NIKE MAG Knockoffs

Random OT topic.

If your wife had a son that grew up to look EXACTLY like your best friend from high school, wouldn't you be just a teeny bit suspicious? Maybe George just wants to pretend he doesn't notice the resemblance.

Umm, sorry have I missed something?

Haha thanks for the comments, yes they will just lace up andI can tuck the strings in but I also straight laced the sneakers so it has a similar look, Im making eva foam buckles and some kind of heel cup, I just have to finish attaching the white border but the upper part I added on was cavx's own template! it fits to a size 10 converse also haha.

Huh. After looking everywhere for the best fabric for these shoes I found it in...t-shirts.

There's a brand named Uniqlo over here and they have these hi-tech T's that keep you cool. It looks pretty good. Assuming nothing crops up at work I should have my uppers done by Wednesday.

The thicker Tee-Shirt material was one that stuck out for me too. Face it, stretchy and fairly robust at the same time. Cost effective too and in a range of colours.

Depends on the foam you use. EVA will not breathe well so a foam like reticulated would be a better choice for this.

Depends on the foam you use. EVA will not breathe well so a foam like reticulated would be a better choice for this.

Good idea.

Do you think it would be better simply to get some thin reticulated foam, glue it to some faux leatherette to give it some backing, then put the grey fabric over the top?

And maybe glue some thicker foam on at where the ankle part is.

If you look at the kmag shoe, it uses a very thin 1mm layer of foam which im guessing is some type of eva, but its very thin, and an top its just got some thin spongy foam, and then the lining.

And they feel very confortable when you wear them.

The eva foam i got is called "funky foam" A3 size and on the sheet it says "2mm", but if you measure it, it is actually 1.5mm thick.

If it was 1mm, it would be better i think.

I was thinking of glueing 2 layers together, and then putting some thin reticulated foam ontop, then the grey fabric.

But if you are saying eva isn't that breathable, what other things could be used for the uppers?

Last edited:
Good idea.

Do you think it would be better simply to get some thin reticulated foam, glue it to some faux leatherette to give it some backing, then put the grey fabric over the top?

if heat build up is a concern, I'd avoid the leatherette altogether as that stuff does not breath at all. I would suggest that if you used spray adhesive on the foam and glued the fabric to one side, that will stiffen the part quite a bit. You can actually buy stiffening fabric used for upholstery.

And maybe glue some thicker foam on at where the ankle part is.

If you look at the kmag shoe, it uses a very thin 1mm layer of foam which im guessing is some type of eva, but its very thin, and an top its just got some thin spongy foam, and then the lining.

And they feel very confortable when you wear them.

You should be OK to build up an area like the ankle. I would avoid the sides of the shoe, especially close to the toe section.

The eva foam i got is called "funky foam" A3 size and on the sheet it says "2mm", but if you measure it, it is actually 1.5mm thick.

Rounding :rolleyes

If it was 1mm, it would be better i think.

I was thinking of glueing 2 layers together, and then putting some thin reticulated foam ontop, then the grey fabric.

But if you are saying eva isn't that breathable, what other things could be used for the uppers?

Layer up reticulated foam. Even though it is open cell, you can still glue it.

I have been approached by a company called Zboard that will be using my MAG's for their online commercial for their upcoming "Hoverboard" version of the Zboard. It will have all the graphics of the Hoverboard without the Mattel logos and will say Zboard instead.

The Zboard has been called the predecessor of the hoverboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C5sKgte2aSE

The "hoverboard" version will be auctioned off and the proceeds will go towards the MJ FOX FOUNDATION.

Here are my MAG's on the production model.

IMG_1182_zps9d311d25.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back