Fine tuning 1/288 Revell Millennium Falcon EasyKit

re: Fine tune Revell Millennium Falcon EasyKit

Recessing the wells on the mandibles and body really works well, did you just cut and space them out?

OK

Sounds like a good plan! As far as weathering goes use your paint with lots of thinner fluid (or water if it is water based paint) and many ... many layers. There are many tutorials on youtube about weathering ... take a look. If you use a piece of say 4 mm curbed perspex, sand it roughly on the outside and/or add a grill pattern, drill some holes on the inside for your blue leds ... you should be able to get an evenly spread light. You could also use white leds and a blue filter instead.

-Chaim

OK

Sounds like a good plan! As far as weathering goes use your paint with lots of thinner fluid (or water if it is water based paint) and many ... many layers. There are many tutorials on youtube about weathering ... take a look. If you use a piece of say 4 mm curbed perspex, sand it roughly on the outside and/or add a grill pattern, drill some holes on the inside for your blue leds ... you should be able to get an evenly spread light. You could also use white leds and a blue filter instead.

-Chaim

Thanks for the info, when time comes for "light speed", i'll keep it in mind.

Yes.............

ok

this is how it looks on the inside

after i've dremmel them out like this i took a new falcon upper deck (wich is my donor) and cut out the mandibles from it then make them to fit in with the other deck.

Howdy, back with a little update:
First I would like to show off my new Falcon member: A McFalcon;)

Nice little fella!

Ok, back to the real work, detailling the upper deck further more with pipe lines:

Progres of the escape pot and ventilations:

Adding pathern:

The "better" escape pots:

Last edited:

Okay, NOW that Falcon has entered the Twilight Zone of modeling for all the detail you are adding. Sick man, but in a very cool way. :D

Thanks Neosporing and JMChladek, uptdate for the two escape pot coming shortly with more details.

Re: Fine tune Revell Millennium Falcon EasyKit

The amount of patience that you must put into that is something I must learn and understand! Watching this come together is just simply stunning

The amount of patience that you must put into that is something I must learn and understand! Watching this come together is just simply stunning

Patience is a good thing my dad always said...and it pays off don't you agree:thumbsup

Ok, is there really A Micromachine MF then?:love

3408597726_a2337c91e3.jpg

Han lego figure for scale..

wow, that's.....tiny:)
I'm not gonna lay my hand on that one, it's perfect as it is already.

I've got a couple of the Micromachine MFs in my stash. They are nice, but the soft plastic they are made out of could be a problem. Still, if somebody were to try and accurize THAT, it would be bordering on certifiable insanity. ;)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back