Lighted moebius galactica. ** DONE**

Re: Lighted moebius galactica.

I've been following this build since the first post and it came out awesome! The museum glass turned out excellent, looks just like the show. Hell, all these shots look like they come from the show. I hope mine turns out half as good as yours!

Thanks for all the kind words, And thanks to all the aftermarket people who help make this come out like it did.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I was messing with a couple more shots today just for ha-ha's .Check them out.

046-6.jpg

053-2.jpg

That looks so awesome man. Especially with that small armada of battlestars' you have going on here!

One question though, where's the Basestar in all this!

I have had various people ask me for a better description on weathering with shoe polish a method that i use one some of my ships so i made a little video of the process you can see it here:
YouTube - 001

Nice! Love the Valkryie and Pegasus in there. Really gives the impression of how big the beast is to the bucket!

It was suggested to tone it down a little with a pastel dust so I took the advice and dusted it with a pastel powder although the camera don't catch it that well, it looks a lot better in person.

018-2.jpg

013-7.jpg

020-6.jpg

Love it! Can't wait to get started on mine.

BTW, where did you get that Pegasus kit? I can't imagine why the Moebius BSG is only $40 and the Pegasus is around $180. Surely there's a cheaper one?

This is a true work of art. I can't imagine having the talent & the patience to pull something like this off.

BRAVO. :eek:thumbsup

Love it! Can't wait to get started on mine.

BTW, where did you get that Pegasus kit? I can't imagine why the Moebius BSG is only $40 and the Pegasus is around $180. Surely there's a cheaper one?

The Pegasus kit is resin and therefor more expensive. Resin general goes for $10 per inch. So $185 is less than what i paid when it 1st came out. The only way you could get a cheaper one is if some would make a polystyrene kit out of it like the galactica.

Makes complete sense. Just getting into models, so I'm still in the learning stages. Well, advanced models. I have plenty, but they are all level 1 and 2. Never actually tried anything too challenging. I'm hoping this will be worth the time and money ;)

The Pegasus kit is resin and therefor more expensive. Resin general goes for $10 per inch. So $185 is less than what i paid when it 1st came out. The only way you could get a cheaper one is if some would make a polystyrene kit out of it like the galactica.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back