Marvel Movie Rights and Future Marvel Movies

I'm exaggerating a bit, but Cap fans certainly didn't have to hang their heads in shame after Civil War like Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic fans did. The writers were also clearly biased towards Anti-Reg being right, and Tony was being a complete tool during most of the crossover. What-If showed if he'd not threatened Cap before all hell broke loose things would have turned out much better.

Maybe it's just I gave up on Marvel comics soon after because of the "One More Day" [expletive deleted] but I don't recall Civil War being popular. I remember Cap's surrender being mocked, and placing bets on how long he'd stay "dead."

I'm exaggerating a bit, but Cap fans certainly didn't have to hang their heads in shame after Civil War like Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic fans did. The writers were also clearly biased towards Anti-Reg being right, and Tony was being a complete tool during most of the crossover. What-If showed if he'd not threatened Cap before all hell broke loose things would have turned out much better.

Maybe it's just I gave up on Marvel comics soon after because of the "One More Day" [expletive deleted] but I don't recall Civil War being popular. I remember Cap's surrender being mocked, and placing bets on how long he'd stay "dead."

I really liked it at least, maybe it was just me :( Personally as much as I love Cap I think they should have left him dead(at least for longer than they did) and the same for Human Torch, We can't really appreciate the seriousness of these parts if they just come back.

Minus the One more Day and Cap Resurrected and Civil War was a great story though.

I think M-day would make a pretty damn interesting plot for a movie or two but they would have to carry it on afterwards or it would fall flat.

Last edited:
It's Marvel, the only person that actually stays dead is Ben Parker. I'm surprised they kept Cap dead as long as they did, I was betting on a year tops.

I wanted to like Civil War, it sounded awesome on paper, but the Stamford incident was trivial compared to all the other crap that happens in Marvel so it didn't work for me as a catalyst for the Registration Act. All the time the X-Men have opposed Mutant Registration, only to ignore this one didn't sit right with me.

I wouldn't want to see M-Day as a movie. It was done to reduce the number of mutants in the comics, something that doesn't need to be done in the movies. After the cure plot from X-Men 3 I think it'd be redundant too.

It's Marvel, the only person that actually stays dead is Ben Parker. I'm surprised they kept Cap dead as long as they did, I was betting on a year tops.

I wanted to like Civil War, it sounded awesome on paper, but the Stamford incident was trivial compared to all the other crap that happens in Marvel so it didn't work for me as a catalyst for the Registration Act. All the time the X-Men have opposed Mutant Registration, only to ignore this one didn't sit right with me.

I wouldn't want to see M-Day as a movie. It was done to reduce the number of mutants in the comics, something that doesn't need to be done in the movies. After the cure plot from X-Men 3 I think it'd be redundant too.

Personally i got why they didn't want to get involved after all those years of being persecuted as mutants and having their identities forcefully revealed, why would they want to defend other heroes rights to privacy when they don't even have that.

Ah yeah i can see how that would come across repetitive I just really like what it leads into later on.

Well rumour has it that Iron Man 3 is gonna involve the Mandarin so that should be an interesting movie and with Avengers 2 in the works I'd be pretty surprised if they tried to pull a reboot.

oh wow i didn't even hear about that, yeah that worries me a little Favreau did such a good job with the first 2 it's strange that he isn't directing the 3rd.

oh wow i didn't even hear about that, yeah that worries me a little Favreau did such a good job with the first 2 it's strange that he isn't directing the 3rd.

Something about directing "Magic Kingdom" instead and/or creative differences with Marvel over the story for IM3, I forget.

Playing a bit part in the film and having a meaningless ego credit does not fill me with confidence.

This is mostly joking fear, but there's a bit of genuine concern.

From what I read when the **** ********* pics leaked, Jon Favreau said that he "Didn't really feel like it was going to be Iron Man 3. It was more like an Avengers 1.2."

Or more of a setting up for Avengers 2 than it was a Iron Man 3 standalone. But was also published that there were scheduling conflicts btwn Marvel & Jon.

Ill try to find the link in the mean time.

EDIT: Apparently I cannot read, as DuneMuadDib posted the same thing yesterday.

When one facepalm isn't enough, just read a post written by me......

Last edited:
To be fair, Iron Man 1 and 2 were really just Avengers 0.1 and 0.3.

100% agreed, but I guess Jon Favreau didn't see the big picture at the time. Hopefully he has some good input, because he is a good director. But Shane Black has a good resume also, at least in the screenwriting dpt. I've never seen "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang", but everything else prior to that is quality. Lethal Weapons, Last Boy Scout, Long Kiss Goodnight (what is up w/all the "L" movies). Even Last Action Hero.

I'd love to see a Punisher movie DONE RIGHT. I won't mention the first one, but the last two had their good parts. They also had their extremely awful parts.

Speaking of crossovers, Punisher had a cameo in Spider-Man 2.

Trivia guy has shared some trivia.

From what I read when the Iron Patriot pics leaked, Jon Favreau said that he "Didn't really feel like it was going to be Iron Man 3. It was more like an Avengers 1.2."

Or more of a setting up for Avengers 2 than it was a Iron Man 3 standalone. But was also published that there were scheduling conflicts btwn Marvel & Jon.

Ill try to find the link in the mean time.

EDIT: Apparently I cannot read, as DuneMuadDib posted the same thing yesterday.

When one facepalm isn't enough, just read a post written by me......

So Norman Osborn is gonna be in the new Iron man and if not who the heck is using the **** ******* *****?

Last edited:
So Norman Osborn is gonna be in the new Iron man and if not who the heck is using the ************* ******?

Oh crap, I realized I just possibly included a spoiler. I am sorry about that. I re-edited my post to remove that.

I know I read somewhere who was what, but I think that was just linking a few IMDB articles together to find out.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back