Orcamodel24FB_o.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 180
  • orcamodel11FB_o.jpg
    orcamodel11FB_o.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 195
  • REAL ORCA ERIK_MAST_HD-remini-enhanced.jpg
    REAL ORCA ERIK_MAST_HD-remini-enhanced.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 189
this is still hand down the best ORCA model out there, the Gold standard, I think if I'd seen this before I made mine I might not have started
Yours is really great flimzy. :cool::cool:(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy: It's true that, looking at the pics, I don't know the size of that model. Seems pretty big to me:unsure:

As you know, some details can be a big PITA to reproduce to scale: clothing, stitching on the clothing, ropes, tarps, plates, cups, cutlery, etc...

Those can deter from your "suspend of disbelief" while looking at the model. This one is surely the bar to aim for in terms of how everything is coming together.;)

Eric did a great paint job on his orca, but there are better renditions out there. i.e flying fish's orca, totally built by him from the keel up, where Eric bought his and redid some of it. Yours Filmzy for its scale size, which promotes a huge amount of detail. Both you Filmzy and FlyingFish raised the bar when it comes to modeling the Orca.
There is a YouTube video of this Orca being "refitted " by Eric Hollander.

Eric did a great paint job on his orca, but there are better renditions out there. i.e flying fish's orca, totally built by him from the keel up, where Eric bought his and redid some of it. Yours Filmzy for its scale size, which promotes a huge amount of detail. Both you Filmzy and FlyingFish raised the bar when it comes to modeling the Orca.
There is a YouTube video of this Orca being "refitted " by Eric Hollander.
Ohh flyingfish model is fantastic, you are right. Bar goes up again.

Seems like a 1/6 scale;)
1/14th scale my friend. It's only about 34" long, just under a yard. Filmzy's Orca is (I might be a bit off on this) 52 or 54 inches without the pulpit. Mine is 56" without the pulpit. Yeah I messed up a bit. Orca was a Novi42, but she's NOT 42 feet like I built her. What did you figure Orca was Filmzy??? 37 or 38 feet in real life?

1/14th scale my friend. It's only about 34" long, just under a yard. Filmzy's Orca is (I might be a bit off on this) 52 or 54 inches without the pulpit. Mine is 56" without the pulpit. Yeah I messed up a bit. Orca was a Novi42, but she's NOT 42 feet like I built her. What did you figure Orca was Filmzy??? 37 or 38 feet in real life?
Yes mine works out at 38ft I just can’t make it work at 40ft so it’s very possible I’m just totally wrong somehow

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back