Indy on a budget

No, the new buttons look a completely different colour to the advertised ones ... but given the length of time it took for me to pick them up and the word way colours look on a phone ... I can't really be bothered to send them back.

Looking at screen shots from The Last Crusade, including ones on the auction website, Indy's shirt has similar English Rim buttons to the first two films:

View attachment 1794211

View attachment 1794212

View attachment 1794210

Which suggests that shirt they're auctioning as "Harrison Ford's Last Crusade shirt" may not be screen used.

Or at least the buttons weren't.

I haven't gone through every scene, but then he has a jacket and tie on for most of the film so you can't really see them.
Definitely looks like the auction shirt wasn't in any of the scenes shown at the very least. Not a match. I was pretty certain that you had shown the proof pics before and these in scenes are all the same style and do not match the auction item.

Button update!

These arrived today:

1000019840.jpg

Which although they aren't exactly the right shape, I think the colour is the closest I'm going to get.

Against the shirt under yellow light:

1000019835.jpg

And under white light:

1000019837.jpg

And the obligatory collage with the screen used buttons:

1000019839.jpg

And ... yeah, okay. Still not perfect, but I think this will do. Maybe now I can stop obsessing over buttons and move on with my life?

Please?

I've no idea why this detail has been so important to me when other aspects are so hideously wrong.
If anything strikes a familiar chord in prop and costume replication, across all costumers, it is falling down the button hole. We all do it. Just like Alice, once you return, you aren't quite sure it was real or why in fact it should be.

I have a friend, local, that paid 114 for one button. Pretty sure it was a vampire outfit match for Lestat.

If anything strikes a familiar chord in prop and costume replication, across all costumers, it is falling down the button hole. We all do it. Just like Alice, once you return, you aren't quite sure it was real or why in fact it should be.

I have a friend, local, that paid 114 for one button. Pretty sure it was a vampire outfit match for Lestat.
That's a hell of a button!

Speaking of Indy Shirt buttons I have some equivalents available if you're still looking. Not $114.00 a button (though being a stickler for accuracy/ authenticity I totally understand the willingness to pay that much).

I can sell them direct to you as well, and skip Ebay altogether if you're interested. These are nice quality, but very inexpensive.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back