X-Men: Days of Future Past

lol Just watch the movie before making guesses. I swear, it's not a reboot, nor are the events of FC disregarded.

To be honest, when I first saw that Wolverine was going back in time my first thought was, "oh good, they are going to fix the screw ups in First Class." But then again I've heard the comics were pretty inconsistent too.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch.

Arrogance thy name begins with a J.
To actually heap this level of open criticism upon a film WITHOUT even going to see it so beyond a reasonable measure of contemptibility I have finally had to invent a word ,just to cover this particular aspect of your superpower, which, if you aren’t aware of it, is to get on the nerves of any open minded individual by whining like an ever spoilt child whose always desperate to be noticed.

I just thought of an interesting fact tonight that got me thinking about my post. There are millions, if not billions of people on this world who have the ability to see movies, but choose not to. If half of the Earth's human population saw only one movie at $4 a ticket, it would gross about five times what Avatar grossed world wide at today's prices plus the inflated 3D nonsense. Factor that in with how many people see movies today, well, there are a ton of people in this world who do not see movies! Just take a look at the top 10 Box Office charts and see if you know anyone who has seen every single film on that chat. Of the 10 movies that are listed right now, I've only seen three of them. Does that mean that not seeing Rio 2, Mom's Night Out, Heaven is for Real, Neighbors or any of the other top 10 grossers automatically make me a contemptuous bigot because I'm judging a film by not wanting to go see it? I don't think so. I've got a whole variety of reasons why I didn't go see those films and not all of them are the same. It can stem from either having no interest in the movie's genre, not liking the kind of story it's telling, starring actors who I do not like, having elements that I strongly disagree with, or simply having something better to do with my time.

I'm not here to say that you're wrong about this movie or that you should boycott it. On the contrary, I've said in my post that anyone who doesn't care about those issues or doesn't even see any issues to begin with should have every right to enjoy it the way they want to. You know how some people will say "If you don't like, don't see it!", well, that's what I'm doing. I'll just be one of those movie goers who will not be seeing the new X-Men movie just like all the other billions of people who will not be seeing it. The difference here is that I wanted to say why.

Or better still stick to wishing yourself a Happy Birthday in the other none movie threads.

Believe it or not, I wrote a special message for you on that thread. It's the last paragraph on the first post. It's one of the main reasons I made that post to begin with.

I find the only way I can get EXACTLY what I want out of a movie is to make it myself, and since that's never going to happen, I enjoy what I can get..... If it's something I don't think I'll like, I never watch it, then I have nothing to complain about.

Just got back. Movie was great. Quicksilver was much better than I anticipated. Probably on par with First Class in terms of quality.

Jeyl.

The RPF is specifically a forum for people who LIKE and RESPECT all kinds of sci fi and fantasy films , so much so they actually use their own skill sets and talents to replicate many of the props used in them. Note the emphasis on the words “like and respect”.
In all your thousands of posts that unfortunately I’ve had to read in so many of the film threads ,I note ,with a growing irritation, that very few are either fair, constructive or, when openly challenged because they appear to be based solely on self opinion and nothing else, are ever answered directly.
Your last post illustrates this perfectly.
Its nothing more than a bait designed to encourage an angry response, whilst trying to hide behind some of the weakest excuses under the sun. You didn’t answer a single point I’ve raised but go with a sweeping generalisation about "other" films. Other films are not what the RPF is about. Your opinions ,such as they are ,might be welcomed ,more or less, at "other" less specific film forums.
There are actually billions of people out in the world who don’t give a stuff about any films ,past or present, but at least they don’t deliberately come to a forum thats popular with thousands of others who actually like something about the movies that they’ve seen. So much so that infact that they put in huge amounts of time, energy and resources into recreating something out of that fandom , that actually might gain some respect from other like minded individuals.
Strangely, although I have tried looking, I see hardly any evidence of anything you have done here that really indicates that. The bulk of everything you post is all directed at finding fault and tearing apart just about every film release there has been recently, even when you state, quite plainly, you’ve no intention of EVER GOING TO SEE IT.
And am I to believe you don’t understand how this could be found ever so slightly irritating with the people that do?
I also note that your Birthday thread says you are actually just thirty. I find it really difficult to equate that age and the passion with which you find fault with most of the recently updated film releases by such direct comparison with their decades older counterparts. Particularly with the likes of the Star Trek franchise. Its more usual to find that in someone who saw them when they were first released and therefore have matured with them, and thus probably have perhaps a stronger reason and motivation to defend them. I know there is such a thing as a DVD player and disks but still?
X- men DOFP does have its faults. Three specific ones that bothered me concerned the Sentinels construction, how the future Sentinels gained their powers and who from, and how steel can be poured into a plasticised mechanism and it not suffer any damage at all. Those points you could have raised and I’d have had to support your statements as valid criticisms. But those issues alone were not sufficiently strong enough to detract from the overall emotional impact the film had on me. It really hit hard, particularly the fates that some of the X men face, and the way the script actually manages to redeem just about every other film that’s gone before in the franchise is hugely clever and at the very end the result was , well I've got to say ,it was overwhelmingly positive. I hugely enjoyed the film and then I read what you've posted here. And I think, this is supposed to be somebody who likes sci fi/comic/superhero themed films?

Yet you won’t even do me or anybody else on this forum whose actually paid to see DOFP the curtsey of going to it before loudly voicing your inevitable opinions on it. Yes, you have the right and freedom here to say why you don't want to. But to continually critisize films the way that you do in this kind of forum makes me question why you continually believe we want to listen to anything you have to say.

Don’t bother replying to this because I don't see a point in repounding to anything more you have to say.Its like chasing the wind. It simply doesn’t carry any weight or have any relevance anymore.
Go join the billions of other people who never want or need to see a certain movie, but please note, at least they never will come to a forum that’s designed for others that like such films and actively tell them why they shouldn't and they don’t constantly.

Sorry moderators if this causes any undue ructions but if somebody insists on being so provocatively negative all the time, sooner or later another person is going to voice their objections back

Epic and astonishin' movie bub! Definitely fantastic and shouldn't be underestimated! SNIKT
XMENDaysofFuturePast.jpg
X-MEN Days of Future Past!

Probably the only thing I hated about the film was the fact that Mystique was made so important. And Quiksilver's outfit.:lol

And they basically under-used him because he had the single greatest action sequence since Nightcrawler. I also liked how they brought back some of the X-men's original crew.
Wolverine is integral to the story...ehhh...not totally true. He helps them get together, but I would say this is more Magneto, Xavier, Mystique.

I'm going to see this, I just haven't decided if I will see it in the theater or as a rental. In an earlier post I made an off hand comment about "reboot". I said that mostly because I was still annoyed over some of the stuff they did in First Class like paralyzing Charles even though in X3 the older Charles and Erik were shown walking to the house to talk to young Jean. I have since found out the comics would do this too and then there is the whole Marvel "multiple universe" thing going on so I'm cool with that. I even enjoyed First Class (especially the coin thing at the end).

So I am at least a little guilty of this, but I am really tired of people going into threads just to say how much some movie or show sucks. I don't know how many times I came close to screaming at my screen "GET OUT!" while reading the Agents of Shield thread.

The comics are more guilty of continuity errors thatn these movies. These movies do it much less.

Favorite quote from the movie when Wolvie's future mind starts reverting back to his past self:

Wolvie: "WHERE AM I?"
Young Professor: "You had some really strong acid"

LOL,,,Or it went something like that.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back