Moebius can't call this Viper an "egg".

Today's update involves a couple items. By a couple, I really mean three-ish. Four-ish? Anyhow, they are making some clear windows since I opened up the canopy:

DSCN0644.jpg

DSCN0645.jpg

DSCN0646.jpg

Which ended up alright? Alright as I could get it anyway.

DSCN0647.jpg

Next, covering up that "flaw" I saw a couple posts back just behind the top engine cowl, the little recess where the screen was showing:

DSCN0648.jpg

DSCN0649.jpg

Then, the making of some doodles and noodles for that exposed upper engine section seen on the show Viper:

DSCN0650.jpg

DSCN0651.jpg

DSCN0652.jpg

DSCN0653.jpg

So looks like final tally is three-ish. This is detail on that engine is included in most Mark II Viper models so I don't know why it was left blank on this one just because it's a "toon" type model.

Rob.

Yup! You’ve done such a nice job upping the detail in other areas, those were starting to look a little plain.

Ok, Thanks to Duncanator, I have this broken back apart like I'm at the start. My advice for anyone who would follow what I'm doing, do fuselage side work on this model first. It was very tough to try and removed any of this while it was still together, so I busted it all back up.

DSCN0661.jpg

DSCN0662.jpg

I'm having trouble finding a straight on shot of this area. If anyone has one, or even a model of this that could take a picture and post it, please chunk it in here for me? The closer the better.

Rob.

I'm having trouble finding a straight on shot of this area. If anyone has one, or even a model of this that could take a picture and post it, please chunk it in here for me? The closer the better.

Rob.
I thought I had some decent refs for the side of the MkII full-size prop, but this is all I got:

Attachments

• 2011 Battlestar Galactica Viper Mark II_BSG exhibition in Sea 00.jpg
    2011 Battlestar Galactica Viper Mark II_BSG exhibition in Sea 00.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 2011 Battlestar Galactica Viper Mark II_BSG exhibition in Sea 01.jpg
    2011 Battlestar Galactica Viper Mark II_BSG exhibition in Sea 01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • 2011 Battlestar Galactica Viper Mark II_BSG exhibition in Sea 2.jpg
    2011 Battlestar Galactica Viper Mark II_BSG exhibition in Sea 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • PDVD_000.jpg
    PDVD_000.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 20
  • PDVD_014.jpg
    PDVD_014.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 27
Thank you Mr. Joe! I'm having a tough time finding anything showing a straight on shot. I've found a couple devianart orthos I'm having to use, but one has to do what one has to do.

If I may, Where was y'all speaking?

Here's what I'm having to use, but it don't look bad?

sidegun.jpg

Viper_Mk_II_orthos.jpg

51701500_1091562831049619_4796156452928487424_n.jpg

Rob.

Where was I speaking? Not exactly sure what you mean, my ref pics are either from the web, or screencaps I made from the dvd sets. We are talking about the exposed equipment bay along both fuselage sides of the MkII, right? :) The 3 (or 4, some changes amongst in-service gear are normal, right?) retaining pieces at the rear of the exposed equipment bay seems to be *within* the bay rather than exposed but other than that, all the other pics seem to be pretty consistent on the details.

Last edited:
Where was I speaking? Not exactly sure what you mean, my ref pics are either from the web, or screencaps I made from the dvd sets. We are talking about the exposed equipment bay along both fuselage sides of the MkII, right? :) The 3 retaining pieces at the rear of the exposed equipment bay seems to be *within* the bay rather than exposed but other than that, all the other pics seem to be pretty consistent on the details.

What I mean is, I thought that was YOU in the middle of them folks in that first picture holdin' the mic. If it ain't, I missed.

Yes, the area just behind the lasers on the fuselage.

sideguna.jpg

Rob.

Ha! Humor! No, the gent in the middle is Tahmoh Penikett, played the character 'Helo' and was Boomer's RIO. I'm not near as pretty, but my wife says otherwise:

Attachments

• 2012 05-25-12 DSC08875 by Cireskul  01.jpg
    2012 05-25-12 DSC08875 by Cireskul 01.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 16
The 3 (or 4, some changes amongst in-service gear are normal, right?) retaining pieces at the rear of the exposed equipment bay seems to be *within* the bay rather than exposed but other than that, all the other pics seem to be pretty consistent on the details.

Yes, I'm going "within". The differences I can find on that are only model related. Revell seems to have gone with "outies" and the Moebius went "innies". Before I chopped a big ol' hole in the side of this one, it was all in, so at least Moebius stayed consistent.

Rob.

I love what you are doing with this. What a fun project!
I imagine you'll be adding details to the side fuselage recesses next.

Alright. Different.

Here's what we had:

fuse.jpg

Here's now what we got:

DSCN0663.jpg

DSCN0665.jpg

Y'all, this was tough. This is one of those things that, even though it looks rough and I'm not 100% satisfied with it, I better leave it alone because trying to make it any better ain't working, but making it worse works VERY well. Those areas where the slats are is actually cut outs with the fins sticking through a shaped piece of plastic that looks like a skeleton's rib cage before I shove the slats through. Of course, those ribs tried to break loose every time I touched them and the spacing was very hard to try and get the same. One side is ever so slightly different than the other side, but like I said...

I better stop and leave it just like it is.

Good, bad, better or not.

Y'all think it looks any better? Y'all know me by now, so blast me.

Rob.

Considering the 'cartoon' nature of this kit (which I have in the stash) anyone expecting show realistic extras should really take a step back. It is your kit and you can do it up any which way you want and everyone else can go pound sand, simple as that.

Considering the 'cartoon' nature of this kit (which I have in the stash) anyone expecting show realistic extras should really take a step back. It is your kit and you can do it up any which way you want and everyone else can go pound sand, simple as that.

Well, everything you said is a fact. I agree, just not completely 100% and let's not just run toward the sand pounding area. We have a fella pounding sand for us already and if he thinks we're all interested in that job, he'll ask for a raise. He misses alotta time, but he does brang donuts some Friday's, so try not to crowd in on him.

Although a fact, I would 100% agree, IF, I didn't post it all in the open like this on a forum and then ask for folks's opinions/suggestions/comments/criticism and critique. I'm thankful for everyone that stops by and looks at what I do amongst all the folks here with real talent and skills! No matter what they expect to see, I can depress you or want to say, I can make a joke. I say, drop by and talk on a "discussion" forum.

Rob.

Well, everything you said is a fact. I agree, just not completely 100% and let's not just run toward the sand pounding area. We have a fella pounding sand for us already and if he thinks we're all interested in that job, he'll ask for a raise. He misses alotta time, but he does brang donuts some Friday's, so try not to crowd in on him.

Although a fact, I would 100% agree, IF, I didn't post it all in the open like this on a forum and then ask for folks's opinions/suggestions/comments/criticism and critique. I'm thankful for everyone that stops by and looks at what I do amongst all the folks here with real talent and skills! No matter what they expect to see, I can depress you or want to say, I can make a joke. I say, drop by and talk on a "discussion" forum.

Rob.
Well said me old son, well said indeed. I certainly wouldn't want to put the chap out of work especially if he does bring in donuts some Fridays. Some folk take things a bit too seriously, including myself. I personally think you are doing a cracking job on the kit and salute your willingness to pimp the ride as it were.

Don

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back