Dune Part 2 Water of Life decanter

ZRE1990

I’d assume it was made for the film but thought I’d ask if anyone has info on it? It’s such a cool piece. My best bet is to probably have it modeled to print.
IMG_9925.jpeg
IMG_9924.jpeg

It looks like it is or was inspired by a Moroccan/Moorish perfume/sprinkler bottle.
Oh awesome, thank you! You’re absolutely correct. I was confident “decanter” wasn’t the right term when I made this post to begin with but went with it haha

It was also my favorite costume in the film. I’m so glad that concept art exists. I’ve gotta find someone who can 3D model this ornate gilded work on the bottle.
IMG_9964.png

I’ll have to get my hands on the Dune part 2 art book because there’s a fantastic piece of concept art for it
IMG_9969.jpeg

I believe that prop was created from a 'long neck flat bottom flask' made for scientific use. The neck decoration can be achieved with a simple glass engraver such as the small Proxxon tool.

You can find all different sizes and neck lengths to get the perfect screen match as well. They can get expensive for higher quality versions, but for recreating this prop you can go cheap and get them under $20 for sure.

The rest of the ornate gold bits could be 3D printed like you said. These could probably be batched out pretty easily since those flasks are often sold in multi packs. Really cool prop!

This one doesn't quite have the same neck length, but I chose this picture for obvious reasons:

flatbottomflask.jpg

I believe that prop was created from a 'long neck flat bottom flask' made for scientific use. The neck decoration can be achieved with a simple glass engraver such as the small Proxxon tool.

You can find all different sizes and neck lengths to get the perfect screen match as well. They can get expensive for higher quality versions, but for recreating this prop you can go cheap and get them under $20 for sure.

The rest of the ornate gold bits could be 3D printed like you said. These could probably be batched out pretty easily since those flasks are often sold in multi packs. Really cool prop!

This one doesn't quite have the same neck length, but I chose this picture for obvious reasons:

View attachment 1800042
Yes thanks! After looking at a ton of different types of vases I also landed specifically on science flasks. volumetric flasks have a good shape to them. Longer necks but would just need to cut it down some.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back