Orca from JAWS

I quiet understand you can't post pics,, but maybe you could sketch out a floor plan of what you think the forward cabin and v-birth look like. I'm sure that would help Filmzy with her 1/6th build and me with my build.

Just wrapping up all four walls of the wheelhouse.

Attachments

• IMG_8109.jpeg
    IMG_8109.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8108.jpeg
    IMG_8108.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_8111.mov
    88.2 MB
The louvres came to life with the matt varnish. In fact all of the stained elements looked 100% better with the varnish on.

Attachments

• IMG_8185.mov
    44.7 MB
Quick comparison of the Quint NECA figures; original release versus reissue. The reissue has the more dramatic paint job on the face, the jacket is a different colour and size.

Attachments

• IMG_8428.jpeg
    IMG_8428.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8425.jpeg
    IMG_8425.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 43
  • E1728320-A08E-4843-9047-C7E1A3EA14D0.jpeg
    E1728320-A08E-4843-9047-C7E1A3EA14D0.jpeg
    614.3 KB · Views: 46
Found a company in China that make lenses so the deck prism is now installed. A bunch of little detailing bits before I seal up the wheelhouse for good. This week it’s been all about the lower cabin.

Lower cabin beams test fit. Coming together nicely. This week I have to commit to whether I’m going to keep the lower cabin accessible or not. So little was filmed in it I think I’m going to finish it as it was and seal it up. It’s just less to design that way. I bought the prop shaft and will install that too along with servo mount, motor mount and waterproof receiver box (just in case). I’ve cannibalised a lot out of a Traxxas TRX-4 I had lying around (left over lockdown passing fancy). I guarantee I’ll take it out once on the water and it’ll then spend its life on a very big shelf but it’s nice to have the option
IMG_8562.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back