X-Men: Days of Future Past

Sentinel

1002868_407295716041097_1242781504_n.jpg

I was thinking spidey was fox for some reason, not sony.

and actually if enough money gets involved all of them could be in the same movie. It would be a hell of a feat to do, but not impossible.

Who would've thought that when blade came out 15 or so years ago that we would have the comic movies we have now.

Definitely, people thought the same thing about AvP since the two properties were owned by two different studios.

Trask Industries "commercial":

Kind of meh on the sentinels' look if that's what they are. Guess you could call them a first generation line or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
First Images of Sentinels in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Raise Some Interesting Questions | Movie News | Movies.com

I wonder if they will actually go to the lengths of resolving these possible continuity issues. For some matters they will probably consider that not many would actually be scrutinizing these details expect hardcore fans. Of course there is no way they can tie up all loose ends, but I do hope they plan to address at least some of them in the movie.

Hi-res pics. Click to enlarge.

I wonder if they will actually go to the lengths of resolving these possible continuity issues. For some matters they will probably consider that not many would actually be scrutinizing these details expect hardcore fans. Of course there is no way they can tie up all loose ends, but I do hope they plan to address at least some of them in the movie.

They may try but it's probably not going to make much sense. Also I can't see how a First Class Bishop can time travel to the original X-Men movie universe, that's more like jumping between parallel universes AND time traveling back. For simplicity sake, it's probably best they just ignore the first 3 X-Men movies entirely and simply use the old cast to portray the older versions within the First Class continuity. Least that's how I'd do it.

There was a virtual Sentinel in X3 though, so it's not like Sentinels were completely non-existent in the original movie universe. Might be a way to spin something off that for the DOFP future.

At this point, they can completely ignore X-Men 1-3 for all I care. If they can make a movie half as good as I thought X-Men: First Class was, I'll be a happy camper.

It's unfortunate that there is established movie continuity from those three films that could weigh this movie down. With Singer back at the helm - well, I'm afraid to get my hopes up for this one - but, I can't help it... I want this to be as good as it's looked so far.

Last edited:
They may try but it's probably not going to make much sense. Also I can't see how a First Class Bishop can time travel to the original X-Men movie universe, that's more like jumping between parallel universes AND time traveling back.
Exactly, it's going to get more complicated if they try to bring in parallel universes. I hope they are actually hiding the real plot details and that this FC Bishop traveling info was given out to throw fans off track.

For simplicity sake, it's probably best they just ignore the first 3 X-Men movies entirely and simply use the old cast to portray the older versions within the First Class continuity. Least that's how I'd do it.
Yep that would totally work better, but seeing how most of the original cast are returning I don't see them not addressing their character dynamics and history established in the first three films.

There was a virtual Sentinel in X3 though, so it's not like Sentinels were completely non-existent in the original movie universe. Might be a way to spin something off that for the DOFP future.
Right, but it's not about the Sentinels not being in the X-Men movie universe. The issue is the X-Men were trying to come out from hiding somewhere during the year post-2000 in the first movie and onwards, while the President Reagan picture establishes that Sentinels were there in the early 80s, which means X-Men were already common back then, hence the Sentinels. This is probably due to the events of X-Men: FC that led to it.

Yep it wouldnt bother me at all if they just had the other x-men movies as an alternate timeline. I just dont want to see a movie that is trying to fix the holes in the previous trilogy the entire flick.

I watched the full panel of this from Comic con (sorry don't have link, at work). While it's cool to be able to see that many cast members at once, it really is a waste. With only an hour, most of them were lucky to get one sentence in. I can't seem to remember if Patrick Stewart even spoke at all, again, if he did it was only a sentence or two.

Ellen Page really looked like she didn't want to be there. Maybe due to the fact this story was originally all about Kitty--now given all to Logan? The Quicksilver guy either has no clue who his character is, or he was stoned...kinda looked like both. Hally Berry seems to think that unless Storm has a love interest, her character is pointless. As usual almost all questions from the audience were for Hugh Jackman..or either the questions were just stupid. Why go to all the trouble just to get up there and ask "can we have Deadpool?" They're just going to say "maybe" and move on....pointless.

Here's a simple solution to fix the continuity. How about instead of complaining like little school girls that you just not watch the movies?

Wouldn't work. The continuity would still suck, regardless of whether we watch it or not. Unless your coming at it from a quantum angle? If we don't watch it, then the continuity will exist in both states of 'sucking' and 'not sucking' until such time as we watch it and force a state. You know, you may actually be on to something afterall. Not sure what the crying school girl reference has to do with it though?

I find it highly unlikely and will even go as far as to say that there is no way the continuity from the first 3 movies will be ignored.

(From The Wolverine)
The Wolverine takes place after X3, making very direct references to the movie. At the end of The Wolverine, the next movie is set up by showing a commercial for Trask Industries in the airport where Wolverine is confronted by Magneto (McKellen) and Professor X (Stewart). Logan is very surprised to see Xavier alive, and the two appear to be there to enlist his help. Of course, who's to know if this Professor X and Magneto are from the same timeline as Wolverine... but Wolverine is from the timeline that falls in with the continuity of the first 3 movies.

This may very well knock the continuity of all the previous X movies out and establish a whole new continuity... I'm sure certain things will remain the same, but in the end we won't be able say anything about lack of continuity between the different universes... sort of like DC's Crisis solution, but with the X-Men movie universe.

I'm perfectly happy to turn my brain off for continuity's sake. As we've shown before with threads on the OT and TWoK, no film is immune to nitpicking.

Why? Couldnt he grow out his hair. He already had the nails and fangs. In the 15-20 years between movies Victor could have just become more animalistic.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back