Production Made Staff of Ra Headpiece. Got it in hand PICS PAGE 7

Re: Production Made Staff of Ra Headpiece. BIG UPDATE 6-17! PAGE 4

For the price he is charging, IMHO, it is clear as day that this is not a made for production piece. I agree with the sentiments that if they sold a real one for 60k, why on earth would they sell the next best thing for 450??? They're just not that stupid.

Well, they didn't 'sell it for $450', they listed it on eBay. No one was willing to pay more than $450 for it, that's why it sold for that price...

Well, they didn't 'sell it for $450', they listed it on eBay. No one was willing to pay more than $450 for it, that's why it sold for that price...

Very well put. And in the Ebay auction description Luke states:

So this is an original piece that was made for the production, not screen seen and plated later, just to be crystal clear. Shipping within the UK is £9 as this will have to go recorded, USA or Australia £30. eBays rules state that I have to offer shipping at £4. I have, but you'd be mad to take this option, you'd have no insurance or tracking, and this will probably go around the £1000 mark as it's a really rare piece. I am starting at just £0.99 to save fees. My grandad will write a letter confirming all this for the winner. Good luck, any questions feel free.

So he thought it would go a lot higher, it just didn't. For whatever reason. People now-a-days don't have extra cash. The economy is tight and there maybe other variables. It seems that even the members here and over at COW that REALLY are interested in buying a piece like this didn't even see this auction nor did the dealers that snatch these up to sell for higher. So who knows. Maybe I snagged a piece of history for pennies on the dollar and maybe I didn't. I am okay either way.

Brad

Last edited:

No public viewing of that. Do you have a synopsis?

Here it is:

Hi everyone! My name is Marc, I am from Sherman Oaks, CA, and new to the boards. Also let me thank Club Obi Wan (cool name) for letting me on. Of course I am a serious indiana Jones fan just like you all.

I just wanted to share my excitement, because just recently I finally got my screen used props framed and displayed. I had a friend built the rock looking base out of fiberglass and it just fits perfect. The moss vines are pretty cool and part of the base, just painted to look separate.

Below are plenty of pictures. But only enough for forum rules.

I purchased the headpiece to the Staff of Ra from Elstree. This is one that actually got used in the map room and they told me a secret about it which Harrison confirmed when I had lunch with him. I also bought the hat from Elstree as well. And as you can see, the glove fits. No worries, Harrison insisted on wearing it and said "let me give you a mean nazi look for this one". So, he wasn't really miffed to put it on, he is the one that offered. Yes, he is that cool.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures

RaidersRapropcased.jpg

MarcandHarrisonFord3.jpg

IndianaJonespropdisplay1.jpg

RaidersNazihat.jpg

MarcandHarrisonFord9.jpg

A couple Q's from the COW members:

Q: That is SWEET BEANS my friend! Welcome to COW! Hey, first question- What is the headpiece made of?

A: Some type of metal and fairly heavy for its size.

Q: Thanks for the info on the headpiece. Does it appear to be gold plated or brass or?

A: It's got a really light gold plating to it. I can see some imperfections around where it either didn't take or flaked. As you know there were a few of them that were made of plastic. I would love to find one.

Q: In looking at closer pics of your headpiece it doesn't appear that it was the one used in the Map Room (and Raven Bar) scenes. Are you 100% certain of the scene it was in? Perhaps it was used for the Elstree scenes at Imam's house? That same version of the piece was also used in Kairouan on Sallah's rooftop.

A: Are you referring to the color of the gem?

And just a reply by Marc:

When it comes to screen used props, there's always a debate. I've learned to move on and enjoy my props. Ford immediately verified as well the validity of both pieces. Between Elstree and Ford, I am confident of its authenticity.

The prop is fairly heavy, it is mostly metal with a gold leaf type of coating.

Interesting. I hope that this Marc replies to me.

Brad

Last edited:

Great score!

It is an awesome purchase, regardless of what some people say.

Getting your hands on a screen used piece is one thing, but having lunch with Harrison Ford? That's a whole new level of awesome.

Wow. That's absolutely fantastic. Big Indy fan here. (not quite as big as a buddy of mine who actually *dressed* like Indy *every day*..., but still...)

I'd love to have a good replica for that price, but it seems to me that it has at least a good chance of being authentic. I may be a rube, but it seems a long way to go for a $450 piece. Seems to me that they'd work that hard to sell a 2500 piece, but $450? Not worth the trouble.

I just received it yesterday and I am now holding what looks to be a production made piece. It is 100% identical to the 60K Profiles headpiece. Simply awesome.

IMG_8078.jpg

IMG_8081.jpg

IMG_8070.jpg

Re: Production Made Staff of Ra Headpiece. BIG UPDATE 6-26! PAGE 6

Nice......that's really great that something like that is going to a true fan:)

Regards
TAZ

:eek WOW!!! I'm just soooooooooo jealous :cry

Please!!!! Please offer a re-cast (yeah, I have a recast already, but they filled the opening gap on the bottom of mine:angry).

I can most probably get you some matching crystals for it if need be.

Regards,

Marc

:eek WOW!!! I'm just soooooooooo jealous :cry

Please!!!! Please offer a re-cast (yeah, I have a recast already, but they filled the opening gap on the bottom of mine:angry).

I can most probably get you some matching crystals for it if need be.

Regards,

Marc

Hi Marc:)

Yes, casts of it would be cool:thumbsup

THIS is a GREAT story! It's so nice to find that even today, little treasures do pop up from time to time and fore reasonable sums, find their way into the hands of folks who truly appreciate them, more for sentiment than for collectible value...even if it is worth a pretty penny. Awesome score. Congrats and enjoy.

Thank you guys. I am really happy with this. I am talking with Jason Debord about trying to get to the bottom of this prop and its legitimacy and lineage.

None-the-less for $450 I really could not have lost, unless it was a scam. But I have it in hand.

If I end up finding with conclusive evidence, not just heresay, that this is NOT an authentic piece, I may offer a run of metal (possibly bronze) pieces.

Stay Tuned!

Brad

Dream piece at dream price!!! :thumbsup

Azuma

Thank you guys. I am really happy with this. I am talking with Jason Debord about trying to get to the bottom of this prop and its legitimacy and lineage.

None-the-less for $450 I really could not have lost, unless it was a scam. But I have it in hand.

If I end up finding with conclusive evidence, not just heresay, that this is NOT an authentic piece, I may offer a run of metal (possibly bronze) pieces.

Stay Tuned!

Brad

Heck man, it might be worth offering castings if you can do it at a decent price regardless the linage on it. It's a beautiful piece.

Gregg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back