Logan's Run ---- Life Clock

lifeclock 4.jpg

Round on one side, pointy on the other. Wish we had a hero crystal to look at.

I also recommend i.materialize. They offer a truly transparent print material (some type of resin) with much higher detail that what you can achieve with Shapeways' semi-transparent material, and I had my 2-inch crystal printed for the same price as your 1-inch crystal. Plus, they offer numerous color tints for the transparent materials.

Since this object is a master, you might consider getting them to print something in a very high detail, less expensive opaque material.

attachment.php

Materials » High detail resin[/h]This one from iMaterialise is opaque but says smaller detail than their clear resin. It's also cheaper than their clear resin.

Thought I might provide some high-detail reference images of the crystals I bought in the 90s. Turns out the photos show what pieces of crap those were: there are even embedded hairs in the copies.

6 colors.jpgyellow CU.jpg

19narvik40 How about the change to the 12 o'clock structure ? I made it rounded on the outside, but sharp pointing towards the center.

Last edited by a moderator:
lifeclock 5.jpg................lifeclock 6.jpg

Okay. These are the newest sculpts. We seem to be making gradual progress. Which is good.

Keep up the feedback.

Once this is printed, do you think the NSEW points will be as sharp as illustrated? I keep thinking is they were that size but somehow blunted at the point would work better. My opinion only, what say you all?

Here's the thing. My original sculpt was the "extra's" crystal. It is totally blunt on all the outside edges because it had to sit directly on their palm and they didn't want it to dig in.

Then we switched to the hero crystal with shaper edges on the whole crystal. The hero crystal would have had the palm appliance to protect the points from digging into the palm.

The sharper crystal edges in the last sculpt would be more accurate than trying to blunt them. :unsure

Apollo, do you know of any other pictures that are out there for the crystal or maybe site that has photos of yours?

You mean them I have a whole set they are around some where but I don't do pics sorry, when I put down my camera years ago that was it for me.

There are pics out there of them the Green one is a fair example of what they looked like

We really need to see some large clear images form the movie. Does anyone have a Blu-Ray edition they can refer to. may see if a better image can be captured from the disk?

Here's the thing. My original sculpt was the "extra's" crystal. It is totally blunt on all the outside edges because it had to sit directly on their palm and they didn't want it to dig in.

Then we switched to the hero crystal with shaper edges on the whole crystal. The hero crystal would have had the palm appliance to protect the points from digging into the palm.

The sharper crystal edges in the last sculpt would be more accurate than trying to blunt them. :unsure

logans-run(1976)_3041crop.jpg

A better version of this one would be good. If you look at the Top edge, it is practically a picket fence. It is clear that the edge consists of many sharp points.

lifeclock center.pngI still think it's incorrect to have a central disk, from which all the points project. In the side shot I can see a round disk, with the crystals sticking up out of it from the sides and the top, like they are embedded in a central coin. Even in my crappiest copies I have seen no trace of such a central disk.

Also, you have a circular bump in the center of the top, when I believe it should be a tiny pyramid, surrounded by four larger ones, each of its corner points touching the inner points of each larger pyramid.

Last edited:
That is what I was so ineptly trying to relate to you, thank you, didn't think of picket fences. Anyhoo, we can all see that the North, East, West and South points are indeed points.

View attachment 587612

A better version of this one would be good. If you look at the Top edge, it is practically a picket fence. It is clear that the edge consists of many sharp points.

- - - Updated - - -

A pyramid is intriguing, what do you say jintosh?

I still think it's incorrect to have a central disk, from which all the points project. In the side shot I can see a round disk, with the crystals sticking up out of it from the sides and the top, like they are embedded in a central coin. Even in my crappiest copies I have seen no trace of such a central disk.

Also, you have a circular bump in the center of the top, when I believe it should be a tiny pyramid, surrounded by four larger ones, each of its corner points touching the inner points of each larger pyramid.

lifeclock 7.jpg............................lifeclock 8.jpg

Yeah, I'll go with a central pyramid.

In the second picture, should I taper the bottom of the petal....kinda like the smaller petal next to it ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back