Suicide Squad

Orrrr don't make it so "No, really, this is the REAL world. And that's why we're setting free a guy who shoots fire from his hands."

I think it's also worth noting just how much DC's marketing department has veered on this one. Initial promo stuff was all set at night, featuring shots of dirty-looking actors with a lot of black makeup and such, followed by the creepy-and-dangerous "I started a joke" trailer.

But NOW we're showing shots of them in broad daylight set against bright blue skies, changing their logo to neon smiley-death faces, and setting everything to the delightfully bombastic, highly irreverent Bohemian Rhapsody. It's like they fired one marketing department and brought in another, and YET AGAIN it tells me that DC has no idea what the hell it's doing.

If this movie is entertaining, it will be so in spite of the DC/WB C-suite's approach to getting it made.

Well said.

It's like they can't make up their minds how they want the tone of this movie to be. Obviously, the movie will set its own tone and the trailer is just a gimmick aimed at appealing to as many different potential audiences as possible even if the movie itself doesn't hit the mark for all of them. So, in that regard, I guess their marketing scheme is pretty smart. Fanboys like us, though, feel deceived and confused by the drastic changes between trailers. For the layman who just blindly go to a movie because they see explosions and familiar faces in the credits, they're doing exactly what they need to do. The comic nerds are not the target audience and an overall minority.

That was pretty good! Can we discuss Joker holding Harley in that chemical bath or whatever that was? I may be totally wrong, or it could just be wishful thinking, but what if there is an evolution to the Joker none of us know about. What if we have been seeing BEFORE the chemicals effect him and we are just assuming the tattooed, grill mouthed Leto is the final product? Thoughts?

The bath scene is the birth of Harley Quinn, apparently based on New 52 comics origin which I wasn't familiar with until recently.

That was pretty good! Can we discuss Joker holding Harley in that chemical bath or whatever that was? I may be totally wrong, or it could just be wishful thinking, but what if there is an evolution to the Joker none of us know about. What if we have been seeing BEFORE the chemicals effect him and we are just assuming the tattooed, grill mouthed Leto is the final product? Thoughts?

Wishful thinking.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/exact-moment-suicide-squad-fails-182600275.html

Someone wrote up about the Harley clip. I have to agree with how they are messing it up. the new 52 style sucks compared to how really she came to be herself. Always been a fan of her story from the batman cartoon. Plus the tattooed face and all that jazz. But hey, DC can't seem to any other comic movie right. Well the Nolan ones were good, just plot hole filled. Still sticking to joker being Todd. Real joker will be shown at the last scene / closing credits.

I agree this version of Harley is going to alienate alot of fans even more than the movie has already. I do like the idea of this crappy looking joker being Jason Todd and having the original appear at the end. Be better if the movie ended with real joker beating the fake half to death with a crowbar as a tribute.

Any thoughts on who the main villain is? You can sorta see him/her and their fighting ability from the screen grabs below.

sst059.jpg

sst069.jpg

The thing I love about this trailer is that it still doesn't give away anything about the plot. Who's the villain? Who cares? It's secondary

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Any thoughts on who the main villain is? You can sorta see him/her and their fighting ability from the screen grabs below.

http://cdn3-www.superherohype.com/a.../suicide-squad-trailer-screenshots/sst059.jpg
http://cdn3-www.superherohype.com/a.../suicide-squad-trailer-screenshots/sst069.jpg
Could be Cyborg? The tech-looking abilities match, and it kinda looks like a bald dark-skinned person... Could be his intro story where he goes insane after gaining his powers and hasn't gotten them under control yet?

I dunno many of the non-Batman DC villains to be honest, but I feel like they may go for a dangerous hero rather than a villain for the antagonist here.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back