July 8 2016 - Doctor Strange
May 5 2017 - Thor: Ragnarok
July 28 2017 - Guardians of The Galaxy 2
November 3 2017 - Black Widow
July 6 - 2018 - The Avengers 3
November 2 - 2018 - Ant-Man 2
May 3 - 2019 - Doctor Strange 2

Re: Future Marvel movie release dates

im wondering if we might see hulk in that list of dates. would prefer it to be after avengers 3 and that they use the planet hulk storyline.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/33067/marvel-s-feige-on-mandarin-red-skull-returns

Kevin Feige regarding Red Skull:

"Well, the way we showed his 'demise' in The First Avenger was to showcase to people that he could perhaps pop up again sometime... I honestly don't know when or where that would be."

Kevin Feige regarding The Madarin:

"There have been [talks]. That's one of the reasons we wanted to do the fun short that Drew Pearce wrote and directed. That was to clarify, 'Hey, just because we did this thing doesn't mean this other thing doesn't exist.' And as we were making Iron Man 3 -- and I think Drew's spoken about this -- that was always our intention, was that Aldrich Killian was perverting the notion of these things he's heard."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/33491/marvel-s-feige-on-captain-marvel-black-panther

Regarding Black Panther and Captain Marvel:

"They're both characters that we like, that development work has been done, it's continuing to be done on, and certainly it's the question I get asked more than anything else, more than Iron Man 4, more than Avengers 3. That's sort of the first time that's really happened to us, so I think that makes a difference. I think that's something we have to pay attention to.

I've always said we have our plan, and it's served us very well, and there hasn't been anything that has managed to deviate or change from that based on an opinion, because opinions online change and they alter, and they are based on limited information they have to what's going on behind the scenes, but in this particular case I think it is a groundswell, and I think it means something substantial.”

The studio has eight films between now and 2019 that do not yet have titles, at least one of these two heroes could easily take one of those.

I read a couple days ago that the Rock was trying to decide if he wanted to play Shazam or his arch-nemesis Black (I want to say) Atom(?) ... and he was leaning towards the bad guy...

I read a couple days ago that the Rock was trying to decide if he wanted to play Shazam or his arch-nemesis Black (I want to say) Atom(?) ... and he was leaning towards the bad guy...
That Captain Marvel (Shazam) is DC.

Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Post-release)

This was just posted at Yahoo!: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Robert-Downey-Jr-Confirms-Future-Iron-Man-4-67094.html

And to me, that's a good thing, and as it should be.

For Iron Man 3, the ending with the Clean Slate protocol marked the ending of Tony's overall character arch. To me, looking at all three Iron Man films, Tony became Iron Man as a means of atoning for being a war monger, but to deal with his insecurities about his life, that he never really accomplished anything truly worthy, unlike his father. In Part 2, it deal with Tony trying to come to terms about being Iron Man in addition to dealing with his disconnection he had with his father in the later years. When it came to Part 3, I had the feeling that when it comes to the Iron Man suits, they were a crutch to Tony as a means of dealing with his psychological problems (I cite the scene where he panics when he's told the Mark 42 isn't charging, forcing him to calm down when the kid suggests he builds something. This results in him creating a series of homemade weapons to continue in his task until the suit was ready. Tony using those weapons was the first step in him no longer needing the suit. And, of course, the Clean Slate protocol scene seemed like Tony purging himself of all the suits because he no longer needs them as a crutch. The removal of the Arc Reactor and the shrapnel that it was keeping from going to his heart also backs this up even more). To me, Iron Man 3 was the closing of the Tony Stark/Iron Man phase. Now, Tony can move on to appearing as being himself without the suit.

And Downy's comment about there not being any plans for a fourth solo film brings my mind at ease, because it suggests that Tony is finally free of using the suit to do good.

Last edited:
Dan, I moved your post to this thread as it's more suited to discuss future Marvel movies in general.

And I agree, we don't need Iron Man 4 (at least not for another few years), Marvel should move on to creating other new solo character movies. We will see plenty of Iron Man action in Avengers: Age of Ultron and likely in Avengers 3.

Many were skeptical about Guardians of the Galaxy and now it's a huge franchise for Marvel. During the initial days many weren't sure Iron Man was going to be such a huge success either. They need to continue that streak by giving fans and especially general audience what they didn't ask for, but now people can't get enough of it.

Dan, I moved your post to this thread as it's more suited to discuss future Marvel movies in general.

And I agree, we don't need Iron Man 4 (at least not for another few years), Marvel should move on to creating other new solo character movies. We will see plenty of Iron Man action in Avengers: Age of Ultron and likely in Avengers 3.

Many were skeptical about Guardians of the Galaxy and now it's a huge franchise for Marvel. During the initial days many weren't sure Iron Man was going to be such a huge success either. They need to continue that streak by giving fans and especially general audience what they didn't ask for, but now people can't get enough of it.

Thanks for moving it. :D

And I agree, there's plenty of other characters who can be solo films. I mean, hell, Rhode persona could be a solo film on his own, and have Tony as a guest starring character (I mean, War Machine had his own line of comics for a while). There's a lot of characters that haven't even seen the screen yet, or even seen the screen in a long time. Give them a bit of a chance. Hell, give Howard the Duck another chance.

Yes, I know he was featured in the post-credits scene for GOTG.

I wonder if they could do a twilight zone* style film, that is four half hour stories rather than one 2 hour story, each giving a character chance to shine without having to carry a whole film.

*preferably with less real life helicopter decapitations.

I wonder if they could do a twilight zone* style film, that is four half hour stories rather than one 2 hour story, each giving a character chance to shine without having to carry a whole film.

*preferably with less real life helicopter decapitations.

That would be interesting... with interweaving/interconnecting storylines?

I'd still rather get a full-length CG movie that looks at least as good as the DC Universe Online trailers... preferably with that storyline. Skip all the origins and get right to the meat of it.

So what I'm hearing is it'll be like so many other soulless, re-casted Disney sequel... except it won't be direct-to-DVD. ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back