Lighted moebius galactica. ** DONE**

Re: Lighted moebius galactica.

Did some detail painting today. And found a spot on the engines that needed a little more detail. Broke off my antenna in the front upper head piece ( don't no when found it missing so be careful) and lost it had to make one ,new that would happen, and i also forgot to put in my museum windows in the starboard landing bay so i worked on putting them in- (the hard way) so busy building the model that i forgot them. This will be the last post for a while until i get my decals in so i can finish it off ( should be late week to early next week).

007-3.jpg

008-1.jpg

003.jpg

011-5.jpg

010.jpg

005-4.jpg

While i wait for my decals I'm working on how I'm going to fit all that, in that small space so i can close it up.

002.jpg

While i wait for my decals I'm working on how I'm going to fit all that, in that small space so i can close it up.

002.jpg

Can't wait to see it all together. Like I said, this is your best build yet. I've watched all your fleet construction over on the Propworx site and I greatly like how clean this build is. There's a crispness to it which looks more like the real deal. It's like the solid gray plate armor on the pods, which has no weathering it seems; that's a good thing. Keeping parts of the ship like that adds to the overall effect IMO. The lighting--well, that's just the "bee's knees" to borrow an old expression.

Cheers,

Guy

To my surprise my decals from Acreation came in today (fast shipping) so i did the hanger bay retraction sections and started to decal the bottom . So tomorrow when its dry i will shoot it with clear and than i can seal it up.

001-1.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

OK ,shes closed up now i cant believe that i fit all those wires in it( close call), still have some work to do but now it all lights up like its suppose to, here some early preliminary light shots.

001-2.jpg

002-1.jpg

004.jpg

005-1.jpg

009.jpg

008-1.jpg

006.jpg

007-1.jpg

Wow fantastic work. The lighting is perfect and I really like your weathering too. As someone else mentioned earlier, if love to see a little more of how you did it.

This afternoon progress: got the hole bottom decaled and started the top, the Acreation decal set really bring out the detail in the ship. If you use this set when you get to the top # 15 is not marked with a number but its right next to #32 on the sheet.They are 2 small pieces that go on the back low on the upper head piece.

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

Wow fantastic work. The lighting is perfect and I really like your weathering too. As someone else mentioned earlier, if love to see a little more of how you did it.

Hers what I do : I use black shoe polish, than what i do is use the foam applicator that comes on the top of the bottle and give the model a good wipe down( a small section at a time) to make sure i don't miss nothing and you don't want it to dry on there ,than before it drys i take a rag and wipe it off as much as i can. Its like staining a piece of wood.Than when whats left on it totally dry i take a piece of fine steel wool and hit the high spots, to bring out the detail.

Almost done. All decaled and painted tomorrow i will do the clear coat and that will be it, hears a few shot of it now- more tomorrow after its clear coated.

005-2.jpg

009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

017.jpg

A few more pics .I killed the battery for the lights so i have to buy one latter tonight.

023.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

020.jpg

019.jpg

Holy cow! Looks amazing.
Did the decals conform well to the surface? Did you use any decal setting solution or anything?

Its Done, these shots are none lighted shots. The lighted shots coming later today .

057.jpg

056.jpg

068.jpg

096.jpg

101.jpg

013-1.jpg

Last edited:

Looks really good. The decals are pretty cool too - I missed the news that Acreation was doing them but I'm not surprised. His decals are all pretty good.

I was gooing to use my dunking wash method that I used on Coby's little G, on this one but I think I might change my mind and snag the decals... may do a bit of both.

Thanks for posting the progress pics. I have my G box opened and fighting the urge to just glue it together as a "prototype" then build antoher "for real" later. The build up of your landing bays sold me on the photoetch too BTW... definitely picking up that sheet... :D

Jedi Dade

This is my Lighted Moebius Galactica that i just finished. I added to this kit Lights, (engines,landing bays,head piece, retraction bays) A PGMS Photo Etch kit, Timeslips Turret Gun replacements and a set of armor detail decals from Acreation. I also added a few details myself here and there. I have quite a few photos to show because i found it hard pick any less than what i did. If you look at the engines pictures you will see some shots with 4 lights on and some with 6, I put in a switch so i could control that option.

071.jpg

070.jpg

004-1.jpg

049.jpg

079.jpg

000_0387.jpg

000_0401.jpg

007-2.jpg

062.jpg

076.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

024-1.jpg

Landing Bay shots
093.jpg

088.jpg

103.jpg

000_0396.jpg

Head piece and retraction bays shots.
000_0397.jpg

065.jpg

090.jpg

091.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back