Supposedly the writer for Dr Strange Multiverse and season 1 Loki writer, Michael Waldron has been hired.

Secret wars was a waste of time back in the 80's. It turns out that a Galactus level character desired to understand what desire was. Yes, that was the foundation of the entire series. 12 books. One full year.

Then, they did a sequel!

The had a deal with Mattel before they had their own toy company and sold action figures. SW 2 did not do well enough to even make their first female action figure in the series.

So, let's make movies this time!

LoL

Last edited:
I’m burned out on super hero movies and content. It’s become a Lucy working the chocolate factory conveyor belt, at this point.

eat i love lucy GIF

The only thing that was memorable about Secret Wars, for me, was somewhat smelly and softly detailed action figures with strange lenticular shields with images of their secret identities on them.

299F979B-8E4B-4294-A27A-6ED0DADCA6BD.jpeg

Secret wars was a waste of time back in the 80's. It turns out that a Galactus level character desired to understand what desire was. Yes, that was the foundation of the entire series. 12 books. One full year.

Then, they did a sequel!

The had a deal with Mattel before they had their own toy company and sold action figures. 2 did not do well enough to even make their first female action figure in the series.

So, let's make movies this time!

LoL
Wasn't Secret Wars rushed out because DC had been working on Crisis? Advertising Crisis. Pushing how Crisis was going to be a HUGE DEAL. Marvel realized DC was working on something epic, so they rushed out Secret Wars and, atleast ininitially, it outdid Crisis.

It *has* to be different, like Venom isn't new, I just hope it is good. Krasinski as Reed, just don't suck

SW was the original origin of Venom. On the cobbled-together "Beyonder world", Spiderman found a Spidey suit vending machine that could only make the Spider WOMAN suit design.

So, that is how the symbiote came into existence.

Venom eventually wanted his own spin-off and the rest is history.

The action figures were the standard well sculpted Mattel fare, but the articulation was Kenner Star Wars level from 10 years before.
Ah, yes, very well sculpted, indeed, with excellent paint apps ;) :

331E9DEE-45DB-48F0-956E-B3EBE9685D6F.jpeg

Their best figure was Venom Spider-Man…which was pretty much an all-black figure.

ED02FC3F-5176-42FF-A369-9CF4955F5A26.jpeg

We’ve all seen pictures that we can “hear”.

Well, these pictures I can “smell”…these were the most pungent figures I ever opened as a kid.

Maybe they can model it off the "New Universe"!!!

Bring back ol Spitfire and we can all hear the Jim Shooter speech where we all laugh like Wilma and Betty everytime he uses the word "credible."

Attachments

• SpitfireTroubleshooters1.jpg
    SpitfireTroubleshooters1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 67
  • hanna-barbera-cartoon-network.gif
    hanna-barbera-cartoon-network.gif
    327.6 KB · Views: 60

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back