Logan's Run ---- Life Clock

lifeclock 10.jpg

Alright, we're getting close. Do we want to round off the bottom edge ?

just my two cent's. not worth one. whats up with the dome shape? I lay my palm flat and a nickle or quarter rest just fine being flat...

Trust me Sean, I've glued enough stuff to myself (don't go there) to know. If you plan to have your hand stretched out the entire time you are wearing it, flat is fine. Let your hand relax at your side or on a table and you will see there is a bowl if you will in the center of your hand. The dome shape will fit into that bowl far better than a flat one.

just my two cent's. not worth one. whats up with the dome shape? I lay my palm flat and a nickle or quarter rest just fine being flat...

Trust me Sean, I've glued enough stuff to myself (don't go there) to know. If you plan to have your hand stretched out the entire time you are wearing it, flat is fine. Let your hand relax at your side or on a table and you will see there is a bowl if you will in the center of your hand. The dome shape will fit into that bowl far better than a flat one.

Good enough for me. I just want one to display with nicksdad's flame gun. well two. I will have two guns then...

You can get those lifecast kits are Michaels or any major arts & crafts stores. They are dead easy to use.

Sound's cool. I kinda leave the casting up to the professionals here tho. That Is one to think about tho. thanks ...

- - - Updated - - -

Can you deepen the dome just a bit more, maybe a millimeter or two?

View attachment 587875

It will have a SLIGHTLY curved bottom.

Well I think It looks perfect! press that send button or whatever Is going to get this show on the road. hey i'm and old fart and not getting any younger..:lol

My take on the palm crystal, and comparing all the different poorly molded crystals I have:

-The original from which these were molded wasn't evenly proportioned (but my model will be.) On all of mine, the inner pyramids are not correctly centered with the outer crystals, they are offset.

-Seems to me there are 8 evenly spaced, identically sized square pyramids making up the outside crystals.

-In between these are 4 sets of mirrored crystals. I'm still trying to figure these out.

-In the very center there seems to be a very small pyramid, surrounded by 4 pyramids touching each of the smaller pyramid's corners. These are all set on a flat plane (which I've marked on this shot in green.)

-The bottoms of the valleys between the outer crystals all level with this plane, but it doesn't look like there are flat areas between the crystals: that seems to be an artifact of bad casting.

More later as this progresses.

View attachment 588676Ken's crystal v02 2015.png

Last edited:
lifeclock 13.jpg

Epoxinator's drawing persuaded me to make the in-between crystals more square. :D

NOW, I'm sending it off.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back