X-Men: Apocalypse

Did you guys watch the clip of Angel and Nightcrawler with Katniss? It looked like it was Syfy made for TV movie. I wasnt that big a fan of DOFP, and X1 and X2 are definitely products of their time, but I dont think Singer has the proper vision to handle this universe. The only thing, and I mean ONLY THING Im looking forward to in this movie is Psylocke, and after she stabbed the ground missing Beast's toe and her smiling....I might not even see this in theaters. :facepalm

I wasn't really all that keen on First Class but I loved the hell out of Days of Future Past (despite the heavy flaws in editing and camera work) and Apocalypse was something I wasn't really that interested in anyway. Loved the first two X-men films because of Singer's control over the films. Seeing what's been coming out about Apocalypse, and the some influence of the studio's finger in DoFP, I have no doubt this thing was just rushed through production by the studios and Singer was under their thumb the whole time.

once i saw the cast of horsemen i was really turned off for this film.. I'm still going to go and hope for the best. i really like quicksilver i hope he does good, and psylocke. who even cares if she's good, as long as she stays in the purple costume HOT DOG!

Two of the youtube reviewers I usually agree with have said whilst it isnt perfect, it's really, really good. So I'm quite happy to be going in next wednesday with relatively high hopes.

Excited!

I would like for someone to explain to me how an electrified fence is supposed to keep Kurt from teleporting out of that cage.

Not sure how much science goes into it, but I'd say he can't teleport when getting shocked like in Jumper.

IMG_20160510_173039.jpg

Maybe he can't teleport through flowing electricity itself? If that is the case, it may be a plot point since Storm controls electricity.

I don't remember him having that issue in the comic, i do think he had to have line of sight or know the layout of a place though. I have to admit i'm still unsure of this movie but I'm digging this version of Kurt as he looks more like the 80s version and I'm really loving the mohawk Storm from the mid 80s Clairemont era.

I would like for someone to explain to me how an electrified fence is supposed to keep Kurt from teleporting out of that cage.

Its just to keep him in that box and set up the whole stupid fight scene. He didnt have that problem in the comics. Hell, there was a time when he could teleport to freaking heaven. Its some stupid limitation they put on him to set that up....I know you know that, its just annoying that they are doing stuff like that. Im sure Katniss will explain something because its pretty much her movie now.

I heard one review saying, "If you like the X-Men films, particularly the last two, prepare to be heart broken".

:lol
oh man... i think this is the problem with reading comic books compared to movies. you can get away with so much more in comic books rather then seeing it on screen.. i am still excited for the film, i just thought it was going to be very hard pulling the apocalypse story off..

kinda like seeing the xmen in uniform in public...

I'm still hoping, anyway i know it will be far better then ghostbusters!

You mean the last THREE. The Wolverine extended edition was really good minus the 3rd act. I have hopes for this one.

first class and days of future past I thought were amazing. to me they are the only good X films, along with X2: xmen United. other then that the rest of them I didn't care for, even all the wolvie movies I didn't like

I think going the apocalypse route is what everyone wanted to see. but I think this movie will be effected by the real world issue.

and what I mean by that is, I feel you can get away with so much more in comics then you can movies. personally when reading a comic I won't get pulled out of the book if they introduce something crazy like aliens.. or a mutant with God like ability. or thanos for example!! when you read about him you except it

watching apocalypse on film I think I'm going to get pulled out of the movie and say heh... that just doesn't feel right.

like every time you see the xmen in uniform in the daylight.. x3 the brother hood going to Jean greys house in the middle of the day.. just doesn't look right and always a problem in my mind.. if I saw that in the pages of a comic I wouldn't think twice!

idk.. it's probably just a problem I have.. but getting Back to what I was saying

I am not feeling apocalypse in a movie, I am still excited but understand I don't think I am going to leave as satisfied as I did for DoFP. if it wasn't for quicksilver (and psylocke!! ) being in the film i'd probably wait for redbox to get it

I seriously hope I am blown away, I keep reminding myself I felt this same exact way with the trailer for first class came out, and that is now one of my favorite X movies

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back