Guardians of the Galaxy

You know, after seeing The Winter Soldier and the trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy playing with it, I've come to the conclusion the new Star Wars film is going to have to be VERY VERY good indeed now its up against the likes of these Marvel films. Guardians looked absolutely superb on the big screen and a whole lot of fun. Plus the characters here make the Jedi look rather bland now.

When the original Star Wars came out it was almost literally the ONLY game in town,what few sci fi flicks that were out at the same time may have been enjoyable but when compared to SW were pretty...well dismal,about the only major competition SW had was Star Trek.

With the prequel films SW had it a bit harder what with the Marvel characters out at the time like X-men and Spider-Man.

Now? hell it's a bit crowded and as I said elsewhere just WHEN SW seven shows up is gonna be a sign of how well they think it can do against a Marvel film,many pointed out to me that it's gonna be before the set of Marvel films because,well,Disney doesn't want to jam it's franchises on to of each other.

Bullpucky.

I think they're gonna stick SW in Dec or something because they KNOW it'll do ether badly against something like Avengers or Captain America or just get by.

Don't get me wrong I like SW but time has deluded it and the only ones who may look forward to it are guys old enough to have grown up with it,and maybe like me are old enough to have seen some of the films in the theater (I saw two of the prequels) one thing I think hurt SW is Lucas himself as he's never given an idea just WHAT he has in mind for the series-a trilogy? yes at first and then? nope,gonna be a six parter because I couldn't make the first three right at the time yada-yada and now it's done! no more Star Wars! you hate me! so finished!! for good!!!!

Nooooooo~gonna shuttle it to disney and there's gonna be three more.....

Nobodies excited for Star Wars anymore because nobody knows if this is it or if there's more,or side projects,or new material Lucas just kept making it up as he went along or hid his cards too well,if he'd have come out in 1983 and said he wanted to do more and he would when he felt the time was right SW would be a damn juggernaut,now it's just another set of movies.

Nobodies excited for Star Wars anymore because.....

Some fans felt burned by the quality of the prequels and the tinkering with the originals, but I'm sure there is still going to be a HUGE level of excitement regarding Eposide VII. Just imagine this place when the first pics roll out.

Some fans felt burned by the quality of the prequels and the tinkering with the originals, but I'm sure there is still going to be a HUGE level of excitement regarding Eposide VII. Just imagine this place when the first pics roll out.

Yea but I doubt it's gonna be the king anymore,it may tie with something else but there's a lot that says it won't.

Of course I could be wrong,I am just human,but that's just my two cents.

Personally? like I said in the SW seven thread I'm ready for Luke to come back again and it's gonna be nice to see it all one more time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Star Wars , I couldn't have been happier to hear that George had made the admirable and probably best decision he could ever have made for the future of the franchise by handing it over. He saw what was coming out from other directors, realised he'd done enough (and lets face it he has absolutely revolutionised the way these kinds of films could be made in the industry ) and listened to the fans and signed it over to a company that seems to be doing no wrong at the moment to produce the next generation of SW films.
My point was, as you pointed out , that the standard set by the success of Marvel and other fantasy films is so high now, i think most of us old school fans will weep with unabated joy if the new film is even half as good as say ,The Winter Soldier. Given just how many directors are out there who worship SW the potential ways they could take all the films is fairly limitless, except perhaps for the first one which will set the structure for all the rest.
But, and its a big BUT, its going to have to be exceptionally good by any SW standards when compared to something like Guardians, which is looking brilliant. Believe me when I say I want BOTH to succeed for a very long time.

Yea but I doubt it's gonna be the king anymore.

True. It's going to be a lot harder for anything to become "the king" nowadays. Instead of just a few tv stations, we can stream anything you want at any time you want, in HD. There are so many options.

Last edited:
That footage looked SOOOOOO cool. Looks like that mask might get a bit more prominence than people assume? I'm excited.

Up close look at Star-Lord's mask.
857460_571426476305712_1429232298527804198_o.jpg

If the Guardians DO show up in 'Avengers 3' I wonder if we'll get some fish-out-water comedy between Cap and Star-Lord considering they're both not exactly up-to-speed on current technology, pop-culture etc.

It'll end up a comedy with Will Ferrell and Danny McBride

You had better pray to whatever deity you believe in along with all the others that this travesty of an idea does not come to pass. If it does, I will hunt you down and visit unspeakeable acts upon you.

:lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back