Fallout series on Amazon

Most videogame based shows/movies are awful, so I'm hopeful, but not. :lol: My 17yo. nephew told me about it the other day and said it didn't have info on what it was about. So later that day I asked if he had heard that they told the plot and he said no. I said it was about Preston Garvey directing the cast to settlements that needed help. He just about had a fit. :lol::lol::lol:

I expect them to take their time coming up with what premise they want to follow. Start before the bombs, maybe? Season one is the lead-up to the Great War, to establish how the Fallout world deviated from ours after WWII. Season two picks up a couple years later, maybe a decade or two, and goes from there. Dunno if we would do better to leave the Vault Dwellers to the games and have the Vaults be some quasi-mythical places no one's ever actually seen. Don't know if we want to follow the mutiny at Mariposa that led to the formation of the Brotherhood of Steel. Don't know if we want to start in media res a century or so on from the bombs. Don't know if we want to see a live-action version of the canon story of the first game, with someone who grew up in a Vault discovering the outside world...

There are a lot of possibilities, and all of them could be done well or badly. I trust these guys more than the Game of Thrones folks, though. I'll say that.

Bonus points if it's a Young Indiana Jones style semi-anthology -- following events in different places and times in the setting -- all being told around 2250 by an aged super mutant played by Ron Pearlman, as things heat up to a conflict between the New California Republic and the Enclave. "War...? War never changes..."

I doubt they would mention the war much at all. There won't be ANY mention of China in this at all. Heck probably all future Fallout games will stop mention of China.

They better not. It's kind of integral. Fallout 76 should be around for a bit, and they just added a bunch of new content specifically around the role of the Chinese in the backstory of the setting. Any halfway intelligent person will be able to tell the difference between fiction and reality. It's not like anyone involved in making any Fallout game said China did any of those things -- any more than we have household robots or atomic cars. I figure if Space Force can rip on things as it is, so could this.

I’m interested in this.

I like the world that Fallout has created, but the gameplay itself never actually worked for me. I just didn’t enjoy playing the games at all.

So this is exactly what I’d like to see...stories from the world without mediocre gameplay getting in the way of me enjoying said stories.

They better not. It's kind of integral. Fallout 76 should be around for a bit, and they just added a bunch of new content specifically around the role of the Chinese in the backstory of the setting. Any halfway intelligent person will be able to tell the difference between fiction and reality. It's not like anyone involved in making any Fallout game said China did any of those things -- any more than we have household robots or atomic cars. I figure if Space Force can rip on things as it is, so could this.

Well I mean mainly to appease China the way Hollywood has been doing for years. China doesn't want to be seen in a bad light even if it's fiction. I think the Red Dawn remake was going to have China invading and they changed it to North Korea to not tick off China. They're more worried about offending China in 2020 than Americans.

Doesn't look like it's available in China. That said, don't most Amazon original mini-series and TV shows eventually make it to DVD anyways?

Either way, I have no desire for the actual war to be a part of the storyline. One of the most interesting things about the games was that originally the player didn't know very much at all about what had happened during the war, how the final days played out, or even a lot of what happened between the bombs and the first faults opening. There have just been so many games at this point, let us fans know everything there is to know so far.

I think the heart of Fallout, is a vault dweller learning about the new strange world outside the vaults. And them learning how humanity survived without vaults, and conquering the new strangeness of the world that inhabits the retro futuristic ruins.

If it’s anything like the Nukabreak fan series on YouTube, it could turn out decent, especially considering the surely bigger budget.

Doesn't look like it's available in China. That said, don't most Amazon original mini-series and TV shows eventually make it to DVD anyways?

Either way, I have no desire for the actual war to be a part of the storyline. One of the most interesting things about the games was that originally the player didn't know very much at all about what had happened during the war, how the final days played out, or even a lot of what happened between the bombs and the first faults opening. There have just been so many games at this point, let us fans know everything there is to know so far.

I think the heart of Fallout, is a vault dweller learning about the new strange world outside the vaults. And them learning how humanity survived without vaults, and conquering the new strangeness of the world that inhabits the retro futuristic ruins.

Well really probably no one in the Fallout universe knows about China as a country anyway. People collecting knowledge, like the BoS, or people just stumbling on surviving newspapers would know, but generally I don't think people would. They would just know there was a war. I think in the games most people haven't gone into places the player does, or they did and didn't survive so they probably wouldn't have seen the logs and things you find on computers.

Well really probably no one in the Fallout universe knows about China as a country anyway. People collecting knowledge, like the BoS, or people just stumbling on surviving newspapers would know, but generally I don't think people would. They would just know there was a war. I think in the games most people haven't gone into places the player does, or they did and didn't survive so they probably wouldn't have seen the logs and things you find on computers.
One of the reasons I'm so dang curious about the rest of Van Buren that didn't make it into New Vegas. I loved Operation: Anchorage in FO3, I loved the submarine in Boston Harbor in FO4, I love the sidequest with the Chinese-American girl from Foundation in 76. And I will be eternally curious what it wold have been like to see Canada, Alaska, and China of the post-FO2 time period, as the game was planned to take the player all the way to the Forbidden City.

But definitely -- Player Characters always have more interesting lives than NPCs. Well... mostly. I still want to know how Cait got to this continent...

I was talking to my nephew about this and I'd like to see another vault with a GECK that was activated. Remember they had Vault City in one of the first two games?

Also I was thinking about how I was saying they might keep China out of it, but I'm also wondering how they will handle weapons. They will tank the show if the try the PC crap of not using any guns. Guns and other crazy weapons are a huge part of the Fallout universe, so I can't imagine anyone at Bethesda okaying that.

There will be guns. It's an amazon show. They have tons of violent weapon toting TV shows.

Expanse is one of their biggest shows I know of, and most of last season the team was walking around with guns in holsters on. And they were regularly drawn. lol

Interesting, but so easy to make badly. Fallout 4 is great, but the quest for the baby ruins much of it, because... how can you do all these cool things and explore and create settlements when your kid is out there and needs to be found asap. They need to come up with something good - a good reason for making it. Westworld got boring pretty quickly, so I never did see much beyond season 1.

Fallout has always had interesting (enough) stories. I hope they do some good writing and don't rely on just gimmicky action.

Im assuming we're talking about the videogame FALLOUT... i mean, what if its just a new showed CALLED fallout that has nothing to do with the game? I mean, im down for any kind of armageddon show. I love post-apocalyptic stuff in general. But if its game-based, i hope they put their best foot forward with good special effects, good story and characters, as long as they do that, (personally) i'd be ok with them not following any of the Game Source Material........ Just my 2¢....

Okay so I may be a little late to this discussion, but I just had to talk about this. Fallout by far my favorite video game series and if they really are making a television show, I really hope they do it right. By the way, have they released it yet? I dunno, I'm just out of the loop I guess. If they do release a T.V. show, I wonder where the setting will be. Probably another major city, like Chicago, or Seattle, maybe.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back