Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

Your work is quickly becoming too amazing. I still find myself wishing that you were a Firefly fanatic. What I wouldn't give to have Serenity laid out in such detail.

Your work is quickly becoming too amazing. I still find myself wishing that you were a Firefly fanatic. What I wouldn't give to have Serenity laid out in such detail.

I had actually started Serenity a while back:
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1545/wiprender06.jpg

Eventually I'll get back to it because I fully intend to do the whole ship, maybe sometime next year. I've got a different project to finish before then though.

Really great stuff on the Falcon, It's going to be insane to put all the pieces together.

Some of the greebles I've been adding, in a so-called clay render.

You might notice that the first set of greebles on the far right look like the wall mounted panels in the Blockade runner corridor. That's exactly what they are on the full-scale falcon. Another case of prop recycling. (Though, can anyone shed some light on which set was built first, the FS Half-Falcon, or the Rebel Cruiser?)

attachment.php

Some more reference, for those who want to compare.

rokurota

Hi Steve.
You're doing a very great job. I've done the same corridors based on movie screenshot but looks different from yours. :unsure https://picasaweb.google.com/104808483936510603394/StarWars19772005
I'd like to correct mines. Where did you find production plans?

Marco,
here are some from the blueprints book. They show that Steve's version is near perfection. Your model is very well constructed, but unfortunately not according to screen or set.
rokurota

Here I placed an original ESB Falcon floorplan over an exterior drawing. The scale of both drawings should be approximately the same, as the diameters of the ring corridors suggest. Compare the section in the upper right corner! As you can see there, the ring corridor of the full scale exterior set is located almost in the ship's center to allow the ramp the angle we know.
Pegging the corridor of the interior set there, it clearly shows what most of us have always known: The interior set has never fit in the exterior one.

rokurota

in theory it would be possible to adapt these plans for the full-scale falcon project, but it could end up being a lot of work. The whole ship needs to be scaled up, which means adjusting the ramp assembly and cockpit. Not to mention adding ESB falcon landing gear, which makes rebuilding the panel work on the forward quarters of the underside (yet again. I must have done those about five times...) however, I did design it sectionally, the same as the real (ESB) FS Falcon. It wouldn't be impossible, but suffice it to say, it remains to be seen.

then again, I'm sure you could tackle it as is, Sofaking, heh. You might have to get a slightly bigger garage though.

Thanks Wavey.
Indigo renderer sometimes works wonders, especially in simple full 'sunlight'. Adding the myriad of different light sources that replicate the set's illumination causes the program a pretty serious headache sometimes.

Would it be right to say that the 4 circular raised parts on the most used rectangular panel (on the boxes and in the Tantive) are formed, in part, from the MF's centre console back panel?

You think so? I might have to move the mower... ;)

Heh, the mower is as good as gone, as far as I'm concerned. Who needs a trimmed lawn when you've got a fullscale falcon exploding out of your garage!

a solution to the scale issue that I've been mulling over for a while would be to combine a half-falcon with a building. Possibly a large mirror could give the illusion of the other half of the falcon. When visitors would go up the ramp, they would enter a full scale interior that extended into the building. The rest of the interior of the building would be a museum for props and replicas. You would have to sacrifice the awesomeness of a falcon standing on its own in the middle of a field, but it would solve most of the looming "ship of riddles" conundrums for the build. Just a thought though.

Wavey,

the circles are slightly larger than almost any of the greebles on the falcon's panels. I'm pretty sure they can fit the dome lights, featured throughout star wars, inside their inner circumference (which they've done on a number of the panels on the tantive).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back