Moebius can't call this Viper an "egg".

Eagle-1

Sr Member
A Moebius "Super-Deformed" Mark II Viper. They couldn't call it an "egg" because Hasegawa has that line, but is most certainly an egg type model. It's been out a little while, so I'm sure many here have seen this? I'll be doing a little modifying of this to add more "studio" details to it.

Here's some box art and what you get in the box:

DSCN0165.jpg

DSCN0542.jpg

DSCN0166.jpg

DSCN0167.jpg

DSCN0168.jpg

DSCN0169.jpg

I plan to modify this a little to add some details from the Viper from the show. It'll still be an egg, so it will never be 100%, but I hope to have it look a little better on display. Some what more like this:

Viper Mark II.jpg

Rob.

I started out by modifying the wings just a tad. They needed a little reshaping and some material added here and there. The guns didn't line up exactly like they are on the show Viper, so some alignment had to be tweaked as well, so I removed the lasers.

Here's that effort:

DSCN0173.jpg

DSCN0173added.jpg

Original box wings:

DSCN0175.jpg

My hacked up wings:

DSCN0178.jpg

The way they was:

DSCN0178a.jpg

They way the will be:

DSCN0179.jpg

I think they came out alright?

Rob.

Next, lookin' down the sucker-inner part of the intakes, they are much more recessed on the show than this model, so I gave 'em a little more scoop.

Stock:

DSCN0181.jpg

Now with more scoopage. I also added that little pointy nub thingy.

DSCN0182.jpg

Although barely noticeable, I gave each blade an angle that they didn't have before.

DSCN0183.jpg

Moving right along.

Rob.

There is a much more recessed engine hole with a fair amount of detail inside that looks nice on the show Viper. Wanting to add some of that later, I removed the original section so that I could fix something in there later. That hole is in a little different place on the show Viper, so I adjusted that too. Also here, you can see I've removed the engine vane ring so that I can help those out later too.

DSCN0184.jpg

Rob.

Getting ready to start putting left and right sections together, I, usually remove any locater pins and nubs. It helps me get a much bettert alignment and I hear folks mention how bad these usually are, so I generally get rid of them:

DSCN0172.jpg

Rob.

Started working on the engines. To me, this area needs a fair bit of work.

Stock pieces:

DSCN0197.jpg

DSCN0198.jpg

DSCN0199.jpg

DSCN0200.jpg

Made up some of them points stickin' out the middle. I saw 'em on some reference somewhere. I think. Either way, mine gots points now.
DSCN0203.jpg

DSCN0201.jpg

DSCN0202.jpg

It looks better to me.

Rob.

This one catches up with where I'm at with this build. Fixed up the under nose scoop a little:

DSCN0641.jpg

On a couple reference pictures, I see 4 holes. I like 'em, so I added 'em:

DSCN0633.jpg

Now, finishing up the rear engine section. I used this as reference:

rear.jpg

Starting to wrap this up now:

DSCN0632.jpg

DSCN0634.jpg

DSCN0635.jpg
DSCN0636.jpg

DSCN0637.jpg

DSCN0638.jpg

DSCN0639.jpg

DSCN0640.jpg

Critique, comments, suggestions are always welcome!

Rob.

Being a comical design, I wouldn't fret with the details---but those wings...I bet if you were to make a Miranda-prise with a Reliant atop the 1/537 Refit E....the wings could go in place of the Reliant warp-pylon slot...I instantly saw "aft firing megaphasers."

The "pug cute" nose?
Give the side view a one-quarter turn and imagine it cut away from the cockpit---I see a squat tower...with Maximilian inside.

The parts alone make this bash fodder.

There was an outsized fandom book called AMBERSTAR where a Viper was turned into a blaster.

Last edited:
I love what you are doing with this. What a fun project!
I imagine you'll be adding details to the side fuselage recesses next.

Being a comical design, I wouldn't fret with the details---but those wings...I bet if you were to make a Miranda-prise with a Reliant atop the 1/537 Refit E....the wings could go in place of the Reliant warp-pylon slot...I instantly saw "aft firing megaphasers."

The "pug cute" nose?
Give the side view a one-quarter turn and imagine it cut away from the cockpit---I see a squat tower...with Maximilian inside.

The parts alone make this bash fodder.

There was an outsized fandom book called AMBERSTAR where a Viper was turned into a blaster.

Thank you for stopping by! You don't like it? What about it you don't like? The whole thing or something I can change?

I love what you are doing with this. What a fun project!
I imagine you'll be adding details to the side fuselage recesses next.

Thank you! I would certainly add some fuselage details in those recesses and really want to, but it all matches pretty well from what I can find of the show ship. Give me some suggestions! What do you think I oughta do in there? Would you happen to have a good picture of in there?

Rob.

Oh I like it immensely--I'm just one who sees ship models as parts and parts of cast off junk as ships...funny that way. I found an old vacuum cleaner and took it apart for a future project...if I get any time.

Oh I like it immensely--I'm just one who sees ship models as parts and parts of cast off junk as ships...funny that way. I found an old vacuum cleaner and took it apart for a future project...if I get any time.

Ah! Gotcha! Post your vacuum cleaner when you make it, I wanna see.

Rob.

Yup! You’ve done such a nice job upping the detail in other areas, those were starting to look a little plain.

Thank you.

Hmm... I'm not too sure about "upping any details", but now that I'm looking at those side areas, they just might need sumthin', huh?

Rob.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back