GREAT actors in bad movies?

I'll admit I do watch it when it's on TV once in awhile but when it first came out I was excited to see it seeing as how I liked a few of the people in there. Then after watching it I was stunned at how bad it was compared to what it was hyped up to be.

A lot of people in Spy Kids 3D.

What? I saw it with my gf's nephews a few months ago.

Stallone was hilarious.

Tony Schalhoub was creepy.

But yeah, the famous cast was all out crazy but terrible show.

Clooney was the president.

EDIT: There are a lot more famous and better actors in there but those were the ones who stood out bizarrely to me.

Elijah Wood was also really funny.

Last edited:
Technically you could add the "Aiplane"movies/"Top Secret". Though, that was the entire point of those movies. It worked out very, very well. :lol

The actors in Pearl Harbor. Too many to list, but I actually like Affleck and Damon, they get too much hate, even if they are barely among the top ten in that movie. :p
John Torturro and William H. Macy do incredibly good roles in a lot of movies that would have no right to excist without their presence in it.
Oh, and Robert Downey jr had some bad years didn't he :p
To me his 'comeback' has always been 'Kiss Kiss Bang bang' btw....

Oh, and Robert Downey jr had some bad years didn't he :p

He sure did!

Johnny_Be_Good.jpg

I was a teenager when this came out (rememeber when we were young and everything was funny?).

Even back then I couldn't sit through it.

Kevin

Hey! That's a movie classic...........wasn't it:)

Funny secret - not too secret about this movie - the screenplay was originally titled "All American" and was scheduled to star Emilio Estavez when that didn't happen - Anthony Michael's company bought it - rewrote it - threw that rewrite out but went ahead and started filming anyway - only locations were used from the script, everything else was made up on the spot. When it was all over NO WRITER associated with the project wanted their name on it - so they put the name of the writer who wrote the original "All American" script - before the movie came out - he viewed it in a private screening - walked out and called his lawyer and sued to have his name removed from the movie - and won. Credit fell back to the last writers on the project.

Or so the legend says.:lol

Sorry to bring this back from the great beyond but I saw the title and all I could think of was Kevin Spacey in Superman Returns....and why the hate for Mars Attacks? That was so entertaining!

I'll agree with most of what was mentioned on here- EXCEPT for all the hate for Batman Begins! :angry
Trying to think of a good one that hasn't been mentioned already....

How about both Warren Beatty and Dustin Hoffman in Ishtar? Wasn't that considered one of the worst movies ever made?

*Edit- just thought of another- Harrison Ford in 'Frantic'. I know lots of people like it, but in my opinion, the movie should have been called 'Boring'

James Caan was in Dick Tracy???

Just briefly-- he had a cool line though

Caan: 'I'm out.'
Big Boy: 'It *only* works if we're all IN'
Caan: 'Then.... it don't work.'

Badass- but then his car gets blown up almost immediately, lol

"The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" pissed Sean Connery off so much he retired from the business.That film virtually destroyed actors and directors carreers.Talk about going down with the ship.I read that in an article.I think in Entertainment Magazine or something like that?

John Rhys Davies in the three or four SyFy "original" movies he's done. It boggles my mind to see him in these horrible, horrible films.

J Rhys-Davies was in a 'T. Daughton' James Bond film......tough to watch

J Rhys-Davies(played a remix of his 'Salla' character) was in another boring remake of 'King Solomon's Mines' film......tough to watch

S. Connery in 'The Avengers' film......tough to watch

Not that he probably had much of a choice at his age, not that he was a great actor then, some may even think he isn't now. But how about Christian Bale in The Newsies.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back