Fallout series on Amazon

It looks pretty good. The only thing that stuck out was the airliner cockpit in the one picture. From some of the released pictures, they didn't seem to go to a lot of trouble to make actual Fallout vehicles (Super Duper Mart parking lot vehicles picture).

The one eyed guy is my only issue so far, otherwise it looks pretty good!

That drove my nephew nuts too! :lol: I told him that there's literally a guy with a tree in his head in the previous games, so I said to wait to hear the reason. He's convinced, based on nothing, that this was a sealed vault, but there are many vaults who let people from the outside in. Now if this cyclops guy was born in the vault, there's no way he could be mutated unless it was a Vault Tec experiment.

It's getting a lot of rave reviews online indeed. I watched the first episode and part of the second last night, but I was a bit perplexed. I found the pacing really weird on the first episode, and the sound mix was horrible. Everything else sound good on my setup so I assume it's coming from the episode. It was very distracting. The practical power armours look good when they are not moving, but it's goofy as hell when do though IMO. I think it may have been better to stick with F3/NV style power armour, less bulky, less "iron man" in this case, or augment them using CGI.

Other than that, I see potential but I think I need to restart this weekend, after some good sleep and not stressed out from work, perhaps I will be able to really get immersed and see what everyone else seems to see!

Yeah, saw the first episode and its not bad.

Im not a hardcore fan of the series so am treating it as a casual fan with minimal knowledge of the series.
The power armor looked pretty cool.
Main character seemed competent and follows the story trope set by Fallouts 3 and 4 where a family member goes missing which encourages the protagonist to venture out from the safety of the vault.
I was surprised at how weak the vault dwellers were but could chalk it up to them just being too comfortable living in the safety of the vault and thus not prepared for the raiders. One thing that did strike me as odd though was Lucy's pipboy picked up quite quickly that her new hubby has incredibly high radiation levels, indicating they were raiders and not other vault dwellers. I do wonder why this wasnt picked up any earlier before the attack.

It wasnt a bad first episode though and I am hopeful. Apparently the lead actress actually played the games as well to get a better understanding of the lore so at least she is taking it seriously which is always good to hear.

I'm 3 episodes in and it's fine so far. It's not going to be the games and I don't want it to be. If I wanted the games, I'll go play the games. I want something in the world, which this definitely is. The casting isn't perfect. Lucy is good. At least they didn't turn her into a girl boss that kicked everyone's ass. The Ghoul is decent, although I wish they had spent some more time up front showing his background so that we understood why he is the way he is. Maximus is... okay, I guess. I'm trying to understand it from the perspective of someone who grew up in the Brotherhood and knows little else, but so far, he hasn't grabbed me.

They're doing a ton of memberberries, which is fine to a certain degree, but they have to stand on their own two feet so we'll see how the end of the show goes. So far, I'm on board, which is a lot more than I was expecting.

After the second episode I am unsure if Maximus is a weird creeper with delusions of grandeur or simply a different variety of naive. I do not get good vibes from the guy.

I've been pretty universally thrilled with the effects, especially for a TV show, and all of the little touches that are from the games fold well enough into the world as they've shown it that I am not offended. There were a couple of times where it felt like they held up a sign hat said "hey, this is from a video game", but in those instances I think it has worked well enough for the show that they're making. They were moments that set the tone rather than broke it in service of making a nod.

Well…there’s a crossover prop.

The same survey meter from Star Trek (“The Cage”) popped-up in Fallout.

IMG_4106.jpeg
IMG_4105.jpeg
IMG_4102.jpeg
IMG_4101.jpeg
IMG_4099.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back