Factory Entertainment Agent Sidearm replica (J2 or J gun))

Huh. And I thought the EE would require less cleaning since the chrome plating would be more susceptible to finger prints.

This type of shine job on the Aluminum finish isn't an intrusive cleaning procedure, is it? My James Earl Jones signature plaque is starting to lose the text due to extensive cleaning, but that might be because it's made out of a type of silver.

Maybe less fingerprints short term but aluminium dulls and loses its luster over time... This is why the original J2 props look so dull and terrible now... This is another reason why I prefer chrome plating... but hey, SIGS! I hope...

I'm sure it works. My buddies use it on their custom harley parts because they hate polishing their stuff. I may try it on my J2 to see. Might try it on a small spot at first and see the difference. Always be carefull with stuff like that. I need to see the J2 and it's finish first before i try it. There are other options for aluminum protectant, that is just one.

Hmm.

Factory Ent, care to chime in on this topic? How would you as a company maintain one of the EE Sidearm replicas if you were to have it on display with occasional hands-on use?

The Novus #2 acrylic polish on a cloth will shine it up quickly to a chrome like shine without wearing the surface down. I use them to get such a finish on all my aluminum noisy crickets.

Well I picked the Elite Edition on the hopes of it including sigs. I like the chrome plated look better, but the bonus content that would make the aluminium version $150 more than the limited was the primary selling point for me. I'm really hoping its sigs of either, or both of my two favoritest actors, and best duo ever! In addition to that, I also like the exclusivity that comes with the limited 200 piece edition. Otherwise, I'd have gone with the chrome plated.

As for the noisy cricket, I would LOVE a noisy cricket next! It's definitely on my list of things to get. Plus, since the prototype was visible in the teaser... it MUST be next... Unless... the EE comes with a noisy cricket included! :D now that would be great!

But yes, I would love a noisy cricket, and a soil sampler, and a tri-barrel, and a pulsar blaster, and if SAT replicas tanks I really hope FE acquires the MIB 3 license so I can get the shotgun!!

Agent A, FYI ONLY - I ordered the Limited Edition back on 5 JAN. Finally getting over the flu, so slow to chime in. At least we'll have one each (EE and LE) in the Houston area. Since the J2 was the last MiB weapon my namesake (Agent Dee) attempted to use that last night in the desert back in 1997, I just had to add one to the collection. It's been a long 16 years, really looking forward to February now!

so tell me, you plan to sit it on shelf and admire it in all it's shiny glory?

take it out once in a while to show it off and maybe blast an alien or two?

or carry it around everywhere you go and hope a cop doesn't pull you over?

me?

the day it arrives i'll run around the back yard for a while and blast away at imagined aliens, but then it will likely go into case and on shelf near neuralyzer and only be handled once in a blue moon.

Last edited:

me?

the day it arrives i'll run around the back yard for a while and blast away at imagined aliens, but then it will likely go into case and on shelf near neuralyzer and only be handled once in a blue moon.

Mine will probably never leave my side. that's how I roll.

and thanks to everyone for the tips on keeping the aluminum shiny.

Playing with things never left me as I grew up. With this lovely lady's functioning trigger and rapid fire sound design, this will probably be my most showcased replica both in and out of the case.

Agent A, FYI ONLY - I ordered the Limited Edition back on 5 JAN. Finally getting over the flu, so slow to chime in. At least we'll have one each (EE and LE) in the Houston area. Since the J2 was the last MiB weapon my namesake (Agent Dee) attempted to use that last night in the desert back in 1997, I just had to add one to the collection. It's been a long 16 years, really looking forward to February now!

Awesome Dee! It is exciting to have the best of both worlds and a great MIB presence in the area. I know exactly what you mean! :cool

me?

Well, my standard issue will go into my MIB Locker (display) where I can look at it and admire it all the time, and will be pulled out to played with often since I am very fidgety. And of course, every now and then duty calls and an alien will have to be blasted away!:cool

Playing with things never left me as I grew up. With this lovely lady's functioning trigger and rapid fire sound design, this will probably be my most showcased replica both in and out of the case.

I never stopped playing with things either... my toys just keep getting more expensive. :facepalm

The Novus #2 acrylic polish on a cloth will shine it up quickly to a chrome like shine without wearing the surface down. I use them to get such a finish on all my aluminum noisy crickets.

I use Flitz polish for my aluminiums. It's a carshow quality polish that can be used on metals, fiberglass and plastic, and is often regarded as the best (Zaino may be better for cars but I don't know how good it is on metal). I use the Aluminum preclean first and then the polish paste. It works REALLY great giving it a very nice and clean shine, but it definitely doesn't give it a chrome or mirror-like appearance unless it had such a finish to begin with. I'd be very interested in this polish you have mentioned, or others that have been mentioned, if they do create such a reflective and chrome-like look.

Flitz Metal, Plastic, & Fiberglass Polish

I'm really hoping the EE version will be very highly polished and look as shiny as the MIB3 weaponry! Probably won't be, but I hope so!

FE told me that both guns should look pretty much the same in terms of shine but the EE will lose it's luster. Plus, we all know, aluminum has a slightly different tone than Chrome.

FE told me that both guns should look pretty much the same in terms of shine but the EE will lose it's luster.

Ugh. My ignorance on metal preservation is borderline paranoid. How many times can it be restored before the aluminum starts to fade away into nothingness? I'm already losing my Master Replicas plaque signed by James Earl Jones to cleaning. Not the signature, the actual metal.

I assume your plaque is plastic with an aluminum layer on top. These are solid aluminum. You will never polish the gun away!

My friend on here made a good point about why he doesn't mind having to clean his J2. He pointed out that a real gun requires constant care and cleaning. This would be no different for an MiB agent.

My friend on here made a good point about why he doesn't mind having to clean his J2. He pointed out that a real gun requires constant care and cleaning. This would be no different for an MiB agent.

Well, that's as good of an excuse as any to keep my Elite Edition on order... not that I was tempted to do so of course! I'm looking forward to seeing how owners of the Elite Edition will keep their blasters looking sharp.

attachment.php

Hmm. The pictures for the Elite Edition have been taken down. Possible picture update soon? MORE INFO??

Well I don't have the slightest problem cleaning it.. My concern is that aluminium corrodes over time giving it the dull look. I would certainly use a good polish to try to prevent corrosion and hopefully spruce it back to life with a good shine. However, what I don't know is if a non-abrasive polishing will be enough. I hope that it will, but I wonder if a good buff or abrasive polish will be necessary to overcome any corrosion and return its original shine?

For example if you took the original J2's that look dull and corroded now and gave one a nice premium polish would that help? Take the ones from the prop store of london for example; Are those pictures of it without ever being cleaned and non abrasively polish? Or is this how they look even after cleaning and a polish?

MIB-Gun6.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back