Grommash Build. Last Page new pics of the silicone glove. 01/25/2017

Re: Grommash by Alphatech Last page ear sculpts posted 02/08/2016

Grommash has ears. I still need to seam them.
gromear11.jpggromear10.jpggromear9.jpg

Re: Grommash by Alphatech Last page Sneak peak (slow going) 03/03/2016

Pretty sure this is going to be even better than the alliance studio statue..

Amazing work!

Re: Grommash by Alphatech Last page Sneak peak (slow going) 03/03/2016

In case anyone was wondering I have not been just sitting around. The last couple of weeks I've been punching hair in that beard. I try to spend a couple hours a day. It is almost done. In the mean time I've been working on the shoulder armor.
Initially I was working in this direction.
001.JPGshoulderamor1.jpg

As I was looking around on line for anything Grommash I stumbled across this photo.
shoulderamor2.jpg
As soon as I saw this I knew this is what I wanted to sculpt. I thank who ever created this. The first thing I needed to do was create something to sculpt on. I covered the torso with plastic and made an armature with plaster bandages. I then filled the plaster shell with rigid foam and painted a couple of layers of enamel on it so it wouldn't soak the oil out of the clay.
shoulderamor4.jpgshoulderamor3.jpgshoulderamor6.jpgshoulderamor5.jpg
Then I started building up the clay. I wish I could have done it in monster clay but it took an unbelievable amount so I used what I had.
shoulderamor7.jpg

Once I had it in the ball park I drew on the details, traced them on Saran wrap and flipped it and drew on the other side. This helped me to start working on the symmetry.
shoulderamor8.jpgshoulderamor9.jpg

Here I started carving in the details. This was pretty fun as it was kind of new to me. It was also fun because if I was doing this I wasn't PUNCHING HAIR!
shoulderamor10.jpg

I placed throw the down mask on the armature just to see how the size looked. I am really liking it.
shoulderamor11.jpg

Here are a couple as I'm starting the surface details.
shoulderamor16.jpgshoulderamor14.jpgshoulderamor15.jpgshoulderamor17.jpg

That is where I am right now. I hope to have the head build up soon. I want it finished before I post the entire build. Thanks for looking in.

Re: Grommash by Alphatech Last page quick video on hair punching 03/31/2016

Holy crap, that detailing!! :0
So awesome:thumbsup

Re: Grommash by Alphatech Last page He's getting closer 04/05/2016

I don't know how close you are trying to get to the pic you have there of him, but it looks like his chin tattoo extends onto his lip as well. Does it do that in your other references too?

I'm still blown away at how amazing this has turned out..

Oh my god this is insane. I dont even know where to being. First the SKSprops orc and now this? How do you know how to do all this, your sculpting skills are exceptional! Are you a professional? Man I have so many questions. Subscribed for sure.

I also watched the face mechanism test. Dude. That is unbelievable. Im in shock.

The stubble!!! Holy cow! Every bit of this build is incredible. Your sculpt is a dead ringer for Grommash. "Nice job," is a gross understatement, but nice job, nevertheless.

Hey Escher, I am using a couple of references for the suit. Steve Wang's version does not have the tattoo extend up on the lip. I liked that a little better. I figured I could always add it later if I decided to. Thanks.

Oh my god this is insane. I dont even know where to being. First the SKSprops orc and now this? How do you know how to do all this, your sculpting skills are exceptional! Are you a professional? Man I have so many questions. Subscribed for sure.

I also watched the face mechanism test. Dude. That is unbelievable. Im in shock.

Hey Snikt, thanks. I am a Captain in the Austin Fire Dept. but I have been sculpting and creating as a hobby since I was 8 or so. I just love the challenge. The more you do it the better you get. Don't be afraid to try new stuff either.

Yeah man you look like the captain of something haha! I thought it was Steve Rogers himself for a second! :lol Good advice. Side note, I personally like that you didnt make the tattoos go up the lip, I didnt really like that look. Man. So awesome, love this. Are you going to post a tutorial on how you made the silicone mask? Please?

Yes I will be posting the tutorial on the mask very soon. I wanted to finish first. I'm weird like that. It is a learning experience and as I make mistakes along the way I would rather correct them then explain it all later in the tutorial.
I spent yesterday morning sewing the wig to the mask/underskull. In the afternoon I spent a couple of hours styling his do. I still need to punch some hairies into the hairline in front of the wig.

gromdo2.jpgGromdo.jpggromdo1.jpg

Re: Grommash by Alphatech Last page Grom has a do 04/06/2016

I finished up his hairline yesterday. I am planning on building the tutorial today. Stay tuned.
gromhairline1.JPGgromhairline.JPGgromhairline3.JPG

Re: Grommash by Alphatech Last page Grom has a do 04/06/2016

that is a thing of beauty. Hideously grotesque beauty, but you know what I mean.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back