, and seen his normal suit, and a fully armoured suit (made for the sole reason of surviving a fight with Superman long enough)

He obviously hasn't needed to upgrade his suit much over the last twenty years (his normal suit) as he has been dealing with terrestrial threats - I'm sure there are variations over the years as he perfected it though.

He is now about to face multiple other wordly threats that we can surmise are stronger and harder hitting than average humans. Consequently, it looks like one variation of the Batsuit in JL will have armoured plates at his vulnerable areas, and it seems he has those goggles (that are rumoured to be linked to controlling a vehicle (Flying Fox or the Knightcrawler) so it isn't like he has just whapped them on for a fashion show. :thumbsup

I dont think that is fair to say Fawbish, BTAS is one of the best interpretations of Batman there is. This is kind of cool, but it doesnt really convey that much emotion, at least not for me at least. You can barely even see commissioner gordon.

It's not fair for me to compare some imagery?

BTAS was indeed fantastic. It had a very noir vibe about it. This image taken by Clay Enos evokes a very, very similar vibe, which wouldn't be possible without the set being that way inclined - the mist/smog, the rotating chimney cowls, the water on the roof, and the first look at Commissioner Gordon is a great tease (we are still over a year away from the film!)

Can't think of a film that has evoked a similar imagery to BTAS - Nolanverse did it in a basic and real world scenario and I thought that was awesome. This is even closer.

Comparing it doesn't damage BTAS in any way...;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back