X-Men: Apocalypse

Wolverine seems to be THE mutant even in the comics,guy is everywhere even if he acts like he doesn't want to be.

Myself? I prefer Deadpool and his antics.

It's one thing to say his legal issues would make it difficult to keep the film on track, that makes sense. But to kick him off the project just because he's been accused of something even if it turns out it's a bunch of malarky is bs. Way to stick up for your talent, Fox.

I hope it's not true. I like Singer. X1 and X2 were great movies and I am one of the few who actually liked Superman Returns. And though I've never seen them myself, I hear Apt Pupil and The Usual Suspects were excellent films.

Report: Fox Wants Bryan Singer Off X-MEN: APOCALYPSE | Badass Digest
Nothing confirmed yet, but I guess this was in consideration even before the movie got released. I wouldn't mind if Singer is replaced, but based on the quality and success of DOFP he deserves to be the director of this sequel as well.

No no no, they need to let him finish his franchise...This switching back and forth with directors is what led us to the horrors that were Origins and X3. If they want continuity, they'll do it.

Report: Fox Wants Bryan Singer Off X-MEN: APOCALYPSE | Badass Digest
Nothing confirmed yet, but I guess this was in consideration even before the movie got released. I wouldn't mind if Singer is replaced, but based on the quality and success of DOFP he deserves to be the director of this sequel as well.
"The gossip site - with a spotty track record, it's fair to note - is reporting that the studio is trying to push Singer off the project because of his recent legal troubles, ie being sued over alleged sex abuse." This basically makes the article unreliable, but I realize you posted nothing is confirmed yet. Fox hasn't stopped backing Singer. He step away from promoting DOFP due to his legal troubles, but that is all I have heard. Also, Singer's legal trouble is a civil case, meaning that the worse thing that will happen to him is he will have to write a check. From what I have heard he isn't facing criminal charges.
I hope he returns for Apocalypse just because DOFP and X-2 are some of my favorite superhero movies and as comonbub says he needs to finish the franchise he started directing.

Its ridiculous that First Class gets remembered by the industry as a mediocre success.

First Class was following two crappy X-men/Wolv movies in a row. It didn't make a lot of money but audiences liked it. Then DOFP followed it and made a ton of money right away on its opening weekend.

If the studio heads are too dense to understand that simple cause & effect . . .

Wolverine . . . the whole character is overdone. He is most fun as a supporting player. Wisecracking & playing off the main heroes, stepping in to kick some ass at the opportune time, etc. He should be delivered in small careful doses.

Hugh Jackman's age is also becoming a liability. It looks like he's throwing a lot of steroids at the problem. That works, but it's prone to aging the face and making bodies look really veiny. It's showing on Jackman lately.

Last edited:
No no no, they need to let him finish his franchise...This switching back and forth with directors is what led us to the horrors that were Origins and X3. If they want continuity, they'll do it.

I actually prefer Matthew Vaughn finish it. He was way better than Singer.

Its ridiculous that First Class gets remembered by the industry as a mediocre success.

First Class was following two crappy X-men/Wolv movies in a row. It didn't make a lot of money but audiences liked it. Then DOFP followed it and made a ton of money right away on its opening weekend.

If the studio heads are too dense to understand that simple cause & effect . . .

Wolverine . . . the whole character is overdone. He is most fun as a supporting player. Wisecracking & playing off the main heroes, stepping in to kick some ass at the opportune time, etc. He should be delivered in small careful doses.

Hugh Jackman's age is also becoming a liability. It looks like he's throwing a lot of steroids at the problem. That works, but it's prone to aging the face and making bodies look really veiny. It's showing on Jackman lately.

Typical response from an uneducated somebody who probably has never worked out a day in their life. You say Jackman is on steroids? Really? Do you have proof? You do realize that his body is 70% diet, 30% weight lifting? His vascularity comes with age, years of lifting, and his muscle's demand for oxygen, not because of steroids. Also, if he were roiding, you'd see back and chest acne. And give him abreak, he's 46 now...I'd like to see there rest of y'alls faces at that age.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually prefer Matthew Vaughn finish it. He was way better than Singer.

That's not what the box office is saying

I liked First Class and realize it's box office numbers were hurt by X-3 and X-O, but at the same time I didn't like it as much as X-2, DOFP, or maybe even X-1 and The Wolverine. It was a good movie, but the only two characters I cared for were Xavier and Magneto, because most the kids (besides the blue ones lol) and the Hellfire Club were like throw away characters because we don't see them in the rest of the films. The plot was great though! I would rather see Singer directing than Matthew Vaughn, not that he did a bad job by any means on First Class. All film is subjective and this is merely my opinion.

On Hugh Jackman's aging, go back and watch X-1 and then watch The Wolverine or DOFP he looks more like Wolverine now. A lot of people forget how old they make Wolverine look in the comics. I don't think he is on steroids, I think comonbub is right on why he looks like way.

Typical response from an uneducated somebody who probably has never worked out a day in their life. You say Jackman is on steroids? Really? Do you have proof? You do realize that his body is 70% diet, 30% weight lifting? His vascularity comes with age, years of lifting, and his muscle's demand for oxygen, not because of steroids. Also, if he were roiding, you'd see back and chest acne. And give him abreak, he's 46 now...I'd like to see there rest of y'alls faces at that age.
Well, coming from a person who spent ~25 yrs working out (10 of those years power-lifting competitively), the only way I could be any MORE certain that Jackman was taking steroids, would be if I actually saw him taking them. I don't have proof that he's doing it, but you don't have proof that he isn't. I spent my teenage/early-adult years around people who took steroids to one degree or another. And for the record, I think the only thing "wrong" with steroids is that they are illegal. If I was in charge, they would be legal, reasonably-priced, & widely available.

As far as his vascularity & the age on his face, that's probably LARGELY due to his diet. Once someone's body-fat drops below a certain level, it tends to showcase the veins that reside near the surface of the skin, & cause wrinkles to appear in the face. When body-fat goes back up, the veins & wrinkles tend to fade away.

And regarding body acne, they can cover up almost ANYTHING with make-up. Do a google image search for "Tom Hardy body acne" & you'll see how they were not only able to cover all his tattoos, but also the extensive acne he developed while "supplementing" for the 'Bane' character.

Again, I'm not ragging on any of them. If I was an action movie star, I'd do it.

Steriods - BAD; BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD. Discounting the impact they have on the homeostatic mechanisms of the body; their impact on hormone profile and subsequent impact on male fertility and other reproductive issues there is growing bodies of evidence related to the impact they have on mental state especially regarding depression; anger management and potential to trigger psychosis.

As for the popped veins there is another way this can be achieved and i'm sure I have read Jackman admit to this previous - water loading the morning of there shoots w/ weights to increase vascular volume thus "popping" the veins

I'm no expert. But I've gotten the impression that steroids produce a lot more horror stories when guys stay on them heavily & chronically. Roids are probably never harmless but I'd rather be stuck with the steroid damage incurred by an actor than a lot of pro bodybuilders, wrestlers, athletes, etc. Actors could probably make do with a temporary round of steroids, maybe once every few years, just for certain roles.

Legalization? I dunno about that.

Adults should be allowed to make their own choices. But the pressure to use them would quickly trickle down to high school kids if steroids were legal & common. Bad, bad news.

I suppose steroid usage could be legally scripted under doctor supervision or something.

Last edited:
Bryan Singer posted this on Instagram.

Along with Simon Kinberg, Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris are back. They both wrote X2 and Superman Returns. Though their work in SR wasn't well received, I hope they deliver a better script with Apocalypse. And after Trick 'r Treat, I'm fan of Michael Dougherty and I am looking forward to the sequel Trick 'r Treat 2 next year.

Instagram

10449110_663869983704280_571934252_n.jpg

Vivek I have really liked their work including SR. I thought it was much better than that POS MOS. They just drew out the following Lois around to much and made it a little creepy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep and the kid plot wasn't necessary. I liked the movie very much despite some of those issues. Saw it 5 times in the theatre. Though in terms of continuity I wish it was a fresh start instead of being tied down with the Donner films.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back