Jurassic Park Falls

Booked for the tour... 11/25/2011. Will be the highlight of my trip.

Brad, thanks for the info. I will need to see if I can do the kayaking. Can you see the IJ mountain from the main road?

I went back in 2001 and we used Blue Hawaii Helicopter. I do not remember there being any place to land the helicopter though. We never landed on the tour. I have pictures from the descent, but they were before I had a digital camera. My new scanner should be here by Friday. I'll post them once I can get it setup and scan the photos in.

-Eric

Here's a question: The NCL cruise departs Kahului at 6:00 PM. This is late November. It travels to Hilo, so I'm presuming it goes north around Maui.

Suppose I may be able to see this portion of the shoreline from the ship?

Specifically, has anyone done the NCL Hawaii cruise, and know how close to the the island coastlines the ship travels?

That rock is called Keopuka.

29x8590.jpg

Ill tell you the same thing I just told my close friend who just got to his island in peurto Rico...

Have fun, ya jerk! LOL!

Definitely jealous buddy! Take lots of pics. This sounds like an epic trip! :)

That would be funny!

I have my Grant's Claw and the Hammond Cane, both which appear in the helicopter in the film!

In that case you should have the JP theme music playing on your phone as you fly in. Lol ba baa babaaa.. baa baba babaa.... ( thats me singing the theme)

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk

Rob, the cruise travels pretty close to the islands and should go past Hana on it's way out, but unfortunately it's getting close to dark at 6pm in November and Kipahulu is around the corner. I am guessing the ship will up and around the Big Island.

Ok....I grew up on Maui and I had no idea those scenes were filmed on Maui....As much as Jurassic Park made an impact for the film industry in the islands, especially Kaua'i, and made the news constantly while filming, it seems those of us on Maui would have heard this. Not doubting it, just really surprised.

I'm going to Kauai in late November.

Apparently, there is only one helicopter tour outfit that actually lands at the falls, where you can approach on foot the site of the filming set.

Has anyone done this?

Contact Member Boomerjinks? He landed at the falls recently. He is the member with the Jurassic Park Jeep.

Rob, the cruise travels pretty close to the islands and should go past Hana on it's way out, but unfortunately it's getting close to dark at 6pm in November and Kipahulu is around the corner. I am guessing the ship will up and around the Big Island.

Ok....I grew up on Maui and I had no idea those scenes were filmed on Maui....As much as Jurassic Park made an impact for the film industry in the islands, especially Kaua'i, and made the news constantly while filming, it seems those of us on Maui would have heard this. Not doubting it, just really surprised.

Was hoping the "local expert" would chime in...! Yup - I had no idea either they used Maui. So effectively, Isla Nublar was comprised of at least three of the Hawaiin islands.

Re: Jurassic Park Falls - Helo Tour

Gettin' close...

Anybody take children on a helicopter ride? I've heard it can be frightening...

In that case you should have the JP theme music playing on your phone as you fly in. Lol ba baa babaaa.. baa baba babaa.... ( thats me singing the theme)

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk

If they aren't playing that and have a guy in the back, with a cane, that says "Welcome...to... Jurassic Park." then you're getting screwed. :lol

I'd do it.

I know I'm ressurrecting an old thread but with the new film approaching it felt right.

Has anyone else here done a Jurassic Park inspired trip? My wife and I went to Kauai and Oahu for our second year anniversary in November and hit as many spots as we could. The Island Helicopters tour was definitely the highlight of the trip and well worth the money. Anyone else get to experience this? Also wonder if the OP ever got to do it. Share your pics if you have any!

we plan to go back to Oahu after the new film releases to visit all the Jurassic World filming locations. I was lucky enough to see the Indominus paddock and Gyrosphere set on this last trip.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back