STARGATE: Horus / Anubis Masks

Not to be critical of fan attempts as they are each very impressive. However, one of my pet peeves is that the mask is usually made as ONE large Solid thing, and it is not. It is actually broken down into individual sections.Those fans were motivated enough to sculpt it, which is a HUGE and impressive undertaking and each version got really close. Im just lazy and rather mold what already existed on screen provided Im lucky enough to get my hands on it. ;-)

Right there with you on this. I have kookoo's sculpt which really is nice (though if you ever reconsider on offering these you know I'll be in the line), but he made extra work for himself IMO - it's cast in two halves vertically and he joined and seamed all those pieces. Points for hard work but making the lobster pieces the same way as the originals seems the way to go to me.

Still gonna finish my Horus head sculpt, can I hit you up for ref? :lol

Updates.
Pretty much done refinishing/restoring these parts.

horusready.jpg

backready.jpg

Long answer:

I'm told some replica company is sitting on a License to make these.
Who knows.
If that is NOT the case, I guess I could do build ups someday. However, if they are going to do something like that, then I would be infringing on a licensee revenue and so I wouldn't do that.

Also, I have no interest in selling castings. It's just not worth the effort and I just don't have that kind of free time. I will be doing good just to complete this for myself.

Besides, there have already been kits made available, or are currently available by others, original sculptures they may be, however I don't want to go there either.
I know they have alot of time and money invested in their art.

appreciate the interest though.

Short answer:
no.

Wow! Amazing work! HUGE fan of the movie and TV show and I have to say the Horus heads are my favorite. Surprised they didn't use them in the TV show any.

actually, they did.

You can tell an SG1 Head. They modified them a bit.

I was thinking they had used the head in SG1 but can't remember what episode. (Suprising concidering how many times I have watched the whole series, back to front.) Any body have the answer to what episode/s they were used in?

Wish I did. There are SO many episodes. I remember seeing HORUS used once, but everyone insist he never was in the TV show.

The SG1 Horus masks had a mesh over the face, and were painted slightly different. I believe it was early in the series, when they were relying much of what was left over from the movie.

For example, the 8 foot Movie Glider was molded, so someone felt it was going to be needed. If they used it, they didnt use it for long. I think they ended up just going SG1 with those.

Wasn't there a Horus used in the episode where Sha're dies? Daniel shoots a Horus guard before going into the tent Shar're is hiding out in.

Btw, love your work man. Always loved the design of the Horus and Anubis guards.

Long answer:

I'm told some replica company is sitting on a License to make these.
Who knows.
If that is NOT the case, I guess I could do build ups someday. However, if they are going to do something like that, then I would be infringing on a licensee revenue and so I wouldn't do that.

Also, I have no interest in selling castings. It's just not worth the effort and I just don't have that kind of free time. I will be doing good just to complete this for myself.

Besides, there have already been kits made available, or are currently available by others, original sculptures they may be, however I don't want to go there either.
I know they have alot of time and money invested in their art.

appreciate the interest though.

Short answer:
no.

Pity but understandelble.

I'm working on a 'foamies' version of a SG helmet.
And with the pictures of the loose parts you have placed in this topic i can go futher with it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back