GREAT actors in bad movies?

I'd say Eric Roberts. I think he's a good actor and he does a lot of crap. I don't know if he's a jerk or what because he's not in a lot of a-list stuff.

Eric is a riot. Really funny guy (at least he was in a good mood when I met him!)

As for the topic I'd say Johnny Depp in the second & third POTC movies as well as Wonka & Alice in Wonderland. Geoffrey Rush for the third POTC movie as well.

And I'm with SSgt Burton on this one. Half the folks here, while stars, are far from "great" actors. To be fair there are folks who have won Oscars that I don't think are great either. Some are just lucky to find the perfect role at the perfect time. Angelina Jolie for instance, she just played herself... Crazy.

Harrison Ford in Indy 4. I can watch the movie if I'm really bored. it just went down toward the middle of the movie. Yet Harrison Ford at least proved he's still got it.

I also second Liam Neeson in Batman Begins

I love Flash Gordon. He was the perfect Ming. Plus an awesome soundtrack. I guess maybe you have to grow up with the movie to appreciate it fully. I am agreeing with you Funky. I am disagreeing with the originally post.

I only saw it as a kid, so the hip camp thing probably went over my head at the time, or I just didn't appreciate it. What didn't escape me was the uselessness of Sam Jones. I listen to the soundtrack regularly, and the voice of Flash is so lame it always reinforces my sense of how terrible that guy was in every way. With a worthless Flash how can you make a decent Flash Gordon movie, camp or not? I mean I liked the tv Batman camp, but that worked because of the charisma of West. Jones was a big zero. But yeah, there are worse films - and having just watched some clips, it seems to know how to maintain tone - and it had interesting models. Might give it another whirl sometime.

William Holden in The Omen 2

Aw, man - i LOVED Omen 2 - I remember watching the scene where Damien goes head to head with his teacher naming all the dates in which large wars began and Damien wipes the floor with him in front of the whole class - I admit, to me at age 11, being the son of the devil looked like a pretty good gig. Not to mention having crows who attack people for you and being able to use the dark side of the force to give your nosey (step) brother a brain aneurysm when he starts asking too many questions. I'm going to pop that movie in right now!!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back