Murdochs War-Patriot WIP-On hold.

Re: Murdochs War-Patriot WIP- New helmet WIP

I really love this build! its such an interesting bitta work!

Hey thanx man. Working a bit on it after my real job lol. I live in an apartment so the fumes force me to do things at work. My supplies are running low and i'll need to wait for some funds. I hope to post something soon though...GM

Hey thanx man. Working a bit on it after my real job lol. I live in an apartment so the fumes force me to do things at work. My supplies are running low and i'll need to wait for some funds. I hope to post something soon though...GM

I know that feel i ran outta funds for my current build there recently. I'm getting more money soon but for now i'm dead in the water

So i had sent an email to Bondo, expressing the importance of having a squeeze tube for their product. Hopefully i hear from them. As i find that i lose 1/5 of bondo per can i use. Now just waiting for some cash. Come-on cash, i know you're there. I can smell it. Lol GM

2013-07-14 09.11.10.jpg2013-07-14 09.11.32.jpg2013-07-14 09.11.24.jpg Hey everyone, as i await funds for more supplies i thought i would try my hand at mig welding lol. Now with a background in gold smithing i thought it would just come natural. Did i mention that i was wrong lol. Anyway in the pic i had used a piece of steel, size .062 of an inch. I had the arc set at 65 amps and this is what i came up with on my first try, crude to say the least. I'd like to hone the skills to eventually make the gloves. If you have exp. in welding and can offer up some tips i would be greatful, in the mean time i'm going to PM Samurai169 and get his take on it...GM

Last edited:

View attachment 207925View attachment 207923View attachment 207924 Hey everyone, as i await funds for more supplies i thought i would try my hand at mig welding lol. Now with a background in gold smithing i thought it would just come natural. Did i mention that i was wrong lol. Anyway in the pic i had used a piece of steel, size .062 of an inch. I had the arc set at 65 amps and this is what i came up with on my first try, crude to say the least. I'd like to hone the skills to eventually make the gloves. If you have exp. in welding and can offer up some tips i would be greatful, in the mean time i'm going to PM Samurai169 and get his take on it...GM

Been there my friend. Lol just keep trying. The thin stuff is hard to get a good weld. My first welds turned out very similar. Are you clamping the ends in place? I use visegrips so the section I'm welding remains true. Also when you're welding how does it sound. I know that sounds like a wired question but you should be hearing a sizzling sound not poping. Thin metal has a tendency to burn thru as you can see on the one end that can be fixed by re welding that area. I have two suggestions besides what I've typed for you. 1 practice practice practice welding is truly a art form but as with everything the more you do the better you will become at it. 2 check out you tube there are some helpfull how to for beginners on there that will help to show you the proper angle to hold the gun tip at etc. I hope that helps a bit. Keep welding it does get better with every weld.

you have to be rather quick welding thin stuff or you will end up cutting through your stock and gumming up your wire feed. I welded aluminum for a sign and awning shop for a couple of years and it definitely takes a LOT of practice to get it just right.

Hey thanx guys. I'm going to source out a welders mask. The one at work is on a stick and i find it a hassle. But i will most definately be trying more...GM

Hello everyone, it's been a while. So i am puting this one on hold. I had decided to go with a resin build, as i have found myself drawn to some of these amazing pieces that you all are doing. A new thread for this one will come shortly. So keep an eye out for my War-Patriot MK2. Thanx for all your support and wisdom on this one...GM

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back