Factory Entertainment Agent Sidearm replica (J2 or J gun))

I received the elite today in the mail. It does seem to have problems from handling of the replica. It is bluing in some areas and there is corrisioon forming in the forward cone vents. The good news is that with the finish already being somewhat polished, going over it with the Novus will give this a super shine. I have already done a hand rub test on the nose and it really is starting to polish nicely. There are small detail pieces which will take a bit more time as well the chromed front barrel section cannot be polished without wearing away the chrome finish.

But when it is done, it is really going to look nice. Going over it withthe jewelers cloth adds a fin e wax layer which will seal the polish and will only need to be used with some heavier handling. I will send this back with a smaller Novus polish bottle and a new cloth. I will post some pics tonight and over the weekend.

Can anyone tell me if these have the allen screws on the side or rivets? Unfortunatly as much as I wanted the elite I can't afford it with my recent pay slashing so I am going to have to get a deal on a limited and refinish it. ie sand down the chrome and polish it. To do it right I will be splitting the halves. If they are rivets I wlll need to drill them, which is fine, I want the SA allens anyways. Just curious what are on it.

They aren't allens but they also don't appear to be real rivets. Hope this helps.

Also hope to hear something about the Noisy Crickets!

Nice replica. I'm not sure if it is of interest to the members of this forum but here is the original hand-crafted aluminium prop as used in the film. I was fortunate to purchase this some years ago.

184399_10200320383479218_1012858275_n.jpg

After months of paying it off, I finally received my EE today. It is beautiful! However... sad news. I've tried three sets of batteries, but I can't get it to work. I'm about to email FE and see what they can do. They've been fantastic thus far, so hopefully they can help me out.

Just have to compliment Barry and the staff there again. They're replacing the gun with no problems. I've enjoyed the email exchanges with him. Best customer service I've ever experienced.

Another satisfied customer. My firearm experienced some recent electronic malfunction and FE were gracious enough to replace the unit. If you don't have this piece, I would get it.

Happy to see FE releasing more replicas recently as well. Can't wait to see what's in store.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back