Guardians of the Galaxy

I seem to be the only one who thinks this, but I like Darth Maul's "What the hell?" reaction to the group being called Guardians of the Galaxy more than his "What a bunch of a-holes" reaction.

And the Marvel Studio tradition of posters continues. Main cast photoshopped together - check! Inconsistent lighting effect - check! Battle scene in the background - check!

Still making this my new work computer wallpaper though, probably the best marketing promo shot released thus far in spite of how I feel about Marvel Studio's poster efforts.

Those pistols Starlord is holding are kind of familiar, didn't they have twin barreled lasers like that in The Black Hole or was it some other older sci-fi movie?

The Star Wars comparison has been done to death over the years, but I honestly believe that in this case it's pretty spot on. Before SW, you had many people (including crew, cast, etc) believing it wasn't going to be very successful simply because of how weird and different the whole thing was. I mean, you had a tall gorilla looking character based on the directors pet dog, little hooded guys with light up eyes, a bad guy with a breathing condition...Here you have a walking tree, a green skinned assassin, and a talking racoon...I could make many more comparisons, but the bottom line is that it really looks and feels pretty original. And that's a good thing.

Personally, it's THE film I've been most excited about this year.

Jason

ggal3-guardians-of-the-galaxy-stills-leak-nova-prime-ronan.jpeg
ggal5-guardians-of-the-galaxy-stills-leak-nova-prime-ronan.jpeg

If there was a fourth teaser, I would watch it. I'm really excited for this movie. Imagine when Disney ramps up marketing for Episode VII !

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back