Superman and Lois CW

rocketeer25

Sr Member
Did anyone catch Superman and Lois on CW tonight? I had low expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised. I'm hoping that the brooding teen thing doesn't become to much of a weight to the show, but I like the overall themes they introduced. I'm looking forward to how the play out the reveal in the final few minutes.

I normally would've been tempted to give it a shot (although, one by one, all of the DC CW shows have lost me), but I am not in the least bit interested in watching Lois and Clark raise a child.

I'm not a fan of the CW DC series nor am I a fan of Tyler Hoechlin as Superman, but I was curious about the show so I gave it a shot without much expectation. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be; it had a more serious tone compared to the Arrowverse shows, although the angsty teenager portion of the show turned me off. But I gotta admit when Hoechlin first showed up at the beginning in his overpadded suit, it immediately reminded me of that muscular kid in Kung Fu Hustle.
rps20210225_015409.jpg

Sorry. Just cause you have dark hair and a chiseled jaw line doesn't mean you look like
Superman. This comes of as just cosplay or fanfic. I don't see Superman. I see wannabe. Wife and I
are gonna pass.

You could see the padded suit and cg versions of the suit throughout. Not sure why they superimposed that black shield on the suit in the beginning either. Every time he's popped up in the other arrow shows he hasn't had the lame muscle suit underneath, or at least no such a blatantly obvious one.

I don't know the comics, but is there a future Luthor out there who's african? The guy at the end sure appeared that way.

I watched and that it was great! Since Arrow ended, I pretty much just look forward to The Flash. But I'll keep tuning in for this one for now.

I was pleasantly surprised. It's got lots of potential.

Didn't Crisis eliminate the multiverse? So, why didn't Kara attend the funeral?

Actress was pregnant at the time, Covid 19, and they are deliberately distancing themselves from the rest of the CW shows.

Didn't Crisis eliminate the multiverse? So, why didn't Kara attend the funeral?
It didn't eliminate the multiverse, it eliminate the previous version of it. I think stargirl (or maybe it was black lightning) is in a different universe. There was a different universe reference at the end of the crossover. All the universes Oliver was aware of (i.e. all the different shows) were pulled into one.

Well 2 episodes in and I'm really liking this show. A somewhat different take but that's not a bad thing. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the teenage kids but it works. I love the family focus of the show.

I watched a few episodes. Don't really care about any of the characters in this one. Doesn't feel like a passable version of Superman, something is really off/missing. I appreciate taking a road less travelled as far as Superman goes, but I'm not going to continue.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back