Nike MAG Modification

Fons

I modified some MAGs and wanted to know what true fans thought. After watching my favorite movie for the trillionth time I thought I'd do like Zig Zigler says and "give it a go".

I found the electronic components were set in vulnerable areas so I glued them in such a way so one wouldnt break the copper strips attached to the EL panels.

I also modified the toe box to be as flat as possible to resemble the look we're accustomed to seeing when Marty takes them out of his carrying case for the first time. The originals are made of semi thin Neoprene and air brushed a powder blue. I dont have an air brush machine but I will eventually get around to painting them.

I'd like to know what you all think and if I missed something in the process of contouring the uppers.

When I can I will acquire a pair of autolace MAGs because I believe I can automate the ankle brace.

Stay well, bojos.
Fons

Attachments

• IMG_20210701_213939_660.jpg
    IMG_20210701_213939_660.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 151
nice.
see the official friends and family version here.
the left foot has a sock toe like the screen used.

the only problem with the v3 uppers is the collars.
the white puffy collars hang over the the grey part. if those were thickened, they would be good

Hey there,

Im new to the RPF and not sure if youre responding to my post or if Im receiving messages for other threads. I apologise if my message makes no sense. Are you saying to thicken the collars on the mods I did? The shoes in your vid are dope.

Hey there,

Im new to the RPF and not sure if youre responding to my post or if Im receiving messages for other threads. I apologise if my message makes no sense. Are you saying to thicken the collars on the mods I did? The shoes in your vid are dope.
hi,
no I was just saying the V3's collars, the white puffy area sags over the grey uppers, when in reality, they shouldn't.

see these pics. the v3 white puffy collars sag over the grey part. on the authentics and screen used, they don't.

Attachments

• 1200px-Nike_mag_flight_club.jpg
    1200px-Nike_mag_flight_club.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 15764-nike-air-mag-replica-v3.jpg
    15764-nike-air-mag-replica-v3.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 149
  • nike-air-mags-2015-self-lacing-back-to-the-future-ii.jpg
    nike-air-mags-2015-self-lacing-back-to-the-future-ii.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 127
  • Nike_Air_Mag_Men_Shoes_Logo_Shine_Grey_White_417744-001_P2.jpg
    Nike_Air_Mag_Men_Shoes_Logo_Shine_Grey_White_417744-001_P2.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 129
I modified some MAGs and wanted to know what true fans thought. After watching my favorite movie for the trillionth time I thought I'd do like Zig Zigler says and "give it a go".

I found the electronic components were set in vulnerable areas so I glued them in such a way so one wouldnt break the copper strips attached to the EL panels.

I also modified the toe box to be as flat as possible to resemble the look we're accustomed to seeing when Marty takes them out of his carrying case for the first time. The originals are made of semi thin Neoprene and air brushed a powder blue. I dont have an air brush machine but I will eventually get around to painting them.

I'd like to know what you all think and if I missed something in the process of contouring the uppers.

When I can I will acquire a pair of autolace MAGs because I believe I can automate the ankle brace.

Stay well, bojos.
Fons
Wow, imo, they look great as you modified them !

Great job :)

Have you modified something else since ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back