The ark of the covenant has been found!

Two very bizarre paintings since the Israelites didn't have the ark when they crossed the sea and they definitely did not bow down and worship it.

They later carried the Ark across the Jordan River, which was also parted. IIRC, when one of the people carrying the Ark stumbled on a wet stone, one of Aaron's sons reached out to steady the Ark, and he was struck dead instantly.

7ff403e8-8f1a-41eb-89fc-9e339fb07d53_text.gif

As for the worshiping, I believe the two cherubim on top are intended to create a seat back, for the spirit of the Lord to be sitting upon once inside the "Holiest of Holys" chamber in the Tabernacle (as shown by the curtains behind it). The priest and the High Priest are worshiping the presence of God, not the Ark itself.

Again, IIRC, the priests were also supposed to have ropes bound around their waists, so if they messed up with any of the prep and were struck dead, they could be pulled out from the outside of the HoH.

It's a known association. There's some discussion about it on the net.

The pic I posted is the Ark from king Tut's tomb. There are other Egyptian items around. But that one looks the most reminiscent of the Biblical object, at least out of the ones I've seen.

The Israelites made their own thing. But the raw concept of a box or statue as a portable sacred object? That wasn't unique to Israel. And carrying it on poles like that was common for practicality.

Define "in detail." The biblical instructions are surprisingly detailed but it's just words and numbers. They don't include 3D scans and a full greeblie list.

I'm just saying the existing Egyptian Arks are a better choice of reference (for historical accuracy) than a movie prop from 1981. The Israelites were heavily influenced by Egypt in general. Everybody in the area was at the time.
Thank you, I was reading all night about this dang thing

As for the worshiping, I believe the two cherubim on top are intended to create a seat back, for the spirit of the Lord to be sitting upon once inside the "Holiest of Holys" chamber in the Tabernacle (as shown by the curtains behind it). The priest and the High Priest are worshiping the presence of God, not the Ark itself.

Again, IIRC, the priests were also supposed to have ropes bound around their waists, so if they messed up with any of the prep and were struck dead, they could be pulled out from the outside of the HoH.

Exactly. Only the High Priest was allowed to "see" the Ark when it was in the Tabernacle, or later Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem. It was in a separate room at the back of the Temple called "The Holy of Holies" and the entrance was covered by a HUMONGOUS, thick drape. The High Priest would follow a very specific purification ritual before he entered the Holy of Holies, one day a year, and sprinkle a lamb's sacrificial blood on the "lid" of the Ark (called the Mercy Seat), to atone for the sins of the nation.

In case he had NOT adequately purified himself before entering the presence of God, he had a rope tied around his waist so that, if God struck him dead, he could be pulled out of the Holy of Holies (presumably under the curtain) without others having to enter the room and also die.

The Ark was either God's footstool or throne, depending on how you look at it.

During the time of the gospels, although the Temple still existed (at least until until 70 A.D.; the only remnants now are at the Dome of the Rock), and the Holy of Holies and its large curtain were there, the Ark was long gone.

No mention of the Ark is complete without the part about Axum, Ethiopia.

It's a small town that seems to have been a remote isolated Jewish population since antiquity. The story goes that they were descended from a son of Solomon and the Queen of Sheba. They claim they've had the Ark of the Covenant all this time since it went missing. It's in a closed temple room with a lifetime-appointed guard. It's only been seen by one outsider (during WW2) and he said it looked like a medieval replica.

In 2021 there was a heated gun battle when a local militia tried to break in and take the Ark. Hundreds of people got killed.

For my money, the original Ark was probably carried off & trashed in antiquity. It's a disappointing outcome but it's probably what happened. There was too much gold on that thing for it to have been left alone when an enemy ransacked the temple.

It would be quite the piece to see. Revelation says the Ark is in Heaven. At least at the time of John's seeing it there.
And, yes. the ark was forbidden to touch. One was killed by trying to keep it on an ox cart. It was never to be carted.
It was only to be carried by priests in a specific manner, and the poles were never to be removed. It was in the Holy of Holies in the Temple
during the days of Solomon until it disappeared before Yeshua. When the veil in the temple was torn at Yeshua's death it was seen to be gone.
Apparently i am not allowed to type His title here.

That is part of oral tradition and not at all mentioned in Scripture. I have a doubt that any would even attempt to do something on their own to protect themselves if God did not specifically tell them to do it. But.. who knows. There are many accounts of priests later worshipping other gods in the temple in side rooms and other areas, which pretty much sealed their fates and put them at odds with who they were really supposed to be worshipping.

No mention of the Ark is complete without the part about Axum, Ethiopia.

It's a small town that seems to have been a remote isolated Jewish population since antiquity. The story goes that they were descended from a son of Solomon and the Queen of Sheba. They claim they've had the Ark of the Covenant all this time since it went missing. It's in a closed temple room with a lifetime-appointed guard. It's only been seen by one outsider (during WW2) and he said it looked like a medieval replica.

In 2021 there was a heated gun battle when a local militia tried to break in and take the Ark. Hundreds of people got killed.

For my money, the original Ark was probably carried off & trashed in antiquity. It's a disappointing outcome but it's probably what happened. There was too much gold on that thing for it to have been left alone when an enemy ransacked the temple.

That one little guy with the AK must be a beast if he defended it.

Paul the Apostle wrote to the Corinthian church and in 1 Corinthians 2:14 he states:

" But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

When JesusChrist was speaking with Nicodemus in John's Gospel chapter 3:12, He told him:

"If i have told you earthly things, and you believe not, how shall you believe if i tell you of heavenly things?"

The Ark of the Covenant( Also referred to as the Ark of God, Ark of His Testimony and Ark of the LORD)was indeed a physical object and its construction ordained by God Himself, but the greater treasure is not what it is or what it represents...it's about WHO it represents. There was a specific reason as to why God commanded its construction to be what it was..its dimensions, materials as well as what was placed inside of it. It all spoke of a Person...and that Person has been readily available to be found as He has been knocking on the doors of the hearts of makind since the beginning of His Creation.

Here is a breakdown of the physical(earthly)Ark
1.Exodus 25:10 -Made of Shittim wood(acacia). The Hebrew word denotes scourging and thorns. Wood was a humble material. A carpenter uses it. Represents a man.
2. Exodus 25:11- it was overlaid in gold, inside and outside. Gold represents majesty, Deity.
3.Exodus 25:11-had a crown of gold around it. A crown represents authority, a King.
4.Exodus 25:12-4 gold rings whereby the golden overlaid staves (V.13) would bare it. Hands and feet, if you will.
5.Exodus 25:16/ Hebrews 9:4 -what was put into the Ark was Testimony(commandments, Golden pot with manna, and Aarons rod that budded.
So contained within is "Bread of Heaven", "The 10 commandments" and a "cut off" "branch" that had life sprung from it.

John 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Matt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.( He alone fulfilled all the commandments perfectly as the spotless Lamb)
Isaiah 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
Isaiah 53:9-11
And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

6.Exodus 25:17,21,22- A mercy seat of gold was placed above the Ark where God would meet and commune with them between the Cherubims(made of beaten gold, 1 whole piece) "The Mercy Seat" where God and man meet.
John 14:6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

7.Exodus 25:18-20 -Two Cherubims of whole gold, not multiple pieces, with their wings covering the mercy seat, bowing if you will, towards the mercy seat. Even the angels worship the Son and we have no mercy without Him.
John 20:12 And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of ***** had lain.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Revelation 3:20 JesusSpeaking...

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

The invitation is there. Those that seek, find and are blessed beyond measure because they come into a relationship with the Saviour of the world and their Creator. They are made clean by the blood of the Lamb who came in the flesh, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified, died and rose again, conquering death and forgiving all of mankinds sins, taking the wrath upon Himself thereby saving us and giving eternal life to those who believe in Him by His grace. Behold, He lives and is coming back again.

It would be heartbreaking that many would seek the object, the physical Ark of the Covenant, yet reject the very One Who it represents.

My heart is that anyone who reads this would put their faith and trust in Him. You won't regret it.

Paul the Apostle wrote to the Corinthian church and in 1 Corinthians 2:14 he states:

" But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

When JesusChrist was speaking with Nicodemus in John's Gospel chapter 3:12, He told him:

"If i have told you earthly things, and you believe not, how shall you believe if i tell you of heavenly things?"

The Ark of the Covenant( Also referred to as the Ark of God, Ark of His Testimony and Ark of the LORD)was indeed a physical object and its construction ordained by God Himself, but the greater treasure is not what it is or what it represents...it's about WHO it represents. There was a specific reason as to why God commanded its construction to be what it was..its dimensions, materials as well as what was placed inside of it. It all spoke of a Person...and that Person has been readily available to be found as He has been knocking on the doors of the hearts of makind since the beginning of His Creation.

Here is a breakdown of the physical(earthly)Ark
1.Exodus 25:10 -Made of Shittim wood(acacia). The Hebrew word denotes scourging and thorns. Wood was a humble material. A carpenter uses it. Represents a man.
2. Exodus 25:11- it was overlaid in gold, inside and outside. Gold represents majesty, Deity.
3.Exodus 25:11-had a crown of gold around it. A crown represents authority, a King.
4.Exodus 25:12-4 gold rings whereby the golden overlaid staves (V.13) would bare it. Hands and feet, if you will.
5.Exodus 25:16/ Hebrews 9:4 -what was put into the Ark was Testimony(commandments, Golden pot with manna, and Aarons rod that budded.
So contained within is "Bread of Heaven", "The 10 commandments" and a "cut off" "branch" that had life sprung from it.

John 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Matt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.( He alone fulfilled all the commandments perfectly as the spotless Lamb)
Isaiah 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
Isaiah 53:9-11
And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

6.Exodus 25:17,21,22- A mercy seat of gold was placed above the Ark where God would meet and commune with them between the Cherubims(made of beaten gold, 1 whole piece) "The Mercy Seat" where God and man meet.
John 14:6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

7.Exodus 25:18-20 -Two Cherubims of whole gold, not multiple pieces, with their wings covering the mercy seat, bowing if you will, towards the mercy seat. Even the angels worship the Son and we have no mercy without Him.
John 20:12 And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of ***** had lain.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Revelation 3:20 JesusSpeaking...

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

The invitation is there. Those that seek, find and are blessed beyond measure because they come into a relationship with the Saviour of the world and their Creator. They are made clean by the blood of the Lamb who came in the flesh, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified, died and rose again, conquering death and forgiving all of mankinds sins, taking the wrath upon Himself thereby saving us and giving eternal life to those who believe in Him by His grace. Behold, He lives and is coming back again.

It would be heartbreaking that many would seek the object, the physical Ark of the Covenant, yet reject the very One Who it represents.

My heart is that anyone who reads this would put their faith and trust in Him. You won't regret it.
The first & ONLY real TRUTH ever posted here!

Appreciate your testimony, & most importantly, The ONE it bears witness of.

Has anyone read any of the stuff from Ron Wyatt?
While he died back in 1999, in the 80s he had claimed to find the ark of the covenant, Noah's ark, among other biblical things.
Was he just seeking fame by "so called" finding these things...probably....but I guess you never totally know.
Some of the stuff I read years ago was interesting at least..... take it with a grain of salt, but still a bit interesting.

Has anyone read any of the stuff from Ron Wyatt?
While he died back in 1999, in the 80s he had claimed to find the ark of the covenant, Noah's ark, among other biblical things.
Was he just seeking fame by "so called" finding these things...probably....but I guess you never totally know.
Some of the stuff I read years ago was interesting at least..... take it with a grain of salt, but still a bit interesting.

Yeah... while Ron's claims were exiting, I'm not sure how trustworthy they were.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back