1/9th Scale Jaws Orca (NECA Size)

Is it possible for you to transform the costume to make it for an 8 inch figure?:unsure:
Outfits are hard to put together and look correct. I tried and missed, that one piece was 1/6th scale and not 1/9th scale
Thank you Jo for trying to help. You are the best!

In order to get all the wiring under the deck hooked up and finished I have to build and mock up everything,...like the Mast! The mast hole is drilled and I can now run wiring to it. 3 lights in the mast (Not 4). That black dome thing is radar, well it's supposed to be. It's Not a deck light. From the deck to the platform that Quint stands on (where 2 of the deck lights are) is 33 and a half inches tall. I'm figuring 16 to 20 inches more (53") will be the full height of the mast
After I finish the mast wiring, I can move on to the navigation and spot light wiring.
20240306_210343.jpg
20240306_210415.jpg
20240306_210435.jpg
20240306_210534.jpg

I think we have both fallen down a large rabbit hole, Looking good
LoL Ahhh but it's so much fun, and the diversion I need. Can't wait till your OV2 starts. I couldn't think of another strong willed, warm heart, unbelievablely talented, Friend I'd want to be down that rabbit hole with.
Slow, Steady, and Sure Orca's getting there.

Some evening work on the helm after spending the day with the wife at the doctor's and therapy.
Yes, that's wiring to all the guages and buttons. No one will probably ever see it, but I know it's there. Oh, I also put the Orca's log book in there. Quint was Navy, I'm sure he kept a log. I might add a hidden bottle of whiskey, Quint would do something like that.
20240315_205552.jpg
20240315_205632.jpg

Some evening work on the helm after spending the day with the wife at the doctor's and therapy.
Yes, that's wiring to all the guages and buttons. No one will probably ever see it, but I know it's there.

That's the whole nature of model building (for yourself), isn't it? "Nobody else is gonna notice this but I want it right . . . "

Oh, I also put the Orca's log book in there. Quint was Navy, I'm sure he kept a log. I might add a hidden bottle of whiskey, Quint would do something like that.

I'm picturing that log book.

May 6th:
Chased some b*stard Tiger shark down the coast for 3 hours.
Drank whiskey.

May 7th:
No fish sighted.
Encountered a rich city boy on a yacht. Cussed at him and threw bottles.
Drank whiskey.

May 8th:
Traveled 34 miles east in AM.
Caught 1 swordfish.
Drank whiskey.

May 9th:
Chased some b*stard Mako sharks towards Amity coast.
Harpooned & caught 2.
Drank Whiskey.

May 10th:
Docked in Amity.
Traded Mako & swordfish meat for groceries, 60 gallons of fuel, and 5 bottles of whiskey.
Drank whiskey.

Last edited:
ALL the Wiring IS DONE, including the Smoke Generator! (Flimzy, wait till you see the Smoke volume from this thing) My next post when the deck and cabin walls are glued in, I'll make a video of the Smoke generator working.
Ok the Wiring, from the radio receiver I have 6 switches setup on the aux channels 5 through 10. They will turn on and off all the different lights. Channel 4 is the Smoke generator, which has variable smoke forward and reverse. I thought about Y connecting the generator to the throttle channel, but decided against it.
Gluing the deck and cabin walls in permanently is next! THANK GOD!!!! Let's get to the good stuff.
20240321_190712.jpg
20240321_190737.jpg
20240321_190747.jpg
20240321_190754.jpg
20240321_190805.jpg
20240321_191038.jpg
20240321_190833.jpg
20240321_190840.jpg
20240321_191022.jpg
20240321_191028.jpg
20240321_191458.jpg

Wow...how's the weight of it all so far? Lots of components inside that hull:eek::eek::cool::cool:
353137435_997236237958439_4742308367072764491_n.jpg

When I floated her last September, I had 19pds in her. Most of the weight was forward. So equal weight of 6pds is now spoken for in the stern. lets see how much weight i'll need in the bow. Believe me when I say Jo, Things go through my head so far in advance of the actual building. Then I second guess myself and say, ok where did I F up. lol

Here’s my question—is Hooper’s gray undershirt a T shirt? I just ordered the Brody head and I may just use Quint’s pants and the gray shirt. The Neca Brody figure had him in his police uniform but on the boat he’s just wearing jeans and a t shirt.

Here’s my question—is Hooper’s gray undershirt a T shirt? I just ordered the Brody head and I may just use Quint’s pants and the gray shirt. The Neca Brody figure had him in his police uniform but on the boat he’s just wearing jeans and a t shirt.
Hoopers shirt was a sweatshirt, He wore two of them on the Orca. A Grey Sweatshirt and a Blue Sweatshirt. Neca didn't make his sweatshirt with sleeves. That was one thing I had to change on my Figures. What Brody head did you go with? Here are some of the 14 Jaws figures I've put together.
299364731_10158453481216793_8896054549325724914_n.jpg
all hoopers.jpg

Last edited:
I've never be satisfied with smoke generators...always looks off. Not to criticize your work, far from it, but I would try other ways to generate that smoke:unsure::( more in tune with a miniature smoke bomb.

I've never be satisfied with smoke generators...always looks off. Not to criticize your work, far from it, but I would try other ways to generate that smoke:unsure::( more in tune with a miniature smoke bomb.
Naw, I'm sticking with this one. Yes it's oil based and stinks in an enclosed area, but it has smoke volume, variable smoke like I've never seen out of any other smoke generator. Remember the video was made a basement with no air movement.

Smoke tends to have a scaling problem. Like water splashes & droplets, fire flames, billowing dust clouds, etc.

I wonder if a more 'pulsed' output would help the realism of a miniature exhaust pipe. Like a rotating prop in the pipe or something that alternates between blocking & opening the airflow.

Smoke tends to have a scaling problem. Like water splashes & droplets, fire flames, billowing dust clouds, etc.

I wonder if a more 'pulsed' output would help the realism of a miniature exhaust pipe. Like a rotating prop in the pipe or something that alternates between blocking & opening the airflow.
There's a few YouTube videos on how to make smoke bomb on a small scale...different colors can also be achieved.;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back