Murdochs War-Patriot WIP-On hold.

Re: Murdochs War-Patriot WIP

:wacko Well this is a pickle. lol It's been awile since i've used one of these. Shoulder in pain, must go on. Do it for the build.:lol Hopefully done today, we'll see...GM

Thanx for the words man are you talking about cutting metal? Because i've been drilling a hole as you can see in the pic and using a jewellers saw. I will keep an eye out for your build, looking foward to seeing it...GM

O_O you're using metal awesome. Oh I see the saw now, I was wondering. Is the star made of a metal? Because the scuff from here looks metal-ish.

I'm making mine out of cardboard. So no metal.

O_O you're using metal awesome. Oh I see the saw now, I was wondering. Is the star made of a metal? Because the scuff from here looks metal-ish.

I'm making mine out of cardboard. So no metal.

Yeah it's aluminum alright. Once it is all cleaned up, i originally thought of going high polished. Now i may go with a sand blasted with a coating. I just got word that if i heated the metal with a torch and quench it in oil that it will turn black. So now i will have to do a couple of sample pieces in said finishes. I will post results for comparison...GM

So after i have the star cut and set i will be working on the shoulders. Still playing with designs ideas but i know that i want them to be beefy and that i want them to have full mobility. I'm thinking a spring mechanism so that they return to their original place...GM

Well i had to get a deeper saw, but i am near finished cutting. Then i have to clean it up. My next post should have a better cleaner pic of my arc...GM

Wow that's an interesting take on the arc mate, it'll be good to see it all in place and lit up :D.

Wow that's an interesting take on the arc mate, it'll be good to see it all in place and lit up :D.

Thanx man. I ran into a snag with the cutting and now i have no center piece. But i thought i would take a mental break from that and work on the arm. Hoping to start today...GM

Crap!!!!! I had just printed and cut the forearm, started glueing. Tried a dry fit and what. It don't fit. Damn, i had measured to what i had thought was right but no. Try again on the weekend...GM:cry

Has anyone ran into this. I measured correctly but i can't seem to get my hand in. I thought if i put the paper together and do a dry fit on a larger scale ofcourse...GM

I can't help with your fit issues, but where did you get the foam you're using? Do you have a Canadian supplier you can recommend? I'd like to try an Iron Man build at some point in the future and am looking for a good place to get supplies.

Loving the design so far! I definitely want to keep an eye on this build!

I can't help with your fit issues, but where did you get the foam you're using? Do you have a Canadian supplier you can recommend? I'd like to try an Iron Man build at some point in the future and am looking for a good place to get supplies.

Loving the design so far! I definitely want to keep an eye on this build!

Yeah i just get it from Canadian Tire $29.99 1/4in thick. Walmart has the square tiles 2"X 2" X 1/2 but wait on that till you see a sale, i think reg price is $17. but i got it on sale for $8. for a 4 pack...GM

Awesome, thanks! And yay for getting the fit sorted! I hope to see more pics soon. :)

I have all but finished the arms. 80% i'd say but i am waiting on info before i'm done. I was at work Friday playing with a piece of aluminum. I had annealed it and put a 90° bend into it without it cracking. Now is it possible to make an aluminum hand? Well i'd like to find out. I thought if i had printed the pep for the hand and used spray adhesive on the metal cut it out and shape it. Weld where need be. What do you guys think? GM

God I love mash ups, great work so far!

Have you thought of altering the cover on the chest for the Arc to look like an Air Force star since the War Machine suit was claimed by the Air Force in IM2?
550433_473516006027774_92391802_n.jpg

This is a pic of a possible design that i had come up with. What do you guys think? GM

Attachments

• 2013-05-04 22.18.27.jpg
    2013-05-04 22.18.27.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 145
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back