The Last of Us HBO Joel Thread

Probably some rations and tins etc. I think we've covered most of the props that we see on screen at least.

As for the Thermos I spent a LONG time trying to work out what colour thermos it actually was because in the clip I'm not sure if its the way the scene has been coloured but where its rubbed to the metal it also looks like its the eggshell version of the thermos? one that's been sprayed black and then has some black tape (looks to be the same as used on the torch) wrapped round the logo. Either way at the time for me at least it was cheaper to get the eggshell version at the time so I just went with that! I thought even if I'm wrong it just adds to the post apocalyptic feel of the cosplay itself and I like to think my version came out pretty good and close!

Side note: It will also depend on which version of the backpack we see because in EP4 he actually ditches his first backpack with the truck! I'm assuming because he feels its too dangerous to go back and collect it and the supplies in the truck. So we know what's sort of in that first one but after that when he starts using Henry's we don't really know we never see him use it or what's inside after that.
1703851715468.png
20231229_120255.jpg
1703851646014.png

So just so people can see and appreciate Jameel’s work, here is the Henry/Joel backpack that I can’t wait to fill with all my day to days.

Obviously anything inside the backpack is anyone’s guess, but Jameel added a small pocket pouch for me and a laptop sleeve with Velcro. Me and him spent a month going over the strap design and shape, so hopefully y’all like it.

Loving it already!! And it’s so screen accurate.
Waxed canvas was chosen because I wanted longevity and it gives a nice patina as it ages.

Check his store out!

Attachments

• IMG_7071.jpeg
    IMG_7071.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_7069.jpeg
    IMG_7069.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_7068.jpeg
    IMG_7068.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7067.jpeg
    IMG_7067.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_7066.jpeg
    IMG_7066.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_7064.jpeg
    IMG_7064.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_7063.jpeg
    IMG_7063.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7062.jpeg
    IMG_7062.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
So just so people can see and appreciate Jameel’s work, here is the Henry/Joel backpack that I can’t wait to fill with all my day to days.

Obviously anything inside the backpack is anyone’s guess, but Jameel added a small pocket pouch for me and a laptop sleeve with Velcro. Me and him spent a month going over the strap design and shape, so hopefully y’all like it.

Loving it already!! And it’s so screen accurate.
Waxed canvas was chosen because I wanted longevity and it gives a nice patina as it ages.

Check his store out!
Ive been planning on picking one up for awhile this has just further driven my need will deffo be acquiring one after the new year

IMG_7431.jpeg

So I have some exciting news. I’m 99% done with the Birthday version of Joel’s watch. Trying to find a better watch crown. But ladies and gentlemen, I give you Joel’s watch:

Matte black dial, lume, matted hands screen matched in size and kind, and gloss pad printed red sub dial hand.

Just trying to finish the crown.

Believe it or not, it will also be waterproof.

DM me if you’re interested still in first dibs for one!

Attachments

• IMG_2535.png
    IMG_2535.png
    9.1 MB · Views: 66
  • 55CFE70D-879E-48B2-9130-08567BF87F65.jpeg
    55CFE70D-879E-48B2-9130-08567BF87F65.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
  • DD095B9A-1A93-4B1E-A8A9-403C7831DA4C.jpeg
    DD095B9A-1A93-4B1E-A8A9-403C7831DA4C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_7430.jpeg
    IMG_7430.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Hey y’all thanks for the DMs. This is an RPF exclusive for the moment, so please DM me so I can get names added to a list for the Birthday watch.

For those who have DM’d, I’m looking to ship February. Still working on a few things.

Gonna repost something from a DM I had regarding the watch.

I know here at the RPF, there’s something to be said about our accuracy when it comes to screen matching our props or cosplay. I am all for it!

I will say: This is the most realistic translation from on screen any where in the world.

Having said that, the crown for the watch piece is still the original Timex crown - for the moment. Believe it or not it’s not as crude or distracting as the 6 mm crown I was using for the 2023 version. Even in that version, Andrew Taylor, I feel didn’t find a crown that really worked with the case from an engineering standpoint, and just wanted the large crown for the appearance. And that’s where I want to help differentiate here.

I ran the numbers, and the cost for me to manufacture a crown that would look larger in size, retain the watch case’s waterproofing integrity and be more screen accurate would outweigh the cost of having a new born - which my wife is due in April y’all!

At the moment I will extend the option for people to get a 6 mm crown put on the watch (which I still offer in the 2023 version), but this will have to be a requested modification. Otherwise I will keep the original time crown on the watch to ensure water proofing.

But what I’ll say is this. I have been wearing my prototype since I made it has not left my wrist day or night. It’s honestly a thing of beauty.

Having said all of this, I do want to put it out there that I have dreams for this watch: I want to re-machine and produce the case and case back so that I can have a better, custom made Military style larger crown that fits seamlessly with the case - and have been working on the 3D files. You’ve seen photos of it posted on here - so that is something down the road.

Just sending this out as an update, and something to get the groups thoughts on, so please comment!

What are your thoughts for the Birthday version:
-6mm crown that is clumsy with the stem and case - not waterproof.
OR
-Stock a Timex crown that fits perfectly with the case and retains the watch’s waterproofing.

-Leon

Last edited:
Ellie’s backpack from PSGear store shipped.

I can confirm color is muted….

is the color off guys? What did they do to the backpack? Lol

1704909754304.png

Attachments

• IMG_7512.jpeg
    IMG_7512.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Btw yall, after doing some research (and if anyone is able to confirm from the 4K BluRay of the shot of the watch), but the sub dial seen on screen from blurry translation to sketch is in this shape:

This is obviously different than what we've known before, but this is my best guestimate from the horrid only existing example we have.

One thing it definitely ISN’T at least in the birthday version is a simple stick design.

Thoughts?

1704938730373.png
1704938995227.png

Last edited:
I'm starting to have doubts now lol.

View attachment 1778116

and I think it just might be the stick still. Maybe one closer to this?
View attachment 1778113
Nevermind yall. I confirmed the dimensions, and the leaf dummy second hand doesn’t make sense. It’s not that long, and wouldn’t go past the white sub dial circle. The only hand that measures correctly is the stick hand, which at 5mm, protrudes past the circle boundary. So it has to be the stick. I think the thickness of the color is in the photo is just from motion blurring /smearing/other things.

So just to confirm y’all, it’s the stick through and through.

IT’S THE STICK.

Look, this is the leaf version, and the leaf hand doesn’t protrude past the white. The on screen version which is the stick, DOES.

Attachments

• IMG_7679.jpeg
    IMG_7679.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0467.jpeg
    IMG_0467.jpeg
    426.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7680.jpeg
    IMG_7680.jpeg
    876.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back