The 12th Doctor's New Sonic Screwdriver

ManOfGallifrey

So this Christmas it seems we are getting a new sonic screwdriver! (As well as a sonic pizza cutter?) I can't wait to start building and seeing what you guys come up with!

TAIn9YQ.jpg

Re: The 12th Doctor's New Sonic Screwdriver - Let it Begin!

Now that I can see it on a proper monitor, I quite like that bottom half of the sonic. I'm gonna hold off on the top half and mid section until we get some decent shots of it. I hope that we're back to having a blue light, though this shot looks like it could be white.

Question is, does this look like something that the current TARDIS would make, or a new Console Room? 11's sonic was a natural extension of the console at the time. This one doesn't quite feel like it sits in with the current console rooms look and colour scheme. (Assuming that it came from the TARDIS.)

Now that I can see it on a proper monitor, I quite like that bottom half of the sonic. I'm gonna hold off on the top half and mid section until we get some decent shots of it. I hope that we're back to having a blue light, though this shot looks like it could be white.

Question is, does this look like something that the current TARDIS would make, or a new Console Room? 11's sonic was a natural extension of the console at the time. This one doesn't quite feel like it sits in with the current console rooms look and colour scheme. (Assuming that it came from the TARDIS.)

I can't quite tell what that business is near his index finger - is it an activation switch similar to what's on the Trans-temporal sonic screwdriver toy? I like what we can see so far though!

It doesn't 100% feel in line with the current console room, but it does match better than the copper/green of 11's sonic. The current room is all blue and silver at least.

Given that River is an archaeologist, is she holding a "sonic trowel" perhaps?

Don't know why, but I thoroughly dislike that top half... I might do a redesign... the end is a bit bulky too.

I saw that image the other day but wasn't sure what it was.

It looks like they just took the claws, nipple and outer plating off of 11's sonic and lit the whole thing up. Mid section looks like River's sonic from the library. I'm not sold on that one.

The lack of claws immediately puts this one over Smith's sonic (I did not enjoy how aggressive they looked), but yeah, it could stand to feel a bit less hodge-podge. Not sure why they doubled down on the junkyard look when the console room and Doctor's wardrobe are both so Spartan.

The pommel is very nice, but the rest leaves a lot to be desired... but I loved the claws on smiths! It might be my favorite design ever!

If you paint Matt Smiths Sonic Screwdriver black it looks like an updated version of the Master's Tissue Compression Eliminator. I'm not sure if I like this design, but I'm glad to see it back. New prop to make!!!

The claws on Smiths were great closed. Star-headed screwdriver look was some good thinking. They didn't seem to add any functionality extended, though.

This new one does feel cobbled together. Hopefully we get some full shots of the prop soon. Does this thing look bigger/longer than Elevens?

Hey, hey... that's SONIC curling iron!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait... SONIC curling iron... that explains River Songs' hair. (Just joking around please don't take offense).

SOO happy Capaldi is getting a new sonic. From what we can see so far, I really like it. Cant wait to see a better shot of it.

At first glance it looks like it doesn't have any moving parts... or very simple mechanics. Of coarse we can't be sure till we see it in action. Regardless, it's nice to have a new sonic screwdriver to build!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back