Fallout series on Amazon

I finished the series and it was good.

Lucy was great. Good actress and a well-written character. Not the "mary sue" she gets criticism for and I do hope to see more of her. Made sense she was the main character despite the ghoul having a greater stake in the story since he is the audience surrogate (completely new to the Fallout world, not understanding how things work so the audience learns alongside her).

I did grow to like Maximus more as well. He really sucked at the beginning and I didnt know if he was naive, just incompetent, or power hungry. I do think his competency is also very unstable (he is at times very incompetent but also hyper competent) but he does keep the naive run head first into danger characteristic that he will likely grow out of as the story progresses. He does have an interesting moral dilemma but also seems too cowardly at times though.

The ghoul is great but an easy fan favorite. Basically a villain protagonist that turns into an anti-hero as the story progresses. The ghoul definitely carried the show.
Costumes and atmosphere were great and the last two episodes were really good, resulting in an interesting story. As a normie fan who doesnt really know much about Fallout, I enjoyed it.

However, there was one maybe plothole and one big issue I had with the series.
For the plothole, how effective are stimpaks really? They seem to be quite effective since Lucy was able to save herself from being stabbed in the gut in episode one and bounce back quickly and the ghoul saved the dog that seemed to be on the verge of death with a shot.

If that was the case, why wasnt the scientist who got his foot blown off given a stimpak? Im assuming Lucy had one and even if she didnt, there was one in the store since that was used to save the dog. The scientist could have really explained alot of the story had he not been so secretive.

While I enjoyed the show, it was way too slow in pacing. I felt episodes 2 to 6 were literal sidequests that didnt add anything to the story apart from a very very slow drip feed of the ghoul's backstory. While it was a cool reveal that the ghoul is vault boy and that his wife was the one who pushed for Vault-Tec to kickoff the war by dropping the bombs to ensure war, this could have been covered in two quick episodes to be honest. Also not sure how Moldaver survived and remained "young" given she wasnt a Vault-Tec employee so wasnt in their preservation chamber unless she had her own as a rich retired inventor. Given season 2 is confirmed, I do hope they pick up the pace of the story.

While not the most amazing show, I do look forward to season 2 and hope it improves.

Lucy was great. Good actress and a well-written character. Not the "mary sue" she gets criticism for and I do hope to see more of her. Made sense she was the main character despite the ghoul having a greater stake in the story since he is the audience surrogate (completely new to the Fallout world, not understanding how things work so the audience learns alongside her).

I did grow to like Maximus more as well. He really sucked at the beginning and I didnt know if he was naive, just incompetent, or power hungry. I do think his competency is also very unstable (he is at times very incompetent but also hyper competent) but he does keep the naive run head first into danger characteristic that he will likely grow out of as the story progresses. He does have an interesting moral dilemma but also seems too cowardly at times though.

The ghoul is great but an easy fan favorite. Basically a villain protagonist that turns into an anti-hero as the story progresses. The ghoul definitely carried the show.
Costumes and atmosphere were great and the last two episodes were really good, resulting in an interesting story. As a normie fan who doesnt really know much about Fallout, I enjoyed it.

For the plothole, how effective are stimpaks really? They seem to be quite effective since Lucy was able to save herself from being stabbed in the gut in episode one and bounce back quickly and the ghoul saved the dog that seemed to be on the verge of death with a shot.

If that was the case, why wasnt the scientist who got his foot blown off given a stimpak? Im assuming Lucy had one and even if she didnt, there was one in the store since that was used to save the dog. The scientist could have really explained alot of the story had he not been so secretive.

While I enjoyed the show, it was way too slow in pacing. I felt episodes 2 to 6 were literal sidequests that didnt add anything to the story apart from a very very slow drip feed of the ghoul's backstory. While it was a cool reveal that the ghoul is vault boy and that his wife was the one who pushed for Vault-Tec to kickoff the war by dropping the bombs to ensure war, this could have been covered in two quick episodes to be honest. Also not sure how Moldaver survived and remained "young" given she wasnt a Vault-Tec employee so wasnt in their preservation chamber unless she had her own as a rich retired inventor. Given season 2 is confirmed, I do hope they pick up the pace of the story.

While not the most amazing show, I do look forward to season 2 and hope it improves.

As far as I know, and I've played all the Fallouts (except Tactics and 76), Stimpaks are not for major injuries. There are other items like Super Stimpaks and Doctor Bags that do more in the games. I assume Lucy's wound missed everything vital, in which case a Stimpak would probably work.

I'm not finished with it yet, but I've been enjoying it plenty. It does a good job of capturing the vibe of the games while still feeling fresh. It's well acted and well produced, and the storyline is interesting, especially the background on the vault system, the war, and the origins of both and where they went.

To be fair, I've only ever played Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout 3 with most of its DLC. I never got around to New Vegas, 4, or 76, and I skipped Brotherhood Tactics because my recollection is that it was a real time tactics game and I never liked that genre. All that aside, as I recall, the only game with vehicles in the post apocalyptic setting was FO2 where you could get your own car. Every other game, you were on foot. The BOS and Enclave had vehicles like their quasi-Osprey VTOLs, but otherwise ground transport was on foot or maybe brahmin-drawn cart/wagon.
Just FYI for everyone, Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition is on sale on Steam for $9.99 for the next few hours. Hopefully some of y'all who want to play see this in time.

Also, I loved the show. It's not perfect, but it definitely respected the source material and captured the feel of the universe extremely well, while still telling a new and compelling story.

Would love to have the soundtrack; my kind of music:cool::cool:(y)(y) I also loved the ends of each episode (credits) and the clues you have to watch for in terms of where are they in L.A. and the rendering of iconic landmarks(y)(y)

436526991_450549537349334_8855552153768448749_n.jpg
437918393_450549474016007_3488848695499297535_n.jpg
437961560_450549500682671_6851455038724175034_n.jpg

To address those questions....
1. That's what stimpacks do in the games....get your health down to 1%, pop a couple stims and you're back to 100% in a whopping 15 seconds.
2. On this, well, that assumes that that 'doctor' (and i use that term very loosely) wanted to actually properly help the guy. Seemed like he was trying to take him for money or whatever he could get. He was about to blow his brains out, so helping others wasn't on his mind was it? He saw a mark and went after him. Got paid massively and screws the guy over by turning him into a ghoul. I mean, just look at the him, would you think that's a trustworthy doctor?

1. That's what stimpacks do in the games....get your health down to 1%, pop a couple stims and you're back to 100% in a whopping 15 seconds.
2. On this, well, that assumes that that 'doctor' (and i use that term very loosely) wanted to actually properly help the guy. Seemed like he was trying to take him for money or whatever he could get. He was about to blow his brains out, so helping others wasn't on his mind was it? He saw a mark and went after him. Got paid massively and screws the guy over by turning him into a ghoul. I mean, just look at the him, would you think that's a trustworthy doctor?

My nephew was calling that "Dr." "Chicken Fornicator" (but used the F-bomb) throughout the show. :lol:

For 2, the scientist was I referring too was the guy played by Michael Emerson (of Lost fame), the guy who takes the cyanide that tastes like bananas. Not the guy who "studies" chickens lol. That guy was clearly a charlatan.

It looks like the NCR helmet Ponch had was not fastened correctly. I don't know if they did that on purpose to hint that they weren't actually veteran NCR Rangers, or if they just didn't care. You could see the mask was not attached to the helmet properly.

fallout-tv-show-ranger-outfit.jpg

Stimpaks remove criticals.

So, leg critical may reduce movement. Head crit effects senses and perception. Eat Sugar Bombs, you heal but are still critted, use a stimpak, the crit resolves.

When Max got shot with the tooth, it was a crit. DoT Damage over Time.

I just wish the characters realized everything was walking ambush after ambush.

Next level up, put points in better scavenging

No mirelurks (except eggs) and all that water...BOO
No Glowing ones...BOO

I get that Supermutants and Deathclaws prolly super expensive, so, make sure the show is "worth it" before investing in them. Season 2.

So it turns out that, Fallout 4 spoilers,
the airship in the show is actually the Prydwen from Fallout 4. People zoomed in and it's written on the side like F4. So either the Brotherhood or Minutemen ending of F4 is canon because in the other two you destroy the Prydwen. Maybe the Minutemen made a deal with the BoS to secure that area or the BoS took control, left a contingent and flew off from the Commonwealth. Also form some show creators, it sounds like the entire NCR might be pretty much a goner.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back